Ratings for Dr. Howard J. Hoos

OK. HE NEVER SPOKE A WORD OF ME MAYBE HAVING FIBROMYLGA IN THE OFFICE, NOT ONCE. ME, WORRIED. RAN INTO IN THE HALL WAY ON THE WAY OUT AND ASKED HIM IF I WOULD EVER WALK NORMALLY AGAIN AND YOU KNOW WHAT HE SAID ! i hope so! and with a smile on his face! **** this dude!!! then as hes rushing with papers ready to see another pateint.he says that well "maybe" you have fibromylga!! then he says "try this it may help! he tried to give my cymbalta for fibro. CHECK OUT THIS WEBSITE(http://www.ssristories.com/ i told him that this can cause suicidal thoughts or toughts of murdering people! AND I AM SCARED BY HOW HE ACTED, FOR LIFE!!!!!IT REALLY ****S WITH ME!!!! he laughed and said i dont think so!!!!!! **** you hoo's go in tress with the rest of the owls. wait thats to much respect. an owl would KNOW your not one of them and you would get poached like a douche. grabed and played with brutaly! use your imagination! i got got a sick one! ahaha. O YEAH I DONT HAVE FIBROMYAGIA.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2013

I was a new pt at the office. Wait time was a bit long. But well worth it. Dr. Hoos is amazing. He explained everything very well and was sympathetic to my RA. I was very nervouse when I first got there bit walked out feeling great. I can't express enough how wonderful he is. I feel very blessed to have found him.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2013

Dr. Hoos was my grandma's doctor for many yrs- but I have no idea why she was so attached to him. He is the WORST dr I've ever experienced. He is rude, short & impatient. He rolls his eyes & acts annoyed if you dare ask him a simple question. He never returns calls, his staff is rude & overworked, & he is completely unprofessional. Towards the end of my grandmother's life, he did not treat her with any dignity or respect & talked about her as if she was not even in the room. He was annoyed w/ my family for not going against her wishes & putting her in a nursing home, so he just went ahead & arranged for her to be admitted to a home on his own without our consent or knowledge. Of course once we found out, we refused to take her, so he got angry & told us we needed to find her a new dr. He could not have cared less about my sweet grandmother, even after 15 years+ of being her physician. He is heartless and mean, and should have retired 10 years ago. AVOID THIS DR AT ALL COSTS!!!!

flag | Submitted February 15, 2013

I have seen this doctor for years and I really like him. He has been the best for the past 8 years. Although the wait is a bit long at times but its worth it.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2009

This is the worst Dr. I have ever been to. I was new to the area and BC gave me his name. He is very condescending with eye rolling and ignoring you. Doesn't like you to ask questions on meds perscribed or test results. I have called in for referrerls for my kids to go to the out patient clinic -he makes you wait until the end of the day before he approves it. The worst. How anyone can say different I don't know. And oh I also had the same problem with taking my xrays to another Dr. and paid 3 times too. Got a referral from that Dr. Sure glad I took it.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2008

I waited for an hour as a first time patient to see this doctor who snaps his gum and rapid fires questions at you without waiting for an answer. Rolls his eyes and acts put upon when asked to let you finish answering a question - any question. This doctor needs to retire.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2008

Usually running a little behind. Can be pushy, but usually answers my questions and seems quite knowledgeable about my complex conditions.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2008

Dr.Hoos is fabulous. Great bed side manner

flag | Submitted July 17, 2007

Dr Howard Hoos is a fine physician. I was diagnosted with a very rare auto-immune diease called WG ( Wegners Granumatosis). He is one of only a handful of doctors that know how to treat and monitor such a rarity. I was lucky that he walked into my hospital room 9 years ago and I am alive today and in remission because of his outstanding research, dedication and work. Yes, his office is not as plush as others, but he is a no non-sense fine doctor. He cares for over 400 patients and many are unable to care for their symptoms and need extra attention. He does extra long rounds at the local Oxnard St John's hospital ( the best care facility in the area)and sometimes arrives late. I guess someone he was caring for was more sick then me.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2005

Constantly reminds you that you are an hmo. Very evasive. Does not like to answer questions on perscriptions he perscribes, test results, etc. Always in too much of a hurry. Sent me to another dr. for evaluation I offered to take my xrays with me, but they said, "oh no, we send them." I paid and went to the other Dr. 3 times before the xrays were sent from his office. Office disorganized. The Dr. that did my evalution (frustrated) for xrays asked how I liked my Dr.? I answered I don't know what to think. I'm new here and BC gave me his name. The Dr. then said I'm not supposed to do this and gave me names for 2 other Dr.s to choose from.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2005