Ratings for Dr. James B. Angster

Dr Jim Angster first entered my life 22 years ago, when I was a scared teenager trying to recover from the trauma of repeated sexual abuse by my step father. At various major milestones in my lifetime, when I have benefitted from therapy, Dr. Angster has always been there, with a kind word and empathetic hug at the end of the session that always makes me feel better. There are gaps in our therapy relationship (the longest lasting close to ten years); however, I always knew that if I got in "real" trouble, he would be there to help me figure it out, and somehow leave me with the sense that everything would work out. I have at times seen other psychologists and councillors, and although all come highly rated and respected, none have the finesse of Dr. Angster or were able to reach me so effectively and elegantly. He knows how to get at the root of the problem and face the true issues, without distraction by seemingly important tangents. I trust him with my life.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2015

Dr. Angster was recommended to me by an attorney/deacon friend. He was EXACTLY what my husband and I needed. He worked with us individually and as a couple, and had a lasting impact on our marriage and our individual well-being. We saw him in late 2008. I did look into his history and was aware of his past issue, but they do not relate to the quality of his care. I DO recommend him whenever the opportunity presents.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2011

My family and I have not had a good experience with this doctor. He has been treating my sister-in-law for a few years now. We don't feel that he has her best interest in mind with regards to recommendations and advice he has given her. We have found him to not always be truthful and questionable billing practices. I would not recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2011

Dr. Angster's best quality is the personal interest he takes in his patients. He really wants to help

flag | Submitted August 20, 2010

check this doctors past history before you go to him. it might alarm you!

flag | Submitted April 9, 2010

He is a fantastic doctor, the children adore him and feel safe and comfortable in his presence. After being victims of abuse it was very difficult to find a doctor who was so personable and still very professional. He is very insightful as well and that is something one just knows, like a Dr Phil of sorts, but not so brutally honest but that kind of insight. My children, two boys and girl have grown tremendously under his care and he has helped them to feel safe and special and able to deal with grown up issues that have come their way. I love his environment almost woodlike and at times he walks the kids by the pond making it a positive experience for everyone involved. They are always willing and enthusiastic to see Dr. Angster and he is not only a good psychologist, he is a man of honesty and integrity. I would highly recomend him to anyone needing child counseling for any reason

flag | Submitted March 8, 2007