Ratings for Dr. David Liebowitz

Unfortunately the good doctor wasn't ever on time and usually a couple of hours behind time. Also he was always unprepared and once even read me his diagnosis of my condition -- and it turned out to be someone else's diagnosis. He unfortunately isn't a doctor you should seek for advice on such a serious matter as oncology. Avoid him and seek out another oncologist at some other facility. Even my referring internist at PAMF told me to to see him only for a diagnosis and get treatment elsewhere.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2008

I have been seeing Dr. Leibowitz for about 3 years now and I would generally categorize him as overwhelmed. There was a significant shortage of oncologists at PAMF for a couple of years and I think that he ended up with too many patients. I have had to wait inexcusable amounts of time for scheduled appointments, ranging from 2-3.5 hours. I have even left the clinic without having seen him because I couldn't wait any longer. I have had a good experience with his RN and his nurse practitioner and my phone calls/concerns have been returned promptly. He has never spoken about another patient in my presence or belittled me. I am not sure that he is confident in my diagnosis or treatment plan but he has consulted other experts. He seems truly concerned when I have problems. My review would have to be somewhere in the middle.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2008

Dr Liebowitz is very unprofessional, makes fun of his patients all the time, does not care about his patients, insensitive, rude, does not keep up with new technology, always does what he did 40 years ago, very unhelpful, never answers calls or concerns, and a very inapt doctor in general. I full-heartedly advise against seeing this doctor, even if he was the last oncologist on earth!!!!

flag | Submitted January 15, 2008