Ratings for Dr. Zahid Zafar

My mother and dad were patients for Dr. Zafar for years. They moved to assisted living in 2013 and continued to see Dr. Zafar. My Dad passed away in 2014. Dr. Zafar started sending a mobile doctor to the assisted living facility which we never requested for my mom to be seen by. She would come and check her vitals at least once a month and my mom really didn't want to see her and we finally got it stopped. The last time they came was in 2015. Two weeks ago my mom got very sick with some type of upper respiratory illness. The 2nd day she was sick I knew she needed to see a doctor. The head of nursing at the assisted living center called three different numbers for Dr. Zafar. 2 of the three were his office by the Medical Center in McKinney and his "mobile unit" which had also seen her before. She was told by all 3 places that they had no record of her ever being a patient. She let me know this and I called his office by the McKinney Medical Center where they used to always go see him. I was told by a man there that the last time they saw her was in 2015 and she had been seen by the mobile unit so she was no longer a patient of Dr. Zafar's. I asked why no one ever told us that and he had no idea but referred me to the mobile unit. They had no record of her and would not see her. I was really upset and finally was able to get her signed up for a different doctor and she was then seen and by then had pneumonia in one lung. I cannot tell you how angry and disappointed in Dr. Zafar that I am! I would NEVER RECOMMEND ANYONE to him!!! The only doctor she had to depend on at 94 years old was him and they acted like I was crazy to even ask for them to see her. It was so very frustrating and was a very helpless situation. This website wouldn't let me put zero stars so I had to put 1 to be able to put the review out here or you would see ZERO.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2018

I took my Grandmother for her first visit with Dr. Zafar. We were 30 minutes early and we were not seen for 2 hours. I was excited about seeing Dr. Zafar. He came highly recommend. 2 1/2 hours later we get in a room and the nurse practitioner comes in. She was nice and knowledgable but my grandmothers appointment was with Dr. Zafar and she had the insurance to cover it. They said he left. There was no emergency. It was lunch time. He decided we weren't worth seeing because he had been there late and left us to be seen by someone else. I had even offered to come back but apparently he leaves for vacation soon and will be gone for 3 weeks. Very disappointing visit.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2012

Released my 89 year old grandmother at 8:00 pm after family members had left for the night after waiting in her room for hours to speak to the doctor. This was after internal bleeding and receiving a blood transfusion. Horrible

flag | Submitted October 14, 2011

Feel comfortable with Dr. Zafar. Has been most caring and is not critical. Would recommend him to friends.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2007

My family and I have been going to see Dr. Zafar for a while. He is great, very helpful, thoughtful, and knowledgeable. His front office staff could be a little nicer, but overall great experiences.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2006

Very nice and thorough, responds to patients calling in quickly.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2005

Dr. Zahid Zafar's Credentials

• Dow Med Coll, Univ Of Karachi, Karachi, Pakistan (Grad. 1992)

Top Hospitals in Mckinney, TX