Ratings for Dr. Maria C. Adolfo

I went to her office I have flu, cough and runny nose. I been sick for 3 days. She told me that I'm ok I don't need antibiotic and later on she prescribed me .

flag | Submitted December 2, 2016

A doctor is more than a walking textbook of accumulated medical knowledge. I believe this doctor should be in medical research where she doesn't actually make contact with real people. I chose her from a directory based on my experience with people of her nationality being warm, compassionate people. She is, unfortunately, exactly the opposite, I understand that anyone can have a bad day, but character never takes the day off, and she blatantly disregarded me or how I felt about her treatment of me. At the end, I asked her if we were done and walked straight out knowing that, after just one visit, I was changing doctors. I pity anyone depending on this woman for healing. My experience was over a year ago, but the memory is still fresh. There are a lot of doctors in Las Vegas. In my opinion, this one doesn't deserve to be one of them. She is clearly a troubled person, and she takes that out on her patients. Sad, very sad.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2014

I am baffled by my visit to Dr. Adolfo's office yesterday. I can't believe her complete disinterest in my appointment. I can accept waiting 30 minutes past my appointment time because it seems like most medical offices are running behind, however the rest of my experience was unacceptable. A nurse checked my weight, blood pressure, and pulse. When the doctor finally saw me, she came into the room and sat behind her table with her laptop for the ENTIRE appointment. I have never been to visit a primary care doctor that didn't listen to my heart and lungs, check my nose and throat, etc. I described my symptoms to her and she diagnosed me with a sinus infection. That seemed reasonable, but I still don't understand why she didn't look at my physical symptoms. She prescribed an anti-biotic and something to help me when I am feeling dizzy. I took the script to the pharmacy. I got a call later telling me that she forgot to include the dose on the anti-dizziness medication. I received a second call from the pharmacy telling me that my anti-biotic could have a very serious interaction with another medication I take on a regular basis. (I know she knew I was taking this medication because she asked if I was still using it.) The pharmacy attempted to contact the doctor several times today to recommend a different kind of anti-biotic, but she didn't return their call. On my way home this afternoon, I stopped at the doctor's office to find out what was going on with my script. The girl behind the desk told me the doctor would call them at the end of the day. I expressed my frustration with the doctor as well. When I returned home, the pharmacy called me to let me know that Dr. Adolfo had called them and CANCELLED the script for the anti-biotic! The doctor told the pharmacist to tell me to take Sudafed. During the appointment, the doctor had SPECIFICALLY told me NOT to take Sudafed because it can cause dizziness. I have never been treated like this! I will not be returning to her office, and I suggest that you find someone else to treat you medically.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2014

I am a previous patient with a traumatic experience. I noticed that Dr. Adolfo's staff was constantly changing, which was not very settling for me and her practices. Confidentiality is NOT a priority for the doctor. Discrimination and nationality are issues in her practice. She violated patient/doctor confidentiality, on 2 different issues. Does not uphold information. (HIPPA) When confronted with a patient issue that I had, she did not stand on the side of truth. Dr. Adolfo will attempt to diagnose a problem outside of her scope of practice. She ordered a test in error and didn't properly notify me and didn't refer me to a specialist. I wouldn't refer to anyone who is truly concerned about there health, because she created a lot of things for me to distrust about her and her ability to rightly judge health concerns.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2014

I am very disappointed with Dr. Adolfo. My husband went in due to having horrible pain in his leg and back. He has had a previous back surgery so ever few years he has some horrible pain. When he got to see Dr. Adolfo and explained what was going on she gave him a lecture about how she doesn't believe in taking pain medications and then proceeded to give him a prescription for pain meds. She didn't send him to get an X-ray or MRI. She told him if the pain continued that he needed to go to a pain management dr. She was no help at all. Neither I or my husband will return to her office. She was completely rude to him and acted like he was just there for drugs when in fact he was in serious pain.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2014

flag | Submitted May 23, 2010

I am very disappointed about the recent treatment of my father who was suffering from Gout. He is a recurring sufferer and instead of treating him immediately, despite the fact that he had ALL of the classic symptons, she suggested that the pain was caused by an injury that occurred in 1956! She sent him for an xray and referred him to a podiatrist. Due to the required paperwork, he would not have been able to get into see the podiatrist for 7 days. For anyone who has had Gout, you can imagine 7 sleepless nights! When I called to complain about the diagnosis and ask for assistance, the clinic staff was very helpful. My father was seen by an urgent care physician the following morning, he was diagnosed with Gout, treated with an injection and was feeling better within 24 hrs. Thank goodness we did not follow Dr. Adolfo's treatment.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2007

Dr. Maria C. Adolfo's Credentials

• Cebu Inst Of Med, Cebu City, Philippines (Grad. 1988)

Workers Comp