Ratings for Dr. Neal A Lewin

Phenomenal physician. Extremely detail oriented and smart. Tough to find better in NYC!

flag | Submitted September 23, 2014

Dr Lewin has been my Dr for over 20 years. He's caring,knowledgable, and thorough. The only issue I have is his assistant at the front desk. Just now I called the office and couldnt understand a word she was saying because her mouth was full of food. She's rude and unprofessional. But once you get past her, you're good!

flag | Submitted December 7, 2011

flag | Submitted August 18, 2011

Dr. Neal Lewin has been my Internist/PCP since I was an underage teenager and I'm now 50 (a little over 30 years). Dr. Lewin is the most compassionate, thorough, caring, sensitive, present, extraordinarily intelligent, knowledgeable and conscientious physician. I don't visit him as often as he'd like, but it's no reflection on him or his staff. He takes great care hiring staff that has always been effective, efficient, personable, caring and warm. Throughout the years, I've recommended Dr. Lewin to all my family, friends and neighbors, and will continue to do so without reservation. Thank and bless you, Dr. Lewin! You are in a class by yourself!

flag | Submitted August 13, 2009

I have been visiting Dr Lewin for many years and could not have asked for a more caring or knowledgable primary Doctor. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2008

I've been using him for 30 years, and have always found him accurate, knowledgeable and available. In other words excellent.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2008

Dr. Lewin tends to be attentive and thorough during the examination. At the consultation at the end of the visit, he always addresses all relevant issues that came up during the examination, and answers all questions I have, regardless of whether it relates to something from the examination. Waiting time is brief--he's usually on time or just a little behind--and when I've been sick and so needed an appointment on short notice, the office has usually been able to fit me in. I recommend him.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2008

Absolutely the best initial new patient exam I've ever received. Incredibly smart, compassionate and thorough, these qualities leave no doubt as to why Dr. Lewin is one of the Best Doctors in New York (New York Magazine).

flag | Submitted June 26, 2008

First thing nurse said was "are you having an EKG, because your insurance won't cover it"...entire appt. wound up centering on his trying to convince me to have an EKG and pay $100. I have no heart issues or history and was there for severe back/hip pain, which was not diagnosed and I was referred to a physical therapist. When I called back to ask where this EKG would take place, surprise surprise! Dr. Lewin had the machine right there! The $100 was for him! Even though insurance companies wouldn't pay because they evidently found it overused or unnecessary. Alway discouraging to see how transparent and small time our greedy doctors have become. At least have the respect for our intelligence to be a little devious.

Submitted March 8, 2008

Dr. Neal A Lewin's Credentials

• State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center (Grad. 1974)