Ratings for Dr. Primo R. Tamayo

Wait for ever five people had same time appt 6years he retired and we were on are own to find a pain doc I had 8surgery some people looked fine to me they didn't care about are pain or how sick u get without meds took me 2 months to find a doctor

flag | Submitted March 2, 2014

Pain doc retired left me to find a new doctor. Cant find one in time seen him 7 years lm in bad sickness

flag | Submitted December 23, 2013

I am really concerned about this doctor because he has overprescribed my mother pain medication that is EXTREMELY addicting. He had meds that are for burn or cancer patients. My mom is an everyday working person that does not need this level of medication. Her primary doctor was unable to reach the doctor my phone until it was dialed with a cell phone. When her primary doctor finally reached him he was so quick to let her primary doctor deal with her withdrawals. Now I am left to deal with a mess he has caused. I am ready to file the highest complaint possible but I know nothing will happen since he is working to take advantage over people trusting the decision of a doctor. His day will come!

flag | Submitted November 9, 2012

The doctor is ok the receptionist is a B7tch. My wife has been seeing this doctor now for over 3 years, she went in on a scheduled appointment day and was told she wouldn't be seen that day and should not have come in. WHAT, really, I was there with her that day and I simply asked why. Olivia (receptionists name) told me to stop being belligerent or should would call the cops. I only asked why she was told to come in then told to leave when we got there. Dumb founded, but not blaming the doc on this one. Maybe she had an off day, dont know. Anyway, the doctor is basically a pill peddler and the patients are there for one thing. It is in the core of Milwaukee, in a poor neighborhood (as are most of the pain clinics in the Milwaukee area). While leaving the clinic expect to be approached by every crack head in the perimeter. But because of my wife's medical condition she does just require pain medicine and this doc is easy to get along with.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2012

Very knowledgeable and caring. He answers all of my questions perfectly. Couldn't ask for more.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2011

he need to do more exams and less pain medicine

flag | Submitted February 19, 2008

Overall Dr. Tamayo is one of the best doctors Ive seen. He has a great style and even though he sees a great number of patients, one after another, he does take the time to listen to you and treat you like a human being. Many doctors that handle pain are not as kind as Primo is. I give him an 8 out of 10 overall rating. (I never give a 10 and RARELY a 9, so this is very good)

flag | Submitted July 7, 2007

Dr. Primo R. Tamayo's Credentials

• Far Eastern Univ, Dr N Reyes Med Fndn Inst Of Med, Manila, Philippines (Grad. 1965)

Kaiser-Permanente