Ratings for Dr. Luis Fernando Arango

flag | Submitted August 20, 2012

Dr. Arango has been my dad's doctor for a few months and has done a tremendous job on him. I congratulate him 100% for treating him. Thanks, The Longoria's....

flag | Submitted August 27, 2010

We so far have not had any life threatening problems with him. However, we have had several disagreements with his info. We were discussing treatments for my DD and he had his info ALL WRONG!!! When I told him the facts about a condition that I have had my whole life that could affect my daughter's life, he told me I was wrong and that no such condition existed and told me he was going to report me to the authorities. (which he can do if he wants but won't cause me any problems it's my right to choose my child's health care.) He also prescribed diet pills to my husband that are known to cause major illness and even death (my husband is not THAT over weight!). I will see his wife but we are going to avoid seeing him any more!!!

flag | Submitted January 27, 2010

This Doctor gives patients what ever they want to shut them up, chances are if you complain of a headache, you will end up addicted to some kind pain drug. He also refused to let me call a cardio, despite the patient having an active heartattack, patient ended up in ICU thanks to the infectious disease doctor, and revived after a code. I would never allow any of my loved ones to see this doctor.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2009

might be the only doctor that can listen to patient's heart and lungs sounds while the stethoscope earpieces are around his neck, not in his ears!! and then tells you that you sound perfect...what a disgrace!!(true story)...nasty and brutal manners when it comes to dealing with hospital staff...no wonder he lost working privileges to some of the hospitals in the area

flag | Submitted May 7, 2009

He just recieved an award as doctor of the year. Wow I am so lucky to be his patient. Nothing but postive experiences with this physician.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2008

Dr. Arango is an amazing physician that cares about his patients and rarely makes mistakes. He knows medicine more than any other doctor in the area. I would recommend him to anybody but make sure to not meet his wife, because she is intense. wow!! he is amazing though

flag | Submitted June 9, 2008

He saved my husband's life. When no one would listen he did. I do believe that if you felt he was unprofessional, you were ignorant as to your or your families prognosis. He is excellent in pulmonary care, internal medicine, and gerontology. If he is taking care of you, you were deathly ill at one point, and he fixed it. This I know because my husband and I were in that category. We had other physicians, specialist, and bad results......Thank God M.D. work in the Rio Grande Valley.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2008

After reading the previous comments I realize that the people writng them are ignorant. Dr. Arango has recieved numerous awards by Mission Regional hospital. He has over thirty years of experience and has been the only doctor in the rio grande valley to diagnose a serious tb of a local teacher, a case which appeared on the monitor. He has a busy office for a reason, he is the best.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2008

I don't know how Dr. Arango became our primary doctor while my father was hospitalized. We had never seen him before, he just showed up. He visited my father every night at the hospital, but did not check chart before talking to patient. He just started showing up and charging visits to medicare. He is very unethical and sugar coats everything when he can't answer your question. He says things referring to "we'll leave it up to God" when he's not sure of an answer. I would not recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2007

Dr. Luis Fernando Arango's Credentials

• Univ De Antioquia, Fac De Med, Medellin, Colombia (Grad. 1974)

Top Hospitals in Mission, TX