Ratings for Dr. Richard J. Kennedy

terrible doctor. He's a fraud! We were told he's an allergist, but he's NOT!!! Go to the college pf physicians alberta website and look him up. He's NOT AN ALLERGIST, but a respirology doctor! BEWARE !!!!

flag | Submitted August 25, 2017

Finding a new allergy doctor for our son... Waited for well over an hour after appt. time. Son was tested and we were told that he has numerous allergies but no real explanation. When we asked questions we were responded to rudely and made to feel stupid. Condescending and abrupt. Won't go back.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2017

Please, please, please do your research before seeing this doctor!! He is not a certified allergist/ immunologist! He is a GP with additional study in respirology. He sent my family on the most painful goose chase for the past 2 years. He "diagnosed" my young daughter with food allergies all over the charts, specially animal protein and peanuts. My family adjusted our diet to vegan which was a huge change and stress for us. We had to inform the school, if she was invited to a birthday party I'd have to bring her food and bake separate vegan cupcakes. So much work...: and there was NO improvement!!! I was terrified so I went back to my GP desperation and was re-refered. I met with an actual allergist and it turns out she has NO food allergies but rather and immune problems. Dr Kennedy is in need of retirement and as far as I am concerned incompetent. To top it off he is not friendly or kind, please don't go through what my family went through!!! He legit needs a zero on in all categories!!!

flag | Submitted June 6, 2017

I took my daughter to see Dr. Kennedy and, upon entering the waiting room, was confronted with a sign that read "Alberta Health will no longer pay for a second consultation if it is done in less than 366 days since the first consultation. The NOTLEY GOVERNMENT wants to cut money designated for patients by restricting Health Care services. They they will pour this money down the drain for their "fairy" ideological projects." This type of political commentary has no place in the waiting room of a specialist. Further, when conducting the intake questionnaire, Dr. Kennedy asked me if my daughter stays home with me (she does not). I am a professional and was dressed in business clothes while my husband (who was with us) was in a track suit. Dr. Kennedy was late, rude, and ultimately failed to provide the very information we came in for regarding my daughter's allergies. Moreover, his reliance on 1950s gender norms was not appreciated.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2017

Front desk staff so rude and impatient. They don't know how to talk to the patients. Very disappointed with the kind of service they are providing.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2017

As many other people before me, I had an awful experience with this doctor in August 2016. My grandson (5 years old) was the one to be tested for allergies and even though the appointment was for two hours, he showed up late and the test took only one hour. Needless to say no apology for being late or discount was offered. He is rude, abrupt, superficial and outdated. A visit to his office is a waste of time and money (both personal public health money) and a good source of frustration. Being an Emeritus Member of Alberta Medical Association since 1998, I think is the time for him to stop practicing this profession. If you need to see an allergist, ask your doctor for a different one.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2016

I wish it was possible to give this doctor less than 1 star. No bedside manner, completely rude, did not show any compassion. I found it unnecessary to need to change into a hospital gown (for top half) for him to check my lungs (?) and was very uncomfortable while he was checking my breathing, as I'm not sure why I couldn't still have a bra on for that....just saying. He never once looked at the forms I had spent 20 minutes filling out when I got there, but did ask me all the same questions that were on the form that I had filled out in detail. Some of the things I said I suspected that I was allergic to, he did not check off on the list of things I should be tested for (and they were available to be tested for). To top it off, the allergy test was 'inconclusive', but there was no offer to redo the test or decrease my bill. I would only recommend going to this doctor if you would like to add some frustration to your life, waste an entire afternoon and throw away +$70. I hope I encounter a better allergist in the future, because this one sure doesn't make them very appealing.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2016

I went in for an allergy testing a couple days ago with Dr. Kennedy.. He honestly had no bed side manner at all and I found his attitude very rude. After asking me all these questions about my History etc. He's like "Okay I need you to undress.. There's a vest to put over top of you." In my mind I'm like okay this is an allergist-- why do I need to undress? He could of easily listened to my lungs and heart sounds without needing me to undress.. I just found that part kinda weird.. The Staff seemed nice enough, the Receptionist was good and so was the Nurse. Like many comments said below the waiting room was so not private-- there were tons of people in there waiting to get shots done or getting testing done like myself which didn't really bother me to much.. When he came over to me he looked at my arms he looked for like 5 seconds maybe on each arm and then he told me to go wash them off and come into his Office. He later told me I was allergic to like 3 or 4 different Seasonal things (which didn't surprise me) he then hands me over this sheet that sort of explained the different things I was allergic to and he literally gave me no further information, only gave me a receipt of how much my appointment cost. The only thing he said was keep taking your allergy medication your GP prescribed you and we can put you on the sign up list for Allergy Shots for next year (which I was happy about). I thought all in all the visit was alright though.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2016

My first Appointment with Dr. Kennedy, was on Feb. 22, 2010. He started treating me for my allergies to dust in the spring of 2010 and I’m still symptom-free. For several years previously I’d awake each morning with itchy, red, teary and sticky eyes, not to mention sniffles, sneezing and a runny nose lasting about two hours; the summer was the worst time. I had been using eye drops and over-the-counter allergy medication to help manage the symptoms but was not happy with the results nor the side effects of the medication. I’m very grateful to Dr. Kennedy for diagnosing my allergy affliction accurately and providing an effective treatment solution. Whenever I’ve had appointments to see Dr. Kennedy I have always been amazed at how full his waiting room and office are with patients needing his help. He is a very compassionate, caring, and professional individual, who loves what he does and gives his patients the best care available. Thank you Dr. Kennedy.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2016

After reading some negative reviews, I was reluctant on seeing Dr . Kennedy. However, I was wrong. Yes, they run late. I have never been to a specialist that does not run late. Though the staff are not very personable, they are skilled within the discipline that they practice. As for Dr. Kennedy, thorough, compassionate, understanding and most of a very good listener when asking you questions regarding your condition. I'd rather have a thorough practitioner then one who wants to be your best friend. Dr. Kennedy is a "vintage quality" specialist who is exceptional in his field of study and most of all is not - will not ask you to get "pay per visit" treatments unless you absolutely need them. Too bad Dr's like this are slowly retiring and the new generation of "cash grab" Dr's are replacing them. There is nothing wrong with Dr. Kennedy nor his ability to practice medicine.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2016