Ratings for Dr. Giuseppe Barbesino

I travel all the way from Albany, NY to see Dr Barbesino for thyroid cancer. He is knowledgeable, compassionate and spent as much time as I needed with me. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2014

Dismissive, rude-left in tears! Been going to him for years for thryoid cancer and follow-up. Unhelpful and UNWILLING TO WORK WITH MY DOCS AND ADDRESS THEIR CONCERNS for my care! Takes a holier-than-thou approach= very poor communicator. Just another lab result- can't see patient as a person and refuses to accept his treatment isn't working for me or what other docs recommend. Never again will I go back or recommend him.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2012

Where are the negative reviews that were posted in '08,'09,'10????? He misdiagnosed me '09-- had a terrible bedside manner and his knowledge about desiccated thyroid and adrenal fatigue was ZERO. My current doc leaves him in the dust....

flag | Submitted October 3, 2011

Pleasant, smart, skilled, open for discussions, spends appropriate time with patient. Not intimidating. He seems to truly care about his patients. I recommend him.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2011

I find Dr. Barbesino extremely knowledgeable and friendly. He's very direct, but he's a good listener and he asks questions, all of which I like. He speaks quickly and English is not his first language, thus he is aware that you might not take in everything he's saying on the first round. But if you are direct with him, and ask for clarification, I find that he's only too willing to explain what's what. As for the person who said he's only really interested in lab numbers, I think if you asked him to expand on that, he would and it would be a good learning experience for all. He's the second endo I've seen in the Boston area & I'm post total thyroidectomy for CA and I feel he's interested in my long-term survival. I feel as if I can ask him anything and he will take the time to explain things that are not easily understood.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2009

Dr. Barbesino is very competent and knowledgeable. I found him to be interested in addressing my concerns and took the time to explain at length different treatment options. I went through several other endocrinologists before finding my way to him. I could not be more pleased.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2009

Doesn't seem to care about what you have to say - Not really interested in your symptoms and how you feel - Seems as though you are just another set of results to him.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2009

I've seen Dr. Barbasino a number of times over the past few years and have found him to be very pleasant, knowledgeable and helpful.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2008

DR. Barbasino is a gifted specialist. He does not tolerate fools easily, and some people, who think they know better what's wrong with them are unpleasantly supporised by his straight forward manor. At MGH I know he sees many very ill patients who need the care only a place like MGH can provide. He is extremely competent and well respected by his peers. He has treated me through cancer, thyroid removal, and follow on care and knows what he is doing. You may not "like" what he has to say but he is almost certainly right.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2008

Dr. Giuseppe Barbesino's Credentials

• Univ Cattol De Sacro Cuore, Fac Di Med E Chirurgia, Roma, Italy (Grad. 1988)