Ratings for Dr. Peter H. Schur

I saw Dr. Peter Schur 27 years ago when I initially became ill. I laugh at the comments that proceed mine because they are correct. Dr. Schur may come across as cold and unattached but deep down he is a very caring man and takes the health of his patients very seriously. My husband would always refer to him as The Boss when we saw him and called him Boss to his face. He always got a grin from him out for that. Dr. Schur followed me for about 10 years until I was stable enough to be passed off to a community rheumatologist. If it were not for Dr. Schur I'm not sure I would be here today to write about this review. The man is a lupus genius! Back in a time when being pregnant and having lupus was very dangerous I believe that my son is alive today because of he followed me throughout my pregnancy from day one to the time my son was born including treating me pre and post delivery immediately. He also instructed the high-risk neonatologists what to do for my son who was not breathing at Birth. I will forever be indebted to Dr. Schur and the care he gave me for a great many years. I will never forget him. If you are blessed enough to be in his care you are truly getting the best of the best.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2017

I love Dr. Schur. After being diagnosed with Lupus by 3 drs, Dr. Schur carefully read my tests and notes. He gave a careful exam and asked me lots of questions and was listened. I came prepared and handed him a short summary of my year long battle of feeling horrible. He concluded I didn't have Lupus, but a low iron deficiency. He put me on a 6 month regimen to recover from the horrible drugs and also gain badly needed iron stores, he saved my life. He's the only doctor who listened carefully and didn't assume the doctor before him got it right. He knows Lupus and he knows what Lupus isn't.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2014

Saw Dr. Schur based on his reputation as a lupus specialist. Left VERY frustrated. Felt I was not listened to, nor were my maladies truly address. All was attributed to a "sleep disorder." Excuse me? If I was not in so much pain, I could sleep! Seeking a new doctor. On a personal note, I think he is a nice fellow, but his bedside manner was cool at best. He spent more time addressing my medical records to the med student in the room than he did me.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2013

I have been seeing Dr. Schur for over 20 years.Yes, he can have an attitude--get over it. He will give you your life back if you listen to him. Yes, it is hard to get past his cold intellect, but behind the massive brain is a very caring knowledgeable man.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2013

Previous reviewers' descriptions describe my experience with this doctor perfectly. Arrogant, unhelpful, seemingly distrustful of patients - a strange and very frustrating experience. Perhaps resting on his laurels after too many years at an HMS institution.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2013

I met with this dr many years ago. It was a waste of my time. Too quick with his opinion. Never examined me. And, discussed everything but the illness I was there for!

flag | Submitted October 31, 2011

arrogant/not in touch with patients pain or daily lives he cannot relate.Find a new one quick.He will disagree with other doctors findings.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2010

Didn't really get the answers I was hoping for... I saw Dr. Schur because of his interest in CFS but I found that he really didn't understand the illness. webmd.com is more helpful. I'm not sure how he can be unaware of the key indicators of the disease but his answer to the overwhelming world of crap that started for me a year ago was to sleep better at night and exercise. Durrr..., if it was that easy I would do that. I should add that prior to being ill I ran 60 minutes a day/5 days a week. Trust me, if I could be active I WOULD. Waste of my time.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2010

Dr Schur is the best Dr I know for lupus, I think his record and education speak volumes.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2009

I found him in the first part of my first visit to be curt, unsympathetic, argumentative and at times insulting.He had difficulty reading the transcripts from previous doctors in the proper order. In a word I found him quite arrogant. It was only after his physical exam that he believed I was telling the truth about the maladies from which I suffer. I will continue to see doctor Schur because of his reputation. Only time will tell.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2009

Dr. Peter H. Schur's Credentials

• Harvard Medical School (Grad. 1958)