Ratings for Dr. Catherine S. Smith

The questions establishing this doctor's capabilities are superficial. Nothing dealing with competence. Please read below My son had a tonsillectomy on 2 June 2014 at Winchester Surgi Center(Dr. Catherine Smith). He had his first arterial hemorrhage from the operation site on the 9th. He lost enough blood to only respond to painful stimuli and lost vision temporarily. Was given only one night observation under the acknowledgement of Dr. Mikus. Released on the 10th of June. Had second arterial hemorrhage on the 13th. Completely bled out and was transported via Air Care to Fairfax Trauma Center and they did what should have been done on the 10th. It should not have required a second hemorrhage, a helicopter flight, nor a trauma room visit to rectify the problem.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2014

Dr. Smith is a great doctor and a skilled surgeon. I had suffered with chronic sinusitis for years and saw another ENT in 2009 that did nothing to help. After moving to the Winchester area in December of 2012, I found ratings recommending Dr. Smmith. I made an appointment, she treated my sinus infection, recommended follow-up with allergist but did say that I had bilateral concha bullosa that were blocking my sinuses. After jumping through some hoops for the insurance & 6 rounds of antibiotics, with no relief, I went back and discussed surgery with Dr Smith. I just had my surgery today and was somewhat concerned about the recovery but I feel great. There was no 'packing', vomiting up blood, inability to sleep, super bad face pain, etc. as others had warned. I have to say that none of these things have happened, I know it's early yet, but I've had other (easier) surgeries and never felt this good. I can already breathe better. Thank you Dr. Smith, you are AWESOME!

flag | Submitted June 13, 2013

Dr. Smith is an amazing woman and doctor. She has performed seven surgeries on my children and has been as loving and caring to us as a mother would. I will recommend her to anybody.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2012

Dr. Smith was wonderful with my child. She guided us through my daughters tonsillectomy with warmth and skill.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2007

Dr. Catherine S. Smith's Credentials

• Suny-Hlth Sci Ctr At Brooklyn, Coll Of Med, Brooklyn Ny 11203 (Grad. 1993)

• Blue Cross Of California