Ratings for Dr. Paula Lewis

M late husband was a patient of her's, when he started getting sick she ordered tests but did not accurately read them! She never saw the esophageal cancer!!! He died ten month's later!

flag | Submitted August 25, 2017

She was extremely cold and unfeeling. She never seemed to care when I would come into the office and tell her of my complaint........I have asthma and one night I had run out of my medication and I was having a hard time breathing. I paged her at her answering service to see if something could be called in for me. She never even bothered to reply. I only got assistance the following day from one of her office workers, after spending the whole night awake and struggling to breathe. Anyone who has asthma knows that time is of the essence when you are having an attack, and for her not to respond was down right irresponsible. Coupled with her general cold and uncaring demeanor, this was enough to convince me to find another doctor, who from the first day showed that she cared about her patients and wanted to see them well...............Patients, Beware of this woman!

flag | Submitted December 1, 2005

Although I was her first patient of the day and the appointment was in the morning, she was 45 minutes late to the practice. I would characterize her manner as unfriendly and patronizing. She gave me dubious advice; when I asked her for evidence, she told me "You don't need evidence. You need to do what I say." When I insisted that I would like to see the proof for her assertion, she told me to look on the internet. (Sounds trustworthy!) In all, I was unimpressed; I intend to find a more knowledgable pcp with better patient skills.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2005

Dr. Paula Lewis's Credentials

• Dartmouth Medical School (Grad. 1984)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal