Dr. John A. Lopez

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. John A. Lopez

My husband had back surgery we are very pleased and highly recommend Dr Lopez and his staff thank God he was recommended to us!!!

flag | Submitted June 20, 2019

My young son fell from a dozer and caused serious damage to his lower back. After 8 months of seeing other doctors, physical therapy, and injections we turned to Dr. Lopez. He went straight to the problem and my son is now fully functional, able to walk and to work. He is amazing.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2019

I saw Dr Lopez about a week ago due to back pain. From the moment that I walked into his office i felt very welcomed by his staff and just everyone there. He recommended surgery and i was very pleased by the way he explained everything and the recovery time. I would definitely recommend him and his office.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2018

Staff were good but surgeon couldnt really get to the point of how ocould get results without surgery

flag | Submitted October 5, 2017

I first met Dr. Lopez in 2012 after a series of failed back injections when I was told I had two large herniations at my L4/L5 L5/S1 levels without any known cause of injury. I asked to see Dr. Lopez after a previous family member also had him as her surgeon. I was 21 at the time and extremely nervous. However, upon meeting his PA, Sherry at the time and Dr. Lopez I was immediately put at ease. Unfortunately the only thing that could be done was surgery. Dr. Lopez did not rush me at all to make a decision. Was very sweet and explained everything about the surgery. Between back pain, leg pain, numbness and tingling it got bad enough where a couple months later I made the call to schedule the surgery. December 19, 2012 came and surgery was beyond successful. I remember talking with Dr. Lopez before surgery and how calming he was. I was truly blessed with an amazing and caring surgeon. Unfortunately, 10 months later after a fall my L4/L5 severely reherniated again. I'll never forget the pain I experienced. Dr. Lopez said was in the middle of being here in Grand Junction, CO and moving to Alaska. I was blessed enough to have him once again preform another back surgery. I don't remember much due to the extent of the pain. However I'll never forget his compassion and how he comforted my mom when we were warned that I may not come out walking after surgery. But I did thanks to Dr. Lopez's amazing hands and the grace of God. 3 years later I'm walking to this day. A fusion is in store eventually, but I thank Dr. Lopez in my heart everyday. Grand Junction, CO lost an amazing surgeon but I am happy for those in Alaska who have him as there surgeon or future surgeon. They are in the best of hands. Thank you for everything you did Dr. Lopez S. Harvey

flag | Submitted November 7, 2016

I had a lumbar spinal fusion and bone graft 2 months ago and I highly recommend Dr Lopez and his office staff. He was always available to talk to us and answer any questions we had. At my office visits he didn't rush me through and had the time to go over the procedure and any issues that I wanted to talk about. He called me the night before surgery to reassure me and that was totally unexpected and much appreciated. He also called after I was home a few days after surgery to see how I was doing. I have had no back pain since the operation, but my nerves will take a few months to heal, as they had told me before surgery, so I will have a numb leg and foot for awhile, but no pain. I am 100% happy with my surgery and Dr. Lopez, and recommend him to anyone considering surgery. He's the best!!!

flag | Submitted May 31, 2016

Dr. John Lopez and his staff have been wonderful to us. My wife (Kim) and I are both patients of his. Kim had a lower lumbar spinal fusion and bone graft in Sept. 2015. 2 rods, 5 screws, and now 6 months later she's back at work full time and her sciatic pain is GONE!! She suffered miserably for years with sciatica and I finally convinced her to go see someone. We are long time Alaskan's but we'd been out of state for the past 12 years (for my job) and had just moved back. We didn't know anything about Dr. Lopez or his practice, so we just took a chance and we got lucky - very, VERY, lucky!! I liked him so much that I went to see him about my neck. Unfortunately, I have cervical foraminal stenosis and it's really bad on the left side. The MRI showed that I need surgery, so he's operating on me next Wednesday (the 23rd) and I'm sure that my outcome will be as good as hers has been. The staff are very nice and easy to deal with and Dr. Lopez has the best bedside manners of any Doctor I've ever been to. He doesn't make you feel rushed or that you're just another name on a chart. It's very clear that he genuinely cares about his patients and I wish all Doctors would treat their patients like he does. I'm not getting paid to write this and he didn't ask me to. I just think he's that good, so if you've got spinal issues, they're the folks to go see. State of the art facility, clean, easy to find, great staff, and lots of parking. Fairbanks is very lucky to have them here!!!

flag | Submitted March 18, 2016

Staff is great! Dr Lopez is an amazing doctor. Kind hearted, very knowledgable, and a talented surgeon. I could not have been happier with the care I received. Spent a lot of time discussing what was wrong with my back, what exactly he would do during surgery, and very detailed about post surgery care. Laid back atmosphere. Laughing, joking around, while still giving great information and answering all questions completely. He spent time with my family before my surgery to make sure they also knew what exactly would be happening. Also spent time with them afterwards to describe how the surgery went, answer questions, and discuss post operative care in great detail.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2013

This doctor is kind hearted and extremely talented. A blessing to have in Grand Junction!

flag | Submitted April 11, 2008

Dr. John A. Lopez's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Here at Spine Care Specialists Of Alaska our accredited neurosurgeons, Dr. Paul Jensen and Dr. John Lopez, utilize minimally invasive surgery techniques including artificial disk replacement, as well as reconstructive fusion surgery. We also treat wide spread peripheral nerve conditions and offer endoscopic carpal tunnel release. We treat all types of brain tumors and use modalities including intraoperative neuro navigation systems. Our mission at Spine Care Specialists of Alaska, is to provide each patient with compassionate care and to render an individual assessment and treatment plan that affords patients improved quality of life both at work and in pursuit of the many activities Alaska has to offer. We hope that we can welcome you soon in our clinic to provide you with our excellent service.

• Spanish

• Umdnj-New Jersey Medical School (Grad. 2000)

• Carpal tunnel syndrome