Ratings for Dr. Noor M. Merchant

Dr. Merchant answered all my questions and provided me with additional information.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2012

Didn't get a chance to meet the Doctor. He was recommended by my gastro Doctor due to colonoscopy results of cancer.... I called to make an appointment and gave my personal information and was asked what insurance I had. No insurance.... OH, since I am non-insured patient, the office would not make an appointment until someone called me back to discuss it. When I didn't hear in a timely manner I called to ask if they were working on it, they didn't remember. Was then told they see non-insured patients once a year. Makes no sense. Nevertheless I found someone that will accept me, my payment and treat my cancer.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2012

Dr Merchant is a genuinely caring person. He treats his patients with kindness and respect. He makes you feel at ease. He shows that you matter and he cares.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2011

I am very impressed by this doctor and his staff. My father in law was recently diagnosed with cancer and this doctor and his staff have been very compasionate, knowledgeable and professional. They are very prompt for office visits. When i call the office the doctor calls me back and knows exactly what is going on with my father in law. I know this has to be from memory because I have called after hours and he knows about my father in law's history. I think Dr.Merchant is a wonderful physician and person.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2011

Dr. Merchant’s unwillingness to level with us meant that by the time we knew for sure that our father was dying, he was on serious morphine and unable to process the information. The goodbyes he may have wanted to say if he’d known he was dying never got said.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2009

I feel that I receive the best possible care from Dr. Merchant and his staff. My questions are always answered, my appointments and treatments are on time and Dr. Merchant has always responded to my calls within 30 minutes regardless of the day or the hour. The treatment protocol is always explained to my satisfaction and when I am meeting with him during my appointments I feel as though I have 100% of his attention. I trust him completely with my care and believe that his desire is for me to remain cancer free and live a long, happy and healthy life.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2009

Dr. Merchant has been my oncologist since 1999 when I underwent chemo and radiation. Without exception, he has been very responsive throughout. If I telephone him with a question, he got back to me within one half hour. True, he is very busy--but it is because he is so good. He has look for and has tried other MDs in his practice but none are up to his high level of care standards. He remembers each and every medication I am on and remembers each minute detail. When I was the Survivor Chair for the ACS Relay for Life, HIS was the first donation I received! Dr. Merchant spends as much time with me as I need and has always been there for me. Had he not been so competent, I may not have still been around 10 years later! Anyone in this area will tell you that Dr. Merchant is not only a fine MD, but a FINE person as well. He is a very spiritual family oriented man who I know takes his order from up above. Thank you.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2009

Straight forward, smart, thorough and respectful of my time. I really impressed when I called his office @ the end of the day and Dr. Merchant called me back with answers to my questions with out me having to go through all again. I was not just another chart.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2008

Dr. Noor M. Merchant's Credentials

• Dow Med Coll, Univ Of Karachi, Karachi, Pakistan (Grad. 1977)

GHI