Ratings for Dr. Norris S. Payne

This Doctor is only good at prescribing medicine. Every time we walk in the door, we have to remind him of our child's past medical history which we have been seeing him for 18 months. He forgets to call in prescriptions, delivers critical and serious information that should be given in person over email, he forgets to send in orders for critical tests and then does not even have the courtesy to see you in person to deliver the test results. Constantly blames his short comings on working for Piedmont.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2012

We have 4 children, my sister in law has 3 and they all see Dr. Payne. He is the most professional, caring, knowlegable Dr. you could possibly ask for. We moved to Michigan a few years back and we still go see Dr. Payne everytime we go back to Houston. A quality doctor is hard to find and Dr. Payne exceeds every expectations and defies every stereotype of today's pediatricians. The staff is incredible and truly enjoy working in the office. He takes the time to keep up on new procedures and treatments and will not be held hostage by insurance rules and pressures. I have never taken the time to fill out these reviews for anything else but Dr. Norris Payne deserves my time as he has given so much to my family.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2009

10/2008: My four children (ages 8-23) have seen "Dr. Norris" over a span of 23 years (my oldest still begs to see him instead of an "adult doctor", but he knows he's too big now = ). I can attest that you will not find a kinder, more considerate, more knowledgeable pedi. He cares for every child who walks through his doors. The practice that he shares with his wife has grown over the years, and so has the size of his staff. The good news is that he has kept his best staff members with him over these 20+ years and they've rallied during the tough times. I've experienced only a few admin. "hiccups" during his growth spurts, but Dr. Norris warrants our loyalty. I can sincerely say that we dearly love him. -The Jones Family, Bellaire TX

flag | Submitted October 8, 2008

I tried to call and make an appointment twice, but the staff kept telling me to "hold on a second" and putting me on hold for 5-10 minutes. When I asked them why I was being transferred back and forth and put on hold so much they said that Dr. Payne was "not really taking many new patients" and that they would have to screen me to see if he'd see our son. Finally, they said they would call me back and never did. I never saw the doctor, but the staff was very disorganized and disrespectful of my time. I wouldn't have put a rating for anything else but the staff, but the system forced me to make a rating for punctuality, helpfullness, and knowledge before it would let me submit the form.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2008

Not only a great doctor, but one of the kindest human beings you could ever find. Everyone in the office, including the staff, is cheerful and helpful. You can tell they really love their job.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2006

Very knowledgeable and current on new procedures and medicines. Personable and takes the time to answer and explain any questions one might have. I am usually not very impressed with doctors I have to deal with but Norris is definitely at the top of my list for a quality physician. Could not more highly recommend a doctor.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2005

Dr. Norris S. Payne's Credentials

• University Of Texas Southwestern Medical School At Dallas (Grad. 1978)

Kaiser-Permanente