Ratings for Dr. Roger S. Knapp

We saw Dr Knapp for almost 2 years and had already had one experience we were not fond of- a referral to a terrible specialist. He had no idea (he later admitted) who they even were and it caused great stress and multiple issues w our child. Then when our second baby was born and only 2 weeks; he was having an extremely serious symptom. The nurse was very worried, yet when Dr Knapp came in- he literally did not even look--he said it was nothing and would resolve on its own. It was indeed something serious and would need treatment for the next two years. We left and have realized that we should have done it much sooner. I've never needed management sit-downs again or second guessing. People love Knapp because he's 'old school'.. but honestly I believe if you can't address needs, especially severe concerns: please retire for the good of the community.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2014

Our family has been going to Dr. Knapp for 17 years (3 kids). He is a great doctor, very knowledgeable and spends time with his patients. He will try several things before referring to a specialist if necessary. He is also very accessible by email if you have a non urgent question. Love his weekly newsletters.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2011

Dr Knapp & his staff are great! He is a no non-sense Dr who doesn't over react. He was my pediatrician as a child & now my own children see him.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2011

He is great. He only prescribes meds if a kid really needs it.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2011

Dr. Knapp is a terrific doctor and my children love him. Very current on new treatments and a wealth of knowledge from his website and newsletters.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2011

Dr. Knapp is wonderful. I love that he believes in not over-medicating and he is great with the children. His staff are super sweet too. My children are never scared to go see him.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2011

I love his "laid-back" personality. It really helps de-stress new moms. I have referred many friends to him and they all love him, as well. He is always current on new research and has a wealth of knowledge/experience to share.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2011

We've been using Dr. Knapp for 5 years and have been very pleased. He uses a conservative approach to medicine. His staff has always been great to get us the forms we need for daycare, sports etc.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2011

we started seeing Dr. Knapp when my daughter is 1. Now she is 8 and we had a really good experience with Dr. Knapp. And his office staff is nice, professional and helpful

flag | Submitted April 29, 2011

Dr. Knapp is friendly, informative, and knowledgable. He keeps the kids and the parents at ease. He is thorough both in the exam and in the explanation of information and instructions. My kids consider him a friend, and they look forward to annual checkups. He has even told me, on occasion, when the rest of the family or the family pets should be checked out to keep some illness from making rounds through the entire house.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2011

Dr. Roger S. Knapp's Credentials

• University Of Texas Southwestern Medical School At Dallas (Grad. 1973)

UPMC