Ratings for Dr. Lynn K. Sheets

My 8 month old daughter was removed from my care by CPS based on the opinion of Dr. Sheets that my daughter was abused. We brought her to the emergency room because her 2 older brothers had accidentally fallen on her and she had a hairline fracture on her femur. I have 3 other kids- no history of abuse, no other injuries in any of the kids, no criminal background, nothing to suggest there was abuse. Dr. Sheets examined my daughter for 5 minutes and looked at the x-rays and INSISTED that she was being abused. CPS even apologized because they didn't think we had done anything to harm her, but they had to follow Dr. Sheets recommendations. She basically ripped our family apart, took a little girl away from her mother, when she was injured and needed her the most. It was heartbreaking. She is the most incompetent doctor I have ever met and seems to be power-hungry. Something should be done about her so other families do not have to go through this process needlessly.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2013

well unfortuanately my daughter was another victim of Dr. Sheets . My daughter was taken from my home and out of my custody for 3 months after she fell off of a piece of furniture and broke her arm. Dr. Sheets cried child abuse after a 5 min physical exam of my child. my huspend and i have no criminal record , there was no sign of child abuse , and my daughter is extremely happy and healthy. because some people hold her opinion in high regard , we got lost in the system and even our lawyers and the judgecouldntbelieve how ridiculous the case was. Dr. Sheets took several weeks to get court ordered documents, held up our court dates, wouldnt except our calls , gave false reports of our interview and was completely unprofessional. she even told me that my slightly pudgy 5 month old was fat. she is a discrace to the medical profession and we will NEVER use childrens hospital for our childs medical needs again.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2012

A year ago (see Aug 2010) my nephew's daughter was taken from our family because Doctor Sheets cried child abuse after looking at an ex-ray. Guess what Dr., after seeking out REAL experts, we found an out-of-state pediatrician interested in our case, who in turn contacted three experts in the US; Pennsylvania, Chicago, and California. All doctors determined through original ex-rays that the baby never had a fracture, but a vitamin D defincency. Because she has been in foster care for a year, she was not then treated for her REAL issue. Dr. Sheets took a member of my family away from us, her diagnosis was severly wrong, causing anquish and heartbreak for a year to my family. When contacted by our lawers, Dr. Sheets did not have time to look at the new doctor reports, she would get to them when she could. Thank goodness the judge would not give her that time and the baby was returned. Now, we need to pray that she is going to be OK having not been treated for her definciency for a year.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2011

I rated Dr. Sheets in Oct. 2010. Update: My nephew's baby is still in foster care, it has been a year now. There has been no charges and arrests made on any family member, for any sort of abuse; but since she ended up in the system, it seems she will not be coming home for a very long time, maybe never. My family has spent thousands of dollars for court costs and attorneys Because of Dr. Sheets, my nephew and his family are "guilty until proven innocent". Dr. Sheets is does NOT belong. She has no heart or conceren for anyone except for her self and her position. She does not care what happens to innocent families after their babies are torn from them, she just does not care.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2011

I brought my baby in because she had a bruise on her body and dr. sheets had to see her. At first I was scared but dr. sheets explained that she wanted to help my baby and that she was just there because she is required to investigate all potentially suspicious injuries. She was really nice to me and good to my baby and had some helpful tips to prevent her from getting injured that way in the future. It was obvious that she really cares about her patients and doing what is best for kids!

flag | Submitted October 3, 2010

My nephew and his wife took their 5 week old baby girl to Wheaton Hospital in Racine for a swollen leg. X-rays were taken and sent to Dr. Sheets at Children's Hospital in Milwaukee. Dr. Sheets immediatly reported child abuse. She never examined or personally seen the baby. Therefore she did not see that the baby had no signs of physical abuse, i.e brusies, red marks, old injuries, etc. that the baby was healthy, happy and without any signs of trauma. With one set of x-rays, she without any compassion for anyone, including the baby had her taken from her parents arms. It has been over 3 months now, and their baby is still in foster care because of Dr. Sheets. I was shocked to read other reviews on this website from parents who are experiencing the hell that Dr. Sheets is responsible for. Dr. Sheets is the real monster here, the monster that she is accusing my nephew and other parents to be.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2010

She is very professional, kind and objective. I would recommend her to everyone!

flag | Submitted July 30, 2010

Lynn Sheets Misdiagnosed my daughter causing her to be ripped away from her family needlessly. She is rude and does not take the time to actually look at her patients. Her default diagnosis is almost always abuse. She does not actually care about what she does to the patients or the family.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2007

Dr. Lynn K. Sheets's Credentials

• University Of Kansas School Of Medicine (Grad. 1983)