Ratings for Dr. Matthew S. Barton

Dr. Barton is an extraordinary doctor. He truly cares about his patients & takes the time to listen & find out what is really going on before making a diagnosis. He's extremely thorough & professional. Having been in Vegas for two decades & having struggled to find a quality doctor, I can honestly say he is superior to all the others I have seen.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2017

A kind caring helpful hands on Doctor! With knowledge!

flag | Submitted December 20, 2016

I was told by dr Barton he would see me no matter if I had insurance or not because he wanted to have 3 generations of one family as patients; the office didn't seem to get that memo and/or he change his mind. I had only been seen a handful of times and the wit for an appointment even being sick was at least 8-10 weeks. After setting an appointment 6 months ago I went to my appointment paid my co pay and was soon informed they won't take my insurance, I asked that the office staff get dr Barton so we could talk to him an so he could straighten out the situation. After 30 minutes I was too he could not come out to talk to me because he was seeing patients. This was during my appointment time that I had paid for and he couldn't see me?!?! Not to mention he and his nurse didn't even have the respect to tell me themselves they passes the information through the receptionist. Not only will I never return neither will the rest of my family who has been seeing him for 10+ years

flag | Submitted September 12, 2013

In 3 years as a patient I have seen Dr Barton for 2 check ups. He was polite and took his time. However, and this is a big however - when you need to see him because you are sick you get told that the next appointment is in 10 weeks....and his nurses advice was "go to ER if it gets worse". This is not what I would call "primary care giver". As a result I end up seeing a doctor I have never me before who doesn't have access to my file or Urgent Care.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2013

I am a new patient, just here from CA. I waited 10 days only to be informed that he wasn't taking any new BCBS customers. I am NOT happy having to wait that long to be told this. The staff seemed clueless and only after numerous calls over the 10 days did they call back.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2011

Doctor Barton is a wonderful doctor. I am lucky to have found him. I have been in Vegas for 17 years and have seen many doctors, and no one compares to him. He is the best. My only probably is his staff. They are not very helpful on the phone and have taken over a week for get a message to the doctor per his request on my last visit and they still have not returned my call.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2011

This is the best doctors office in town two locations, used this office for 3 years or more. High volume of patients but worth the visit. Because they take care of billing correctly, have lab on site, care about their reputation as competent and on task. How they get it all done I don't know, I do know that by going to this office I save hundreds of hours managing my multiple issues medical health. I wish they had their own insurance as I would fire the company I have now. Doctors and staff that have it together, NOT AT All like those offices that hire lazy workers who act like they are doing you a favor by taking your insurance card. Five star really. One more thing go get your blood drawn the lady there did it before you figure out it's done. You think oh it's going to hurt and shes holding the exit door open so you can go have a nice day.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2011

Doctor is outstanding but staff leaves much to be desired. The doctor is extremely knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2008

His intervention during my husband's hospitalization most surely saved my husband's life. Highly intelligent, excellect diagnostician, good trauma background, excellent bedside manner. Las Vegas needs many more like him.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2008

I researched doctors in my area and Dr. Barton came VERY highly recommended. When I called his office, they said he was booked for about 6 weeks. I said that was fine, I could wait. They never said Dr. Barton was not accepting new patients. They took all of my information, including a brief medical history, and said they would "submit" it to Dr. Barton and that a scheduler would call me back. They called back today and said, "Oh, sorry, Dr. Barton's not taking any new patients." I feel very frusrated that I took my time to research this doctor and decide on him only to either A) have his staff be very unhelpful, or B) have Dr. Barton apparently decide that I am not worth taking on as a patient.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2008

Dr. Matthew S. Barton's Credentials

• University Of South Florida College Of Medicine (Grad. 1995)

Secure Horizons