Ratings for Dr. Nora E. Hanke

Dr. Hanke is the best pediatrician my kids have had in the past 10 years. We have lived in a lot of states and never once did a doctor pay as close attention to details as Dr. Hanke. She is EXTREMELY knowledgeable and the comment about her Googling everything is absurd. As for bedside manners, she tells it like it is. I would much rather have a doctor who is busy asking questions and listening to my (and my children's) answers than trying to coddle me and my kids! She ALWAYS calls back if I leave a message with her answering service or page her. I drive over 45 minutes for my kids to see her when I could drive 5 minutes to see someone in my own town. Dr. Hanke is fantastic.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2015

She has been my kids doctor for years and has helped us navigate many challenges along the way. While she is not always "politically correct", she is very honest and straight forward with her information. She is extremely thorough and trusts parent feedback which is important to me and my family.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2014

I have read the comments about Dr. Hanke and can understand the comments about bedside manners BUT the fact she is not knowledgeable is completely off base. I have had nothing but excellent health care for my two children for at least 5 years. She extremely thorough and unquestionably will refer to a specialist if necessary. As for her bedside manners, they could use some work. Personally, I don't care if you have a great bedside manner, as long as you are going to catch anything that might be wrong with my kids. Dr. Hanke is great!

flag | Submitted August 25, 2014

Since my 2 children have been in her care I have had to jump through hoops in order to schedule appointments for them. Dr. Hanke refuses to write referrals for specialists unless my comes in to have an exam just prior to the referral even after she has examined my kid 3 to 4 times in the last 4 months. She has been extremely unreasonable at every turn and I have had to get the police involved in just retrieving my children's medical records. She is not a good doctor at all.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2014

Terrible bedside manner. After her rude comments about my daughters weight, and giving my one month old son a vaccine she shouldn't have we switched, for safety. She Google's everything, I can do that at home, and diagnosed things over the phone. She misdiagnosed my son with a proteins sensitivity, when in all actuality he had reflux, so I missed out on breastfeeding. The staff is nice, but I would NEVER recommend. This doctor. Ever.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2013

Dr Hanke made these first time parents feel like they couldn't do it, and I've heard the same from others. Because of daughter's initial weight concern, we had to see her 8 times in 9 days - a bit excessive! Dr Hanke made some very inappropriate comments, at first we ignored them but finally could ignore them no longer. Ultimately we switched Drs and are so happy we did! Not a bad person, just makes inappropriate remarks and not as helpful as she thinks she is.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2010

Great practice - a friendly and helpful receptionist, very thorough nurse and doctor! A great supporter of breastfeeding - I am so appreciative of this. Without this support, I may have missed out on one of the most wonderful experiences of motherhood. Thank you!!

flag | Submitted November 25, 2006

Dr. Hanke is truly a patient advocate. Not only is she extremely knowledgeable in her field, but she always takes her time with us and she sees my daughter anytime we have a concern. We have never had to wait for an appt. - she always sees us, even if it is late in her day, and she has even opened up her office on the weekend to see just us.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2005

Dr. Nora E. Hanke's Credentials

• Univ Of Otago, Med Sch, Dunedin, New Zealand (Grad. 1988)

HealthPartners