You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Richard J. Kennedy

I had seen Dr. Kennedy twice, most recently in 2004. The staff was rude and I had to wait for over an hour to be seen, and then when I was seen, it was a room full of people, lacking any privacy. After my testing, it took another hour to see him. He diagnosed me with MANY ALLERGIES, but was extremely rude and insincere. When he told me I was allergic to peanuts, I was shocked and asked for more information but instead he said that I will die if I eat nuts and to avoid them entirely. This was a life changing diagnosis and he just didn't care. He was literally kicking me out of his office as I was trying to have questions answered. I left the office crying, holding only a faded photocopy of an information sheet about nut allergies. So fast forward 11 years... I moved to BC and had another allergist do the same testing on my arms. It came out negative, so this new allergist sent me for blood tests...negative AGAIN! So for the past 11 years, I've been living in FEAR OF DYING based on what Kennedy told me and I didn't have any reason to be this scared. I am surprised this old guy is even still practicing!!!! No, I will never recommend this doctor. He gave me FALSE life changing news and based on how he chooses to run his practice, how to mistreat his patients and to MISDIAGNOSE patients, this guy should have his license pulled. I lived in fear of so many foods for 11 years. If you've seen this doctor, go get a second opinion.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2015

Hi. I add one more bad review to this doctor . I waited one hour in the waiting room and I stayed two more hours in the nurse room for the allergy test. The Dr. discussed with me less that 5 min. I did a lot of allergy tests in last 7 years. This was the worst experience.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2015

I highly DONT recommend Dr. Kennedy! His diagnosis of my daughters peanut allergy was HORRIBLE! First of all my kids were asked to remove all their clothes! Big red flag then I told them no way keep them on as its just a allergy test they do it on your arms... He had the nurse do it on their backs and it totally freaked my oldest out to where I had to hold her down. I guess when it's done on the arms for this very reason as on the back is too sensitive and can cause FALSE positives! I highly recommend anyone who had their allergy testing done by his staff to get re tested! I had to wait the one year to re test due to abh but I'm glad I re tested my kids as it shows currently that my daughter ISNT allergic to peanuts! We're having the blood test to be 100% sure that her allergy test by him was false! I was handed a paper too about peanuts, no info what so ever and NO EPI PEN or Blood test was given by Dr Kennedy! My Dr was horrified that he did this to use! I went and saw a different allergist today and I was so mad when I say no peanut reaction. They even put peanut butter on her skin to make sure! Highly highly don't recommend Dr Kennedy! He's not even a real allergist!!

flag | Submitted November 7, 2015

flag | Submitted October 28, 2015

My appointment was for 2pm. At 3:45 I was finally able to see the doctor. Got out of there at about 4:20. I think that's why they tell you it'll be a 2 hour appointment! It would be nice to know if they're running that far behind. I had to leave work early for no reason! What a colossal waste of my time. No apologies, no offer to pay for my extra parking time, nothing. I would have appreciated a heads up during my booking call that I had to pay for parking. Dr Kennedy is very curt. Seems professional but does not elaborate on anything. I have concerns about a sulfite allergy and just before the prick test he comes in and says 'there's no conclusive testing for sulfites' and walks away. Less than helpful! After the prick test he examined my arms, told me to wash them off and go see him in his office. I went there and he said that I didn't have any reactions so he's sending me for blood work to be sure. I appreciate that he wants to be thorough but I'm not sure what happens next. Do I get a call from his office, my doctor, anyone!? The receptionist didn't seem overly professional. She was very short with everyone and a bit rude on the phone. The nurse doing the prick test was wonderful. She explained what she was going to do, showed me everything and asked if I had any questions. Overall, I would not recommend this clinic if you value your time at all.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2015

Dr Kennedy was the worst medical professional I've ever seen. The skin prick tests were done in a room full of people, not a private setting and he didn't explain what exactly they were going to test for, and why, before the tests began. After the test, he glanced at my daughter's arm for all of 2 seconds (still in the room full Of people) before making his diagnosis. At this point we finally were taken to his office where he said "your daughter has a peanut allergy", shoved a photocopied piece of paper across his desk with some extremely basic info on it and said "you'll need to read this", and then pushed a receipt across his desk and saying "take this to the receptionist" that was it!!! Of course, I had a million questions - he answered them with as little information as possible. I've now asked my GP for a referral to a new allergist. He is probably 100 years old, obviously tired of his job, but his attitude is unacceptable when he is advising on life-threatening conditions. The worst.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2015

I have been experiencing hives on my forearms and face for over a year. In June 2014 I went to see a GP who prescribed contact dermititis and issued a topical ointment which did not work. In April 2015 I saw another GP who referred me to Dr Kennedy, I was able to get in on a cancellation. I found his receptionist assertive, curt yet professional. Julia, the nurse who administered the test was friendly but not helpful. Meaning I would ask her questions about welts and itching I was feeling but she told me to wait for the doctor as he would know more about why I was having reactions, such as what I ate prior to the test or what meds I was on, which the doctor never asked. I found my assessment from Dr Kennedy extremely disappointing in that I was handed three re-photocopied articles on dust mites, birch allergies (which I reacted to) and molds, so blurry they are almost unreadable. I honestly expected to be provided with more information but he handed me a receipt for $70 and sent me to the receptionist. I want another test, I want a list of foods to avoid, I want to know what to do, do I need something topical? Are foods that are cross-reactions to the things I am sensitive to but not listed available to be tested (for example I reacted to Birch so I have read that I should avoid apples, I have been reacting to mangoes and pineapples that were not on the list, and I would like to be tested but I called the office and Dr Kennedy is on vacation for one month and his office will be closed. What!?!?

flag | Submitted May 26, 2015

i found our experience at dr kennedys office quite pleasant. upon arrival the front desk staff was smiles and very approachable, even while waiting for our appt she was helpful to the other 3 people we saw leave.we were pre warned on the phone about the length of the appt and what that included, so there was only some surprise when we were actually done an hour early. this was impart due to the fact that my son threw a tantrum about the pulmonary exam -after his previous meltdown with the allergy test itself and still the staff was patiant and calm with trying diff ways to help him understand the process of the test and make it fun. after reading the review posted on here i was really startingto question why my dr of 15 years would send us to such a place, i was in turn very releived to come to the conclusion that although there isnt very many reviews on here and the majority are extrememly poor, its obvious that those that had a bad experience are going to want to be heard. it brings new light to the phrase you can have a thousand happy customers and not hear a word, but one discruntled person can sing louder then all of them.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2015

Dr.Kennedy helped me to discover my food allergies..corn, milk, and eggs...after I asked for a food allergy test. He was quick but helpful.It was a long wait but worth the wait. I asked for a regerral for a dietitian..but they do not offer this service. I am still in needof a dietitian for my food allergies.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2015

would never go back. Told appointment was two hours long, only because the first hour is spent in the waiting room. The rest of the time is rushed and handled by very unprofessional people. Dr. Kennedy should retire now. Rude, abrupt, and not helpful. Told no allergies when I know I do. Staff don't listen to patience either. Going back to family doc to tell him of the experience and hope he doesn't send anyone there.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2015

Dr. Richard J. Kennedy's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "I had seen Dr. Kennedy twice, most recently in 2004. The staff was rude and I had to wait for over an hour to be seen, and then when I was seen, it was a room f..."

December 15, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Hi. I add one more bad review to this doctor . I waited one hour in the waiting room and I stayed two more hours in the nurse room for the allergy test. The Dr...."

November 11, 2015
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "I highly DONT recommend Dr. Kennedy! His diagnosis of my daughters peanut allergy was HORRIBLE! First of all my kids were asked to remove all their clothes! Big..."

November 7, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Kennedy is abrupt, rude, and not thorough. The answer ‘ you’re the mom you decide’ is not exactly helpful considering I was there to seek guidance."

October 28, 2015
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "My appointment was for 2pm. At 3:45 I was finally able to see the doctor. Got out of there at about 4:20. I think that's why they tell you it'll be a 2 hour app..."

August 12, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Dr Kennedy was the worst medical professional I've ever seen. The skin prick tests were done in a room full of people, not a private setting and he didn't expl..."

June 17, 2015
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "I have been experiencing hives on my forearms and face for over a year. In June 2014 I went to see a GP who prescribed contact dermititis and issued a topical o..."

May 26, 2015
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "i found our experience at dr kennedys office quite pleasant. upon arrival the front desk staff was smiles and very approachable, even while waiting for our appt..."

May 15, 2015
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "Dr.Kennedy helped me to discover my food allergies..corn, milk, and eggs...after I asked for a food allergy test. He was quick but helpful.It was a long wait bu..."

May 14, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "would never go back. Told appointment was two hours long, only because the first hour is spent in the waiting room. The rest of the time is rushed and handled..."

May 12, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "My appointment at Dr. Kennedy's office was the most unpleasant medical appointment I've ever had. He has no bedside manners and his nursing staff is horrible. I..."

March 31, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "We brought our young son to this doctor. He diagnosed him with allergies and was not able to articulate what our son is allergic to. He did not test for requ..."

February 12, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "My visit to Dr. Kennedy's office last month was the most humiliating and demeaning doctors office visit I've ever experienced. To be clear, Dr. Kennedy himsel..."

February 4, 2015
  • A new 3.8-star rating has been posted. "I've been to Dr. Kennedy's office twice now (once for allergy/pulmonary testing & a follow up), I find him to be quiet & not as warm/friendly as other doctors I..."

November 3, 2014
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Terrible experience with Dr. Kennedy. Staff is unprofessional and he doesn't seem to care about his patients. That's a scary thought when your dealing with seve..."

September 22, 2014