Ratings for Dr. Curtis Joung

Can anyone whom is a patient of Dr Joung want to discuss what is going on? I've been a patient since 2008 and was called on the 4th telling me they had to reschedule my appointment on the 7th to the 19th!! And they said Dr Joung has left the practice WTF! They also wouldn't tell me where he went, or who I would be seeing at my way later than normal 30 day appointment. Talk about total shock and confusion. It's so difficult to find a compassionate Dr who is willing to help you and not judge your pain. I follow all the rules and have built this relationship of trust and have fought with my insurance to get my referral this last year (I used to have to pay a discount cash rate). Please if anyone has any info and want to share if we get any answers, or just vent. Please contact me. Lets exchange social media or something.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2016

SB💙 is there any way I could CONTACT you??? I'm in shock, I feel like you... And I'm told nothing, all I know is they are going through all his files, Dr.Young was not a Doctor Feel Good... PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO CONTACT YOU, I LOVED HIM, I WAS WITH HIM OVER A GREAT MANY OF YEARS, and I don't trust everyone in the office. They like to tow the party line.... Deep throat♿

flag | Submitted April 10, 2016

I was notified today of Dr. Joung leaving the practice. I was totally shell shocked. Although he had some getting to know you issues with me. I did understand because of some people abusing pills.. He was Always Kind and fair and dedicated to helping and without pressuring you to do surgery. If you are reading this Dr. Joung, I do wish you well. Take some time now and smell the roses. Best of luck... SB. ❤️

flag | Submitted April 1, 2016

flag | Submitted March 15, 2016

I don't know where all the bad comments are coming from. This is the best Dr. I have ever seen. The office is very clean, the staff are very kind. One of the best things is the waiting time. I have never waited for more than 10-15 minutes to be called into see the Dr. He is always very kind and cares about my pain management. he provides suggestions to manage the pain as low as possible. A s far as prescribing pain meds. Yes he is strict with it but has the right to do that. Once he has proof there are legitimate needs through MRI, XRAY, TESTS .. He will prescribe pan meds. There is nothing wrong with that. A s a matter of fact, that is how all pain management Dr.'s should be. I rate this office and Doctor as "excellent". I see him each month and I am very satisfied .

flag | Submitted March 3, 2016

I was referred to this "Dr" by my primary due to multiple back issues and pain management, he is the only pain management in my network, he refused to give me pain medication only wanted to give me Motrin which I cannot take due to gastric bypass surgery, or I could have expensive epidural done or back surgery or go back to my primary for pain medication. Really?! What a joke

flag | Submitted November 20, 2015

Very unethical!!!Be prepared to pay $50.00 per page for any paperwork to be filled out including California state Disability papers. Then after you pay you must wait until he has time to fill them out, sometimes over 2weeks.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2015

After waiting an obnoxious amount of time for finally get a pain management referral, I finally saw Dr. Joung. He is very kind but I think he's completely missing the complexity of what is causing my pain...I guess I need to be my own doctor and suggest that his inappropriate "bandaid" treatment is completely missing the mark in addressing my issues. His staff has the personality of a soap dish. When you come in they keep staring at the computer and finally...."do you need something?" I felt like I was completely putting them out and they left me not knowing what to do after the appointment...wait for paperwork? reschedule? Eat a burger????

flag | Submitted July 23, 2015

I have been seeing Dr. Joung for about 4 years. It took some time for him to get a complete assessment of my needs and overall health. Prior to complete assessment, he did show caution when identifying my medication needs. Now, he knows all if my needs, spends plenty of time getting pain updates, and sees that I don't try to take advantage if his access to a prescription pad. His demeanor has always been wonderful and I consider him top notch! He is very personable and caring. Staff is great, too.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2014

I thought I found h help with Dr. Joung. He does have a great bedside manner however he seems to be very paranoid about giving any of his patients any drugs. I have been in pain for many years and he wanted me to originally go for drug testing. It seems that trying to get any type of medication from him is like pulling teeth from a tiger, as he's very tight and very scared that the DEA is going to come in RAID his practice or something. I am not a person that even likes to take drugs however this pain has been immense for so long that it's almost debilitating to my body and mind anymore. Although he does seem to have a very caring and kind demeanor and bedside manner his paranoia seems to overwhelm him when he comes to dispensing the drugs. He should be able to tell his patients that are abusing opposed to those that are not abusing these drugs. I also wish he would spend a little bit more time with you and not feel like, okay what is wrong, you're done, you're out of here, goodbye.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2014

Dr. Curtis Joung's Credentials

• University of California, Irvine

Updates

• A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "Can anyone whom is a patient of Dr Joung want to discuss what is going on? I've been a patient since 2008 and was called on the 4th telling me they had to resch..."

April 16, 2016
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "SB💙 is there any way I could CONTACT you??? I'm in shock, I feel like you... And I'm told nothing, all I know is they are going through all his files, Dr.Young..."

April 10, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I was notified today of Dr. Joung leaving the practice. I was totally shell shocked. Although he had some getting to know you issues with me. I did understand b..."

April 1, 2016
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "Insensitive, judgemental, unfeeling, arrogant,and very uncaring. It's sad that he is part of our medical community. "

March 15, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I don't know where all the bad comments are coming from. This is the best Dr. I have ever seen. The office is very clean, the staff are very kind. One of the be..."

March 3, 2016
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "I was referred to this "Dr" by my primary due to multiple back issues and pain management, he is the only pain management in my network, he refused to give me p..."

November 20, 2015
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "Very unethical!!!Be prepared to pay $50.00 per page for any paperwork to be filled out including California state Disability papers. Then after you pay you must..."

August 21, 2015
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "After waiting an obnoxious amount of time for finally get a pain management referral, I finally saw Dr. Joung. He is very kind but I think he's completely miss..."

July 23, 2015
  • Website has been updated from "http://synovationmedicalgroup.com/doctors-specialists/curtis-joung" to "http://synovationmedicalgroup.com/locations/azusa-pain-management". Address has been updated from "None" to "830 South Citrus Avenue". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "16269741441".

June 3, 2015
  • City changed from "Covina" to "Azusa"

November 16, 2013
  • Specialty changed from "Anesthesiologist" to "Pain Mgmt / Physical Rehab"

November 16, 2013