Ratings for Dr. Nwamara Chinwe Dike

The below comment sums it up perfectly for me as well. Almost exact same experience. I waited over 2 years as well and felt after being diagnosed with another 2 chronic pain conditions on top of what I already had deserted. She gave me no info on anything related to her new diagnosis of fybromyalgia. I was left not knowing where to turn. I was in tears more than once after and during my visits. Her coldness made me feel I was wasting her time. Quite embarrassing to break down in tears in front of two training interns because I felt stupid and confused by her questions and remarks. And one of the symptoms and problems with my condition is confusion. At the end of my one year I feel she is just pushing me through to get rid of me. If it was not for my wonderful physio person at the pain clinic I would still be lost, in pain and confused. She has been a godsend to me.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2016

I've had similar experiences to the other patients. She is cold and unfriendly. She hasn't done anything my family Dr hasn't already done. She hasn't suggested anything new or even bothered to understand my chronic pain. I am beyond frustrated as I waited (and suffered) for over 2 years to get into the clinic and have now spent the better part of the year at the clinic with little no results or help from her. My appointments with her are a complete waste of my 4$ for parking. If it wasn't for the physiotherapists at the clinic I would have left a long time ago.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2015

The Dr. is very knowledgeable and is excellent in Her field of medicine. The only Dr. I have ever had that understands chronic pain. Thank you.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2015

Dr Dike was prompt for my first appointment. On the 2nd one it was at 9am and I arrived at 10 to 9. She arrived into the building about 945 am. I had asked for a resident to show me xray results and then said I was leaving since the Dr had not arrived. During the xray results Dr Dike arrived, with no apology or even acknowledgment. I also found her to be lacking any kind of good bed side manner, and she is brisk and interrupts. She does not seem to know the specifics of my rare condition (not unusual) but then applies general pain info to it which does not apply in all situations. So I find her of little use and am very disappointed in her overall. In my opinion She is very much a pill pusher too. I asked to see another Dr and was told I had to ask my GP to refer me to a different one. This doesn't make sense as she is at the chronic pain centre. Not happy with her, in fact downright angry. I expected more at this clinic although many of the other staff are wonderful!!

flag | Submitted October 14, 2011

Dr. Dike looked after me for a brain injury. She was helpful and knowledgeable. She set appointments with occupational therapists and other specialists. The Alberta government took away my drivers license after the brain injury. Dr. Dike wrote a letter to Alberta Transport enabling me to go for a drivers road test immediately. The amount of time to get back my drivers license was shortened by several months. The people at Alberta Transport were real dorks and highly bureaucratic but that is another story.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2007

Dr. Dike has no bedside manner; she does not give her patients a 'warm, fuzzy' feeling at all. She is cold and clinical. Not sure of she is good at her speciality since I haven't been seeing her long enough to assess that aspect of her. She could smile more, and try approaching her patients with more warmth.......since her speciality is chronic pain, most of her patients have visited many many docs by the time they see her, and the patients are likely in need of some TLC from the medical profession by that point.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2007