Ratings for Dr. Martin Tobias Starkman

Dr. Starkman has been my Doctor for 25 years. He is an AMAZING person and is truly caring ! I would recommend him to anyone who has Nephrology needs.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2017

Dr. Starkman is not only a great doctor, he is one of the most caring human beings I have ever met. What a lovely gentleman and a gifted doctor.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2017

Dr Starkman saved my life. After being misdiagnosed through various testing for over three months, I found myself in renal failure and hospitalized for 30 days. Mr. Starkman worked his magic and pulled me through a most difficult time. He was the only doctor (I had 4) that actually came to see me every day to discuss the days lab results, see how I was doing and check-in with my family. He is a rock-star and one of the finest doctors I know. His staff is equally as kind, gracious and caring.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2017

I have been a patient of Dr. Starkman, for over 20 years He Is The Best Doctor I've Every Had I WOULD Recommend HIM To ANY one, AND Has THE Best Staff In The world. Thank you Dr.Starkman.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2014

Dr. Starkman cared for one of my dear friends after an accident where successful treatment was based on discovering the cause early. I am a nurse at another hospital, and I have never seen a doctor care so much for a patient. He really worked hard to uncover the cause of the problem while comforting and reassuring me in a very sensitive way. I have never seen this kind of true interest from another doctor. I know that if I ever need a nephrologist personally, or if any of my patients ask me for my recommendation, Dr. Starkman would be my only choice.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2011

Dr. Starkman saved my life 3 1/2 years ago when I had life-threatening complications from eclampsia after the birth of my second child. He is up-to-date on the most effective medications and manages to comfort and reassure the patient and the patient's family with his expertise as well as his genuine care and concern for everyone involved. This man is an unsung hero and is one in a million. He is incredible humble and kind, and seems to have a true calling to his profession.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2011

This MD is one in a million--it is rare to find a doctor who is brilliant, PLUS loves & cares deeply about his patients. He treats his patients as he would his family members. I am a nurse, and I have seen it all--he is a rare gem

flag | Submitted September 10, 2010

My Mom goes to Dr Starkman, and I work in a local hospital that he practices at: extremely well LOVED by patients, nurses, physicians, his office staff. My family loves him too! Extremely knowledgable and compassionate: best nephrologist in Richmond VA!!!

flag | Submitted April 28, 2008

Extraordinary physician. Not only is he knowledgable, but genuinely cares about the wellfare of each of his patients.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2005

Dr. Martin Tobias Starkman's Credentials

• Medical College Of Wisconsin (Grad. 1974)