flag | Submitted January 1, 2016

There is a nurse there that will mess with your drug screen if she doesn't like you. She is very hateful. I was taking my blood pressure one time and out of the blue she asked if I was selling my meds. I looked at her and said WHAT? She said that they have to ask sometimes. I never failed a drug test in the 4yrs there. All I will say she is tall and works in the #3 exam room. Not the one in corner. Other people have said they all hate having to see her because of the way she acts. I would say something but I am afraid that I may get in trouble. I don't have her every time but it just makes me sick if I do. Dr. Murphy is great and has been getting better with staff but this one is trouble.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2015

There is only one maybe two nurses there that are any count. There is one there that treats you like you are a piece of trash!!! I have had her question me if I was selling my meds!!! Just sitting there taking blood pressure and she asked me that out of clear blue. I never had a bad drug test or any problems at all. She is hateful to everyone that she sees. I have talked to other people about her and they all say the same thing. She is very very slow when she calls you in. I understand that you want to a good job but she makes comments about everything and even asking about selling your meds. It's crazy.!!! I am afraid to say anything cause they may think I am trying to cause trouble. I think her name is Yolanda? ??? She is kinda tall. And by the way I have been told if she don't like you she will mess with your drug screen to get you in trouble .

flag | Submitted November 6, 2015

Dr murphy is the best pain mngment dr I've ever been to ive been going to him for thrre years now n he is very nice n excellent about talking to you n explaining what you need to do my back n knees have been doing lots better he exzamons you very carefully n is concernd about your health n well being n takes time to talk to you n give you what you need i askd dr i was going to before him for knee braces n he said get one over the counter n didnt have to ask dr murphy he gave me one for my knee n back n it's helpd really good my back n knees have improved i can now do lots of stuff around the house i couldnt thinks to him im able to spend more time with my grandchildren n enjoy my time with them more thank you very much dr murphy n staff for helping m careing terry standridge

flag | Submitted October 5, 2015

flag | Submitted June 12, 2015

flag | Submitted May 21, 2015

flag | Submitted May 14, 2015

Dr. Murphy cares for his people. He is a very caring doctor. He will not try to push anything on you. The only problem there is that you don't get to see him very much at all. I just wish he would atleast talk to us every 90 days. As long as you do what they say and pass your drug test you will not have any problems. Just a very good doctor!!! THANK YOU DR. MURPHY!!!

flag | Submitted May 6, 2015

i used to open clinics for drs in tn and miss i brought in i helped them find drs from canada when we didnt have any here available and since i interviewed drs i learned a lot qbout the ones that were caring and good in their field i was very impressed with dr murphy 7 years ago when i started going to him and still think he is one of the most intelligent ones i have ever met if he is cutting meds its because has cracked down on some meds not his fault there are many people taking more than they need a dr can only go by or records and his compassion for chonic pain you unhappy people need to change drs and leave the rest of us alone since we have been with him since our pain started most of us do not want to take pain meds but wnt to be able to leave a halfway normal life so we do what we can with the help of a caring dr most dr just worry about themselves and wont try to help so they can as you say "stay out of trouble" but he cares i have never had a bad test or abused my meds i have several autoimmune dises as well as ra ,oa, ddd herniated disk need knee replacements and have a tumor that is inoperatable so my left would be unbearable without meds thank you dr murphy and staff you have been good to me as i have tried to be respectable to all i dont understand whar some of these people are talking about since i have been going for 7 yrs and they have helped me to get out if i had to get home to pick up my grandson after school and if not still got out quick as any dr i go too

flag | Submitted February 26, 2015

flag | Submitted January 26, 2015

Dr. Mark A. Murphy's Credentials

• Umdnj-New Jersey Medical School (Grad. 1983)

Oxford

Updates

• A new 1-star rating has been posted. "He was the top writer of Oxycodone in 2013 https://projects.propublica.org/checkup/drugs/2954"

January 1, 2016
  • A new 3.2-star rating has been posted. "There is a nurse there that will mess with your drug screen if she doesn't like you. She is very hateful. I was taking my blood pressure one time and out of the..."

November 6, 2015
  • A new 3.2-star rating has been posted. "There is only one maybe two nurses there that are any count. There is one there that treats you like you are a piece of trash!!! I have had her question me if I..."

November 6, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr murphy is the best pain mngment dr I've ever been to ive been going to him for thrre years now n he is very nice n excellent about talking to you n explainin..."

October 5, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "He knows its over- just waiting for the formalities to take their time. Hope he saved up"

June 12, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "most all drug problem / diversion in area could be traced back to this one dr, if he is a bona fide dr. "

May 21, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "The big question now is WHO will take care of Dr. Murphy;s pain patients once his ability to write controlled substances is taken away?"

May 14, 2015
  • A new 3.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Murphy cares for his people. He is a very caring doctor. He will not try to push anything on you. The only problem there is that you don't get to see him v..."

May 6, 2015
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "i used to open clinics for drs in tn and miss i brought in i helped them find drs from canada when we didnt have any here available and since i interviewed drs ..."

February 26, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I personal have not ever had a problem with the Doctor or the staff. My haat goes off to everyone there. Linda Shelton"

January 26, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Dr.Murphy is cutting meds to everyone because he is in trouble!!! I bet he will close his doors soon. He has given so much meds to people that don't need them...."

January 19, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I left a comment on here a month ago praising Dr. Murphy & his staff but they've shown their true colors. They do NOT care about the patient, I requested 3 time..."

January 15, 2015
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "A doctor that knows what he's doing, listens to the patient & doesn't try to force you to do anything you don't want or have already tried numerous times. The s..."

December 16, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Murphy and staff are very respectful to me and I have never had a problem with no one at the clinic."

December 11, 2014
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "Dr.Murphy is a very good doctor. But like most people I agree about the staff. I will say 90% of the staff are terrible. My appointment was the other day and I ..."

December 5, 2014
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "I went to my appointment the other day and was treated like a dog. I like Dr.Murphy but his staff has to go. I am looking for another doctor now. I have been go..."

November 28, 2014
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "Dr.Murphy is great but some of the nurses are really bad. The other day I went in for my appointment and I had this nurse that has been working there about 3-..."

November 5, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I go to his madison office wonderful doctor he is the only doctor whos pain block's work for me he listens to you and is extremly intelligent in his field as lo..."

October 30, 2014
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "This is the WORST medical office I gave ever been in. I am not a patient but have taken an elderly family member there several times. Dr. Murphy is a wonderful ..."

October 29, 2014
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I am a patient there. I have never been in any kind of trouble there or with the Dr before him. Ive been going there for probably around a year. I have only see..."

October 15, 2014
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Terrible, Terrible. Terrible, Terrible, Terrible, Terrible"

October 6, 2014
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "Dr.Murphy is great. He cares!! He listens to you. He DOES NOT PUSH ANYTHING ON YOU AT ALL!! I just wish the staff was better. They treat you like trash!! I know..."

September 8, 2014
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "very pleased nice people in lab an office glad to be there"

September 4, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' score (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=123943'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 2.2

February 22, 2014
  • 2 negative duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed

February 8, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' score (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=123943'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 2.4

February 5, 2014
  • Specialty changed from &quot;Anesthesiologist&quot; to &quot;Pain Mgmt / Physical Rehab&quot;

October 7, 2013
  • 2 negative duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed

January 22, 2013
  • First Name changed from "Mark" to "Mark A."

April 8, 2012