Ratings for Dr. Stephen Cass

Dr. Cass has treated me since 2001. He literally saved my life. Can't thank him enough.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2015

This is an incredibly good ear specialist! I had been to 2 specialists in the Colorado Springs area for draining problems in both ears. After a lot of time wasted with other specialists, I was referred to Dr. Stephen P. Cass at the Univ. of Colorado Medical Center in Aurora. They were able to see me the NEXT DAY after calling (vs. waiting another month with other Springs doctors). I had to be double-booked but what's an extra hour vs. a month wait locally?! He listens well, incredibly knowledgeable, competent and very skillful! I wanted tubes put in vs permanent tubes. Years ago I've had this done 4 times (past 40 years). It USED to be a semi-painful process. The newest technique is a drop of numbing solution on the ear drum and then slice the drum, vacuum out the fluid and pop in the tube(s). Painless! This was amazing and this doctor is rated #1 in my book! I've got the experience from the past to tell the difference. Their scheduling staff, nurses and this doctor are absolute tops.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2014

Often runs behind if you don't have an early morning appointment, but that's because he stays with a patient as long as needed. I've never felt rushed or like he was trying to just move on to the next patient on his list. I have a medically challenging inner ear disorder that hasn't responded to the usual treatment options. Dr. Cass has a wealth of knowledge and experience that I didn't find in the three other doctors I've seen for this problem in the last two years. Great bedside manner. Competent in office visits and surgery. He presents options in a factual way, detailing pros and cons of each. He provides recommendations if you want them, but lets the patient decide how to proceed without pressuring them one way or the other.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2013

Great bedside manner. I never felt rushed or like he wanted to get me out of the room so he could get to another patient. He was very patient and forthright in answering all of my questions about an upcoming surgery. He seemed confident, competent, and approachable, not arrogant at all. This was my second visit with him, and I was impressed with his professionalism both times.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2012

Cass had his side kick to babysit me. Cass spent 5 min w/me. Didn't address my dizzy or migraine issues at all. Indicated I don't have an inner ear problem. only because I showed him an MRI scan done from a different Dr. I think he was just too busy for me.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2011

This doctor was extremely rude and condescending to me. I would never go back.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2011

Dr. Stephan Cass found the medical condition that had bothered me for more than 5 years. I had seen 5 doctors and had numerous test done, but now one knew what the problem was. Finaly, he found it!

flag | Submitted November 24, 2010

Was amazing, couldnt trust anyone else to perform the surgery he did...was funny etc..and he was upfront with me and I was in 5th grade..

flag | Submitted December 16, 2007

Dr. Stephen Cass's Credentials

• Wayne State University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1983)

AHC