Ratings for Dr. Ramon J. Murphy

Dr. Murphy is a wonderful, compassionate, amazing doctor. When my daughter was 2 and 1/2 years old, she found my iron pills, opened the childproof cap, swallowed a bunch and nearly died. Dr. Murphy, who is beyond busy, stopped what he was doing, met us at the emergency room and stayed there with us for 4 hours until her stomach was pumped and she was in the ICU. He assured us that our daughter would be fine, and then he called us throughout the weekend to check on her (it happened on a Friday afternoon). I can't recommend him highly enough.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2010

Dr. Murphy was the pediatrician for both of my sons over 20 years ago.He is that rare gem,a doctor who love his craft, and has a deep and genuine concern for his patients.I wish all doctors were like him.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2009

I believe Dr. Murphy is the best pediatrician in the world! He is kind, caring, compassionate and always available to help. The night my daughter was born , he was at the hospital at 2am to give her, her first check up. In fact, he woke me up to give me his findings! I could not believe he was there. He was very cheerful and explained everything in detail. Over the years, I have had to call him many times, even in the middle of the night for help. He always answers and is extremely considerate. I have felt guilty for calling him and disturbing him so much, but he actuallly encourages parents to do this. His partners are great as well. My daughter loves him completely and so do we. When she was two, I tried to get her to eat an apple. I told her an apple a day, will keep Dr. Murphy away. She screamed and said, then I will never eat one, because I don't want to keep Dr. Murphy away. I love him! I guess that says it all!

flag | Submitted February 22, 2008

Dr. Ramon J. Murphy's Credentials

• Northwestern Univ Med Sch, Chicago Il 60611 (Grad. 1969)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal