Ratings for Dr. Joseph F. Gibbons

Dr. Gibbons is terrific. He listens, takes concerns seriously and does follow-ups when necessary. On more than one occassion he has called us with test results at night and on weekends. Both my husband and I see Dr. Gibbons and as our children transition into adulthood we will send them to this practice.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2012

Spent a great deal of time listening to my concerns about my illness. Really listened and got good medical history of previous similar illnesses. Told me what to expect and what I should do if my recovery wasn't what was expected.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2011

no follow up with patient having multiple medical problems. Hung up on patient. Accused patient of being in the office too much.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2010

Although I am not crazy about some of their office policies - like you must be seen once a year for referrals, I do like Dr. Gibbons for a PCP. I'm just not sick very often and do use specialists more than his care. He is fair and listens to my concerns and his staff is lightening fast with referrals. His office does electronic files now and its great when my lab results are faxed to him by my other docs and he doesn't feel like he needs to send me for more blood work. His staff is very efficient. Dr. Gibbons has a great sense of humor and I've been a patient of his on and off (insurance issues) for about 10 yrs now.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2009

I have been seeing Dr. Gibbons for 15 years, and my parents have been seeing him for 25 years. I've heard so many people discuss how it can be so hard to find a good doctor, and I've always felt lucky to have him. He has proven to have expansive knowledge across the various fields of medicine, and he has always effectively diagnosed and treated our ailments. Just as impressive has been the very personal service he has always provided. I was taken to the emergency room a few years ago and admitted to the hospital, and I can't even begin to express how impressed I was when he came and visited me on his way home from his office. Unfortunately, he has stoppped taking United Healthcare, and I need to find a new doctor. Hopefully I can find one that can even partially fill his shoes.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2009

Very personable, but over 7 years, no one in my family has actually benefited by seeing this physician. We just don't go anymore because treaments and medications have never been beneficial.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2007

Dr. Joseph F. Gibbons's Credentials

• Wv Univ Sch Of Med, Morgantown Wv 26506 (Grad. 1986)

Commercial Insurance Company