Ratings for Dr. Foster I. Phillips

This doctor can be very arrogant and if you don’t agree with everything he thinks, he disregards your opinions and talks right over you. After a good relationship with him for a few years, a situation came up regarding one of my children, and because we didn’t see eye-to-eye, he got very upset and started lecturing me for a good while. I was unable to get a word in edgewise and the appointment got very uncomfortable. In a situation in which we could have simply “agreed to disagree,” he acted very unprofessionally and rudely to me in front of my children. My advice is to avoid this doctor as he doesn’t seem to want to work as a team with parents. He only seems to want his opinion to be heard and followed without question.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2015

The office staff will be helpful as long as you are not on the "Husky" program. For a time, we had to go on this inurance and what a difference when you were a "paying customer"! Office staff became pleasant. There is usually no waiting for appts, as the office staff would like the toys to be looked at and not touched. There is an office dowstairs, and if your children are making too much noise in the examining room, they will let you know. Dr. Phillips is professional and informative in the office, but seems uncomfortable with the hospital visit after delivery (with mom). I had difficulty with the "I'm the boss" advise for parents who seek advise concerning behavior issues. The best advise is to trust yourself as a parent. I have never rated anything before, but as a parent, I felt that I needed to share my experiences with this office. My children saw Dr. Phillips for appr 10 years before I switched to another doctor. In my opinion, he was just too rigid and inflexible.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2009

Dr Phillips is a wonderful doctor who takes the time to listen to you and your child. Both of my kids love him. I wish I could find a doctor like him for myself. He is very kind and personable. I can not say enough good things about him.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2008

Dr. Foster I. Phillips's Credentials

• Univ Of Vt Coll Of Med, Burlington Vt 05405 (Grad. 1982)