You may also like

Rate Dr. Richard J. Kennedy

Dr. Richard J. Kennedy's Ratings

My appointment was for 2pm. At 3:45 I was finally able to see the doctor. Got out of there at about 4:20. I think that's why they tell you it'll be a 2 hour appointment! It would be nice to know if they're running that far behind. I had to leave work early for no reason! What a colossal waste of my time. No apologies, no offer to pay for my extra parking time, nothing. I would have appreciated a heads up during my booking call that I had to pay for parking.
Dr Kennedy is very curt. Seems professional but does not elaborate on anything. I have concerns about a sulfite allergy and just before the prick test he comes in and says 'there's no conclusive testing for sulfites' and walks away. Less than helpful!
After the prick test he examined my arms, told me to wash them off and go see him in his office. I went there and he said that I didn't have any reactions so he's sending me for blood work to be sure. I appreciate that he wants to be thorough but I'm not sure what happens next. Do I get a call from his office, my doctor, anyone!?
The receptionist didn't seem overly professional. She was very short with everyone and a bit rude on the phone.
The nurse doing the prick test was wonderful. She explained what she was going to do, showed me everything and asked if I had any questions.
Overall, I would not recommend this clinic if you value your time at all.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2892999].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 12, 2015

Dr Kennedy was the worst medical
professional I've ever seen. The skin prick tests were done in a room full of people, not a private setting and he didn't explain what exactly they were going to test for, and why, before the tests began. After the test, he glanced at my daughter's arm for all of 2 seconds (still in the room full
Of people) before making his diagnosis. At this point we finally were taken to his office where he said "your daughter has a peanut allergy", shoved a photocopied piece of paper across his desk with some extremely basic info on it and said "you'll need to read this", and then pushed a receipt across his desk and saying "take this to the receptionist" that was it!!! Of course, I had a million questions - he answered them with as little information as possible. I've now asked my GP for a referral to a new allergist. He is probably 100 years old, obviously tired of his job, but his attitude is unacceptable when he is advising on life-threatening conditions. The worst.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2840898].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 17, 2015

I have been experiencing hives on my forearms and face for over a year. In June 2014 I went to see a GP who prescribed contact dermititis and issued a topical ointment which did not work. In April 2015 I saw another GP who referred me to Dr Kennedy, I was able to get in on a cancellation. I found his receptionist assertive, curt yet professional. Julia, the nurse who administered the test was friendly but not helpful. Meaning I would ask her questions about welts and itching I was feeling but she told me to wait for the doctor as he would know more about why I was having reactions, such as what I ate prior to the test or what meds I was on, which the doctor never asked. I found my assessment from Dr Kennedy extremely disappointing in that I was handed three re-photocopied articles on dust mites, birch allergies (which I reacted to) and molds, so blurry they are almost unreadable. I honestly expected to be provided with more information but he handed me a receipt for $70 and sent me to the receptionist. I want another test, I want a list of foods to avoid, I want to know what to do, do I need something topical? Are foods that are cross-reactions to the things I am sensitive to but not listed available to be tested (for example I reacted to Birch so I have read that I should avoid apples, I have been reacting to mangoes and pineapples that were not on the list, and I would like to be tested but I called the office and Dr Kennedy is on vacation for one month and his office will be closed. What!?!?

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2819086].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 27, 2015

i found our experience at dr kennedys office quite pleasant. upon arrival the front desk staff was smiles and very approachable, even while waiting for our appt she was helpful to the other 3 people we saw leave.we were pre warned on the phone about the length of the appt and what that included, so there was only some surprise when we were actually done an hour early. this was impart due to the fact that my son threw a tantrum about the pulmonary exam -after his previous meltdown with the allergy test itself and still the staff was patiant and calm with trying diff ways to help him understand the process of the test and make it fun. after reading the review posted on here i was really startingto question why my dr of 15 years would send us to such a place, i was in turn very releived to come to the conclusion that although there isnt very many reviews on here and the majority are extrememly poor, its obvious that those that had a bad experience are going to want to be heard. it brings new light to the phrase you can have a thousand happy customers and not hear a word, but one discruntled person can sing louder then all of them.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2808921].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 15, 2015

Dr.Kennedy helped me to discover my food allergies..corn, milk, and eggs...after I asked for a food allergy test. He was quick but helpful.It was a long wait but worth the wait. I asked for a regerral for a dietitian..but they do not offer this service. I am still in needof a dietitian for my food allergies.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2808121].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 15, 2015

would never go back. Told appointment was two hours long, only because the first hour is spent in the waiting room. The rest of the time is rushed and handled by very unprofessional people. Dr. Kennedy should retire now. Rude, abrupt, and not helpful. Told no allergies when I know I do. Staff don't listen to patience either. Going back to family doc to tell him of the experience and hope he doesn't send anyone there.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2804584].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 12, 2015

My appointment at Dr. Kennedy's office was the most unpleasant medical appointment I've ever had. He has no bedside manners and his nursing staff is horrible. I had to stop the nurse from administering my allergy medication and request the doctor do it as she was diluting the medication incorrectly. I'm looking for a new doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2762689].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 31, 2015

We brought our young son to this doctor. He diagnosed him with allergies and was not able to articulate what our son is allergic to. He did not test for requested substances that are known to cause him a reaction for confirmation. We have since been to a much more thorough and communicative certified allergist - although we waited 14 months for the referral it was well worth it. On the College of Physicians and Surgeons for Alberta website Dr. Kennedy specialty is listed as internal medicine and respirology. If you are looking for an allergist go to one for whom it is a recognized specialty by the College.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2720424].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 13, 2015

My visit to Dr. Kennedy's office last month was the most humiliating and demeaning doctors office visit I've ever experienced.
To be clear, Dr. Kennedy himself was pleasant enough to deal with, even though he didn't provide any sort of explanation or deeper level of understanding on what I was testing for. Besides his own performance, my real issue was with his staff.
The 1st tech who performed my pre-breathing tests:
First of all, when I entered the room with my shopping bags, she jokingly mocked that I was carrying too many heavy bags, which I explained was because I take the bus.
We then began the tests, and she became quite exasperated with my results, even claiming that I was purposefully trying to botch the results, as if I'd even know how that would be accomplished. After repeated extra attempts to make me pant properly like a dog, while blocking my airway, she gave up and told me to 'just leave the room.'
After that start, I was made to wait 1.5 hours in an empty waiting room for my next consultation by Dr. Kennedy himself. This was a simple check-up sort of review and asking of relevant questions to my case. After this I was directed to the next waiting room where the allergy testing was to take place.
The 2nd tech/nurse:
This is where the real horror began. The nurse there grabbed the non-fiction book I was reading from my hands, and reviewed its jacketed contents and then told me I was evil for reading it.

She would not drop the subject, repeatedly telling me I was evil for reading such a non-fiction work. I tried to explain to her the context of the book, but she spoke over top of my words and became visibly flustered. She continued prepping her area and just before starting my tests turned to me and said "Ok, well then we're going to get real evil on you today."
At this point I became extremely nervous and slightly scared as this nurse who is about to poke me about 80 times with a razor blade.
I told her plainly that if she was that disturbed by my choice of reading material, that we should not go through with the test at this time. Not to mention that I'm paying for this! She responded that I was over reacting and told me to sit down.
She then began the test and continued to pointedly question me about my lifestyle, berating my responses as different and not aligned with her worldview.
Fortunately she was skilled with the razor and did that portion well.
Otherwise, the most unprofessional doctors visit I've ever been too, not only in Canada, but on any continent.
I left that office feeling belittled, scared and without any tangible results that helped me understand my health situation.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2709965].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 5, 2015

I've been to Dr. Kennedy's office twice now (once for allergy/pulmonary testing & a follow up), I find him to be quiet & not as warm/friendly as other doctors I've seen however he is knowledgeable and thorough, if he sees something that causes concern he'll definitely do something about it & my family doctor was taught in med school by him. I do wish he was more descriptive in his diagnoses and guidelines, but he is an older doctor so that's understandable. The staff here is fantastic and very friendly, the allergy testing is also a cinch, would recommend for that. Expect a bit longer of wait times, but the results are worth it in the end.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2605330].votes_count ]]