You may also like

Rate Dr. Zachary D. Wassmuth

Dr. Zachary D. Wassmuth's Ratings

Initial consultation for a deviated septum. No other problems besides breathing which was clearly noted on the new patient forms. I get an estimate of what my cost might be when I check in. $35 for consultation, $100 for CT Scan and $150 for a nasal endoscopy. I get taken to the back and CT scan is performed which takes about 2-3 minutes. I get taken to see Dr. Wassmuth and explain to him how I got the deviated septum and how long its been that way. He grabs the endoscopy instrument, places it on the edge of my nostril and looks up my nose for a total of maybe 5 seconds. He then explains the CT scan and you can see my septum is as crooked as a Politian. Anyway, when I check out, my final copay is $285 for a deviated septum that I already knew I had. I can see them doing a CT scan but a nasal endoscopy which only took maybe 5 seconds. Didn't even go IN my nose! There goes $150 bucks. In my opinion they should talk to the patient first, then determine whether you need those other procedures. Its basically automatic for every new patient to get those procedures done right off the bat. Dr.Wassmuth seemed like a good, competent doctor but it just seemed routine and very robotic. Go from one waiting room to another, to another to the doctor, to another waiting room, to schedule your surgery then check out. I did not like the experience at all.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2887670].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 6, 2015

Love these people, always polite friendly and helpful. Dr Wassmuth is the BEST. Hope I never have to change him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][855927].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 31, 2013

I requested an appointment for a second opinion on sinus surgery. I was charged $300 for an office visit that was supposed to be comprehensive (didn't even look at my patient history). I had scheduled with another doctor as well for a second opinion. The other one charged $200 less than Dr. Wassmuth and spent the same time with me and gave me the exact same opinion. Dr. Wassmuth also performed and charged $375 for a nasal endoscopy, which I found out after the procedure that there was only 30% chance that it would work. I was not asked if I wanted the endoscopy, only that he would like to take a look and a sample. He barely looked at my previous CT scans, missing a blood vessel that would complicate surgery. Thankfully insurance disallowed $212 but in my opinion, not worth the extra $462 I had to pay. He was personable and competent. However my other doctors were as well and were more than $300 less without the useless procedure!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][855926].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 8, 2010

Dr. Wassmuth is an excellent doctor. He has performed surgery on 3 of 4 family members. Both of our children had ear tubes put in as babies, and he was not only informative but put us at ease during those procedures. We trust him and are confident in his abilities. He has a very caring demeanor which is hard to find in a doctor. His staff are prompt and have always been available to address questions in a timely fashion.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][855925].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 10, 2010

Dr Wassmuth was able to correct chronic sinus problems I have been dealing with for years using a simple, painless balloon procedure. He is a very engaging and kind doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][855924].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 14, 2009

Pros: He solved my main health question quickly. Cons: I was seated after 3 patients who came later and after his staff told me there were no open rooms available - I find out later it was about a minor issue my insurance complained about. His staff did not even know you could submit insurance information and could not find my submission. He was unable to answer other questions about a specific specific specialty to my satisfaction.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][855923].votes_count ]]