Ratings for Dr. Irene Viola

I called ahead with specific needs, an MRI was needed for my lower lumbar ASAP. My Surgeon was requesting that my primary care doctor (Viola) order the MRI, so there would be no further delay, because he was on vacation and wanted to see me the following week, with the MRI results. I was (and still am) in unbearable pain. Upon my arrival, Dr. Viola wrote off my need for the MRI and stated that I should start a steroid pack. Mind you, she's NOT an orthopedic / spine surgeon. I became extremely upset and demanded the MRI script, which she finally conceded to write. The very next day during the MRI, it was found that I had severe damage to the L4, L5 and S1 and would now require a second back surgery, which includes 2 fusions. Doctors, such as Viola, need to LISTEN to the patient, who knows their own body better than anyone. I will NOT return to her nor will I recommended her in future. I am shocked that after I placed the call earlier that morning, informed of my urgent need, that upon arrival that she felt it is/was within her medical background to determine my greater need by merely prescribing a steroid pack, which could have lead to greater issues. I was taken to the hospital, where they immediately contacted the surgeon with the results, while he was on vacation. Viola's office called today. The nurse in her office is very good and compassionate - perhaps it would suit Dr. Viola to follow the lead of her staff, rather than assuming she knows everything about everyone. Keep in mind folks, she already had my medical history, regarding my prior back surgery - yet FORCED me to come in, pay the co-pay and bill my insurance carrier, just so she could prosper on the visit. The MRI order could have been faxed to the radiology center directly, rather than having me take a huge (and painful 1/2 day out of my life) to visit her office, a 1/2 day I will never get back and for what??? The MRI that I phoned about and felt a need to argue with her about... seriously?

flag | Submitted July 11, 2016

The receptionist is unpleasant. She called me and said you have .... instead of saying we have your test results and the doctor would like to discuss them with you. The nurse is unhelpful (e.g., asked for 90 days supply of Rx more than once and she submits prescription for 30 day supply. I asked her for copy of my blood tests and didn't get them). Dr. Viola tried to rush me into an expensive, aggressive treatment (injection) for borderline osteoporosis instead of a less expensive oral medication. I'm looking for another internist.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2015

Nasty and stupid. STAY AWAY FROM THIS DOCTOR..wothless as diagnostician

flag | Submitted August 31, 2014

Nasty receptionist! Dr Viola is great. Assistant Lisa is very efficient.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2011

Nastiest Secty I have ever seen. Bad attitude problem. Dr.doesn't listen to you. You tell the nurse that you have a fever and she doesn't even take your temperature.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2011

Dr Viola and her staff are very pleasant and professional. She takes time to talk and listen to her patients. I would recommedn her to everyone.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2011

Also specialist in Fibromyalgia. Listens very carefully (as does nurse),asks questions pertaining to your concerns, examines each and every time. Dries tears, shares a smile and laugh.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2008

Dr. Irene Viola's Credentials

• Univ Of The East, Ramon Magsaysay Mem Med Ctr, Quezon City (Grad. 1993)

Top Hospitals in Lewes, DE