Ratings for Dr. Irene Kakossian

I went to this doctor after seeing the positive reviews on here. Personally, I was not impressed. The wait is about 2 hours long. I'm not sure why they bother with appointments. Also, you see the doctor for about 5 minutes total. Lastly, patients are bombarded with videos and literature about cosmetic procedures while in the waiting room. I don't feel any reputable medical institution should be hocking plastic surgery. While the Dr. herself is pleasant, the rest of the factors make it not worthwhile.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2009

Dr. Kakossian is an excellent doctor and has great bedside manner. The only drawback is that the wait is unbelievably long. I'm talking about at least 2 hours or longer every time that I've gone to her (and I've been going to her for about 5-6 years now).

flag | Submitted July 15, 2009

People, be aware.The staff is very rude, unprofessional, mean and careless.In particular, her medical assistant Raya is very rude. She would show you her full range of emotions.From not noticing you existence at all to very high annoyance.The staff is overloaded with the work they do and with endless hours they work for.I understand that,but I believe no one would like the annoyance and ruddness directed toward pregnant women and experincing stress after each visit to this office.Think about it,you are not probably regular patient to do acheck up,but a pregnant women who want not much,but proffesional help along with politeness.At the first second you stepped in they want to bill you insurance company and you should' t bother them anymore.If there is some problem don't expect a call.If you want the staff do do something on your behalf, forget about it.If you want care,proffesional help along with politeness and understanding,then you should consider another office and another doctor.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2009

I could never thank you enough for the care and love you provided me. I know in my heart I would not have my little girl if it weren't for you. You are the definition on what separates good Doctors from great Doctors. I will be forever grateful!

flag | Submitted June 18, 2009

I would not recommend this doctor to anyone. I came to her multiple times after surgery. I had severe pain. After multiple ultra sounds, she said it was normal after such procedure. I went to another specialist and he detected the problem right away. If I had waited longer, I would have had to have second surgery. Choose another doctor

flag | Submitted May 19, 2009

Very Unhelpful,always late, somethimes gave wrong information

flag | Submitted March 26, 2009

This doctor makes you wait min. 2 hours in her waiting room but when you go in her nurses do all the tests for her; you see in her office for 2 minutes and then leave. She doesn't seem to care about her patients well being or care for them. Having 8-10 pregnant woman waiting in a room for hours in not right and unprofessional. She's always late for appointments and lets russian people without appointments go in before those with appointments that were waiting for hours. I had to change my insurance mid-pregnancy and because my current insurance doesn't pay her as much she told me "you should find another doctor I would rather not treat you now". Horrible doctor; horrible people skills.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2008

Very short, did tests that I did not ask her to do (and I got a bill to pay for it!), I had to wait for over an hour. Will NEVER go back!

flag | Submitted September 8, 2008

she's a great doctor, very patient, polite & knowledgable; her office staff is great and proffesional! I'm trying to get pregnant, & if I will she'll definitely be my OBGYN! the only complain i'd make is her timing... apparently, i had a first appt, which was at 1pm; however, she only showed up at almost 2pm, when the waiting room was already packed with like 8 people waiting... watching those pregnant girls waiting made me feel kind of uncomfortable: itried to come at least 20 minutes earlier, knowing that i'll be a new patient & will need to fill out some forms and make sure my medical coverage will be confirmed. Though the front desk handled it very professional stating that she's on delivery & will come any minute, her established patients informed me that everyone usually waits a minimum of 1 hr. that is the only thing i fnd disrespectful, when doctors dont think that their patients also have jobs and consider their appointment time to be taken more seriously...

flag | Submitted May 25, 2008

i went do dr. Irene Kakossian yesterday as i felt the need for 2nd opinion. i called at the same day and the front desk politely put me on the schedule as soon as i told about my problem. dr. Kakossian spent quality time explaining all the steps i will need to take before the surgery. i am definitely positive that she will be the one to operate on me! to tell you the truth, i've never seen more professional and warm office in my entire life. i also recomemd this doctor to everyone

flag | Submitted January 24, 2008

Dr. Irene Kakossian's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Kakossian graduated Medical School with Honors and Distinction in 1991. She completed an exchange fellowship program at Columbia University, NY, in Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility. She graduated as Chief resident in Obstetrics & Gynecology at Lutheran Medical Center, NY. Dr. Kakossian has done extensive research in Laparoscopic and Hysteroscopic Surgery for different gynecologic conditions and produced many publications in this field. She was trained by and operated alongside the professor and founder of Laparoscopic Surgery Dr. H. Reich at Columbia University, NY. She lectured at International Conferences of Gynecologic Surgeons in Las Vegas, Miami, Montreal, and Atlanta and demonstrated the latest advances in Laparoscopic surgery in Moscow, Russia. Women’s Health has always been of primary interest of Dr. Kakossian. She created the most rewarding private practice where she enjoys a special bond with her patients while caring for them through pivotal moments of their lives. This brought to light another natural and yet important aspect of any woman’s life: grace and beauty. Having specially trained in many cosmetic procedures, including Botox, Fillers, Laser, and IPL, Dr. Kakossian now addresses her patients’ needs for both Health and Beauty in the comfort a state-of-the-art facility equipped with the latest advances in medical technology. Dr. Irene Kakossian is a fellow of the American College Of Obstetricians and Gynecologists and she is a member of the American Society of Gynecologic Laparoscopy, American Medical Association, and the International Society of Cosmetic Gynecology.

• Russian

• Yerevan Med Inst, Yerevan, Armenia (Grad. 1991)

Amerigroup