Ratings for Dr. Harry D. Fischer

Seeing him over 10 years. Initially diagnosed me when no one else did. His style may not be for everyone, but I appreciate his candor and the time he takes to explain to me my condition/options. He treats me as an intelligent person, capable of participating in my own care. So many doctors treat you like only they know what is good for you. He does not. One of the best doctors I've ever seen.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2006

On 1st visit, recommended Enbrel. 3rd visit: Recommended I immediately stop Enbrel, antidepressants--although he was not 1 of prescribing Drs, nor did he ever discuss with prescribing Drs. If he had, Drs. would never agree to abrupt--or any--cessation of these meds. Besides, the drug manufacturers caution against abruptly stopping these meds. His "no drugs" protocol is counter to that of Am Rheum Assoc & NIH advice to treat rheumatoid arthritis aggressively, preferrably with biologics, to stop/delay irreversible bone/joint damage. He's 1 of the 2 rheums at his hosp, so he is Chief of Rheum only because the other one isn't. Avoid this Dr like the plague--he will aggressively allow you to become disabled.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2006

In my opinion, one of the most arrogant, unfriendly doctors I've ever met. He missed the diagnosis of my condition, told me it was all in my head, and listened about as much as he cared--which was not at all. Thank god for the other doctors who diagnosed me correctly. And the big joke is he's head of the department!

flag | Submitted September 23, 2005

Dr. Harry D. Fischer's Credentials

• Albert Einstein College Of Medicine Of Yeshiva University (Grad. 1979)