Ratings for Dr. Herbert Silverstein

He's amazing. He did my staoedectomy many years ago. I went to see hem again to see if anymore new procedures could be done. Unfortunately there is not anything for nerve deafness as if yet. I am confident if there is a fix for that, he will will be in on the research and development. He's a very knowledgeable surgeon. I have nothing but respect and confidence in him.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2017

I went for TINNITUS or serious ringing in the ears. It was a complete waste of time. The institute talks a game about treating tinnitus but knows nothing at all about this affliction. Silverstein just looked for wax in my ears and ordered up a hearing test (which took a month to get). When I came back armed with some questions on drugs that might help he dismissed me and blew them all off with a shake of the head. He wouldn't even comment on why he dismissed them. He simply stated they would take care of it and wisked me off to the hearing aid center. I had perfect low frequency hearing, 95% in the clarity of understanding of words, and only a 30% loss in hearing in the high frequency hearing which coincidentally starts at the same frequency as my tinnitus. Really? I did try the $4800 hearing aids and returned them within the warranty period as they did absolutely nothing for my tinnitus. Oh, the total time Silverstein spent with me over the two visits was less than 10 minutes. Very disappointment to say the least.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2015

Extremely knowledgeable and highly proficient surgeon who provided me with much needed hearing restoration via a cochlear implant.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2009

This guy kept me in the waiting room for 2 hours. Once I saw him, he would not answer questions regarding the surgery. He just kept talking into his little tape recorder. It seemed like the only thing he was interested in was whether or not I had insurance. There are better ENTs out there and I'd recommend you give this guy a miss and try out a different doc.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2009

I had had at least 6 previous surgeries with my beloved Dr. Gartner in Chester, PA. The Cholosteatoma kept coming back. He sent me to Dr. Silverstein in the early 1980's. The most arrogant man I had ever met told me there was no reason for me to be there. I'm a nurse and told him if he had bothered to look at the report of operation from the last surgery, he would see that the tumor was wrapped around the sigmoid sinus. He said he would take me to OR but he wouldn't see anything. 3hours later he told my mother that the tumor was just where Dr. Gartner said it was. When I was discharged from the hospital. I got on a plane and came right home. Dr. silverstein got the job done, but what a horrible bedside manner. He wanted $2000.00 upfront setteled for $800.00 until my insurance sent me a check.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2009

Very rude, my son had surgery and as a mother I was concerned. He acted like nothing was a big deal and even talk down to me and my son. Terrible bedside manner.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2008

I had an acoustic neuroma 24 years ago, he performed my surgery. He had no personality, but then again, I wasn't looking for a friend. I have seen many many patients since with tremendous facial paralysis...it amazes people I work with, MDs and nurses (in the OR), when I tell them I had this diagnosis and yet no visible weakness or paralysis.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2008

He was awful and not very knowledgable about how the field has changed. His advice turned out to be very unhelpful and I'm glad I received a second opinion.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2007

Dr. Silverstein did not go overstatistics for surgery with me (stapedectomy) very dissatisfied with his attitude and non-chalance. DO NOT HAVE A STAPEDECTOMY OPERATION WITH THIS DOCTOR - MY HEARING IS SIGNIFICANTLY WORSE

flag | Submitted December 19, 2005

Dr. Herbert Silverstein's Credentials

• Temple University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1961)