Ratings for Dr. Brent R. Weilert

I have had several spinal injections from Dr. Weilert. The first one was very helpful for almost 7 months. The following ones were not so I have stopped getting them. I have one issue with him and his nurse/staff. When you are having your injection they conduct "small talk" about themselves and their families. I think they may be doing that to distract the patient so he/she will not get nervous about the procedure. But, it seems rather unprofessional to me. Maybe they could think of some other way to distract us.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2015

Dr.weilert caused more pain than I had when I came to him for l4 l5 lumbar leg pain. 2 epidural injection and I now have more trouble walking without aid.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2014

In mid June, I experienced a sciatic pain for the first time. It was far worse than I’d ever Imagined and knew I had to see a doctor. My wonderful family doctor gave me a cortisone injection which did take the edge off. But within a week I knew I’d need something more. Still unable to get into or out of bed and had now been sleeping in a recliner for a month. I was referred to Dr. Weilert and made an appointment. THEN I came here and was terrified by the remarks left by some of the comments. I almost cancelled my appointment but so glad I didn’t because my experience was nothing like described here. Dr. Weilert answered all my questions, explained some of the procedures and gave ME the options. We have come up with a plan of Physical Therapy along with non-narcotic pain killers. I could not have asked for more consideration by anyone.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2011

Dr. Weilert has been my Dr. for two years - since we moved to Arkansas. He has always taken the time necessary to listen to my issues and explored and researched avenues to treat my pain. He uses the latest technology available to treat my pain as well as standard methods. His staff, especially Nancy, is friendly, professional, courteous and considerate. I would recommend Dr. Weilert to anyone seeking help for their chronic pain. He's an exceptional physician.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2011

I got a spinal injection and never had so much pain in my life. The meds they used to deaden the injection site did not work. I told him I could feel every inch of the needle and he just ignored me. He needs to learn to listen and not be arrogant. During the procedure, the nurses and doctors were teasing around with each other. No wonder he was not listening to me.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2010

Very unprofesional. I went in with a dx of ankylosing spondylitis which he though I did not have and with having trouble with prior medication treatment for the pain he insisted that I was an addict and refered to me as such. I have not been on pain meds for over a year! I told him I can not take benzos and he gave me a muscle relaxer that put me into the hospital due to a benzo reaction. His staff did not do thier billing right and now I have to owe on time spent in his office being insulted. His nurses talked openly about other Dr. and thier weekends and romantic/ ****en encounters while taking time from my appointment and while getting a spinal injection. I would NOT recomend him to anyone. Very unprofessional, and his knowledge of my dx was near nothing. For someone treating pts with chronic pain he is very uncaring, and unaccepting of how much pain you are in.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2010

Dr was very unprofessional. His follow up was non existent. He takes offense to being challenged. I think he probably know what he is doing, he needs to develop people skills.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2010

MY EXPERIENCE WITH DR. WEILERT WAS EXTEMELY POSITIVE! HE HAD MY RECORDS,REVIEWED THEM WITH ME AND SUGGESTED A TREATMENT OPTION. HE INJECTED MY BACK. THE PAIN RELIEF THAT I'VE GOTTEN HAS BEEN INCREDIBLE!!!! I AM VERY APPRECIATIVE OF HIS SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE!!!!!

flag | Submitted August 26, 2009

The "doctor" displayed an abusive demeanor, unprofessional behavior and was thoroughly unprepared for my visit. This was despite several communications and record transmitals to his asssistant by my family doctor concerning the specific purpose for my appointment. This person is quite young and fresh out of school and it is very evident he has yet to develop his people skills. I wrote him and his management a letter expressing my dismay for his poor treatment of me and in the two months since have received no apology; only a bill. Keep in mind they chose to bill me for the visit even though it lasted for a sum total of three minutes. That was all I could tolerated of his beligerance before I left his office in disgust. I strongly recommend against anyone seeing this gentleman for any reason until he does some maturing. (He might make a fine veterinarian, though.)

flag | Submitted November 2, 2007

Dr. Brent R. Weilert's Credentials

• University Of Kansas School Of Medicine (Grad. 2002)

• BCBS Illinois