You may also like

Rate Dr. Kevin S. Tralins

Dr. Kevin S. Tralins's Ratings

I very highly recommend Dr. Tralins and his staff at the Bardmoor Cancer Center.
I just finished my Radiation for Breast Cancer in June , I had 7 weeks- 5 days a week of treatment, the time flew by quicker than I ever would have imagined thanks to Dr.Tralins and his wonderful staff. They are very knowledgeable and compassionate which was greatly appreciated during this difficult time in my life. I hope they are aware of how special they are and the great job they are doing, God Bless them.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2858815].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 7, 2015

Dr. Kevin Tralins and his staff at the Bardmoor Cancer Center in Largo, Florida are the reason I am still here fighting this fight.

I have been a patient of Dr. Tralins since 2013, when I had my first radiation treatments for endometrial cancer.

Not only is Dr. Tralins very knowledgeable about his field, he is very good at explaining things so you can understand what is going to happen. He encourages questions and makes sure you have everything you need to know to make informed decisions. This is all on top of the most compassionate manner in which he speaks to you.

Beyond Dr. Tralins, his staff of nurses and technologists are Aces. Every staff member is friendly and treats you as if you are the number one only patient that they have.

In 2014, my cancer recurred in my spine. My original plan was to go to another radiation group in Tampa that had a super-fancy new radiation machine with pin-point accuracy. Because I had had radiation in the area before, there was concern about double-dosing and the risks. Unfortunately, that group took so long to set things up, that I had incurred a compression fracture of my spine and was in the hospital before they could do my treatment.

I went back to Dr. Tralins because of the wonderful treatment I had received there previously and he assured me that he could do whatever those fancy machines could do -- and I already knew it would be a positive experience.

As stated, I had a broken back during my treatment -- it was excruciatingly painful to get to my appointment, let alone getting onto the machine. Normally it takes approximately 15 minutes for the treatment. It took an hour for me. I had to have 3 staff members, a board, foam wedges and a circus routine to get onto the machine - and everyday for three weeks, the angels that pass for technologists helped me get through it. They were able to accommodate my needs by scheduling late sessions so I would not take up the time that would normally be allotted to four other patients.

Not only are the staff helpful, but each shares and easy humor that takes your mind away from the fact that you are fighting a deadly disease.

As of May, 2013, I have a new recurrence of cancer in almost the exact same area that has been treated before. Chemotherapy and surgery are not options at this point due to the possibility of more damage than cure. Radiation is my only option, and Dr. Tralins researched the latest study on my situation, where we are working with the same exact area. He took the time to explain the higher risk factors with me before allowing me to make the decision about this new treatment.

I am currently half way through my treatment and already feel 100% better than I had a few short weeks ago. I know that the caring, compassionate treatment that I receive from Dr. Tralins and his staff are what is making me well.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2844136].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 21, 2015

One wouldn't think having radiation for cancer in your bones would be a positive experience - but it was. Dr. Kevin Tralins, his staff, the radiation technicians are all extremely competent and very kind! Over the past 3 years I have had radiation 3 times, 3 different areas, all completely painless, and all successful. I was so lucky to have found this radiation/oncologist group. My cancer is quiet for now, but will no doubt recur, and I will need their services again. I don't dread it at all, in fact it is so reassuring to know they are there for me.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2436036].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 19, 2014

the best and kindest dr. we did not have enough money and he took care of my husband and never sent a bill.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][976724].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 26, 2008

Very professional, personable, competent. Highly recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][976723].votes_count ]]