Ratings for Dr. Andrea D. Gaito

Dr Gaito is wonderful, she took her time and cured me of my Lyme after going to three different infectious disease specialists who didn't help at all. It was a long 18 month battle but I feel like a new person after meeting her!

flag | Submitted August 8, 2017

After having Lymes and being treated I still had symptoms went to Doctor Gaito and was diagnosed with a separate coinfection . After a month of antibiotics feel like a new person , great doctor

flag | Submitted June 22, 2017

Dr Gaito was really nice when i first met her. I had neuro lyme symptoms and she agreed w that. After the blood test came back negative her staff called me just to say that i should go back to my family dr. I really wanted to ask couple of questions from dr Gaito but the front desk lady refused to let me do that. There is nothing else we can do for you.... was my 500 $ worth dr visit. Symptoms are still here, need to find another dr😞

flag | Submitted May 30, 2017

Dr. Gaito was very helpful in accurately diagnosing and resolving an ongoing Lyme infection that had persisted over several years despite multiple courses of previous antibiotic treatment. I am now, for the first time in a long time, starting to see my symptoms gradually improve. I would highly recommend her to anyone who is currently suffering from Lyme Disease, as well as those who suspect they may be.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2017

I was given Dr. Gaito's name as a referral, in additional to ILADS. After whole heartedly taking our consultation fee, she wouldn't return a call, or offer any guidance. As a parent of a child who was at the time seriously struggling with Lyme, she put me in a terrible position. A complete waste of money and time.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2017

After 10 years of misdiagnosis I'd given up hope for feeling alive. Another doctor in Union did a Lyme test when he suspected I might be infected with Lyme. Sure enough, 5 days later he called and said with the degree of infection I should make an appointment with Dr Gaito. Dr Gaito saw me 3 weeks later. Further blood work confirmed not only was I infected, but to a degree the lab in CA purchased my blood to use as the Gold Seal for comparison test results. I had a pic line and with months turning into 2 years I slowly improved. Dr Gaito and her EXCELLENT knowledge of Lyme disease saved me. I did suffer crippling arthritis and my pain has restricted my daily activities, BUT, I am alive thanks to Dr Gaito. She is and will always be the only physician I'd trust with my life. THANKS for being there especially during a long hard recovery.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2015

After taking my money sadly Dr Gaito did absolutely nothing for me as I suffered with Lyme diseases. And when I wrote to the board of ILADS I was completely ignored. It's sad to have individuals like this dr.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2015

Dr. Gaito saved me from having a stroke....I had been feeling ill for several years...treated for Lyme Disease wit antibiotics...I believed Lyme kept coming back.....no MD in Ulster County NY could diagnose my condition...FINALLY someone recommended Dr. Gaito (to treat Lyme)... she LISTENED...carefully evaluated my symptoms and..tested me for Lyme and when results back negative...she tested me for Autoimmune Disorders (not prompted by me...no other MD had considered these blood tests)....Diagnosed me with a Primary Antiphospholipid Disorder(aka "sticky blood") ....a condition that could have resulted in a stroke...and Unspecified Mixed Connective Disorder....because both disorders were treated in early stages I feel terrific (I am 66 years old)....she monitors every 90 days....what can I say.... I happily travel 2 hours to meet with her

flag | Submitted September 22, 2014

Dr. Gaito basically saved my life. I had been misdiagnosed with MS for four years and was in very bad shape when I first saw her; she listened to my history, ordered tests, and successfully treated me for lyme. I check with her every 6 months to monitor my long term lyme disease. I have recovered my mobility, do not have any paralysis anymore, and feel good. She is kind, smart, a great communicator and a really good doctor.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2013

She was very personalable, took her time in explaining the origin of the disease, gathered the history of my disease, my current symptoms and took blood to send to a very specific lab. She explained why this was necessary. I ended up having active lyme, along with another deer tick bacteria and the combination was making me very sick. My regular doctor's lab could not and did not even test for the second type of illness. My internist sent me to her after my two week course of antiobiotics did not work. She treated both of my deer born illnesses and I felt better in two months. I had to go back for a follow up, but she called me for my third visit to keep my costs down instead of me coming in to discuss results. I was very happy I met with her...very polished and personalble.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2012

Dr. Andrea D. Gaito's Credentials

• St George'S Univ, Sch Of Med, St George'S, Grenada (Grad. 1986)