Ratings for Dr. Janis R. Finer

I have been a patient for 20+ years. She has been very involved in my health care and planning. I have every confidence in Dr. Finer and will continue with her. I am thankful to have such a caring and dedicated Dr. Hopefully I will have a long life and continue as a patient. My family also appreciates her dedication and shares my confidence in her

flag | Submitted June 7, 2011

I have been seeing Dr Finer for 4 years now, I have found her to be very helpful and concerned for my health. I cracked two ribs two months ago on a day she was off and she came in anyway to see me. Her office could have sent me to the ER instead and that would have cost me much more money.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2011

Used to be a great dr. Maybe because of insurance "pressure" or due to her burnout, she overmedicates and repeatedly makes mistakes on my prescriptions. Wrong dose, wrong instructions, etc. I was referred to one of her friends, a specialist, who misdiagnosed the problem and could have really done some damage had I proceeded with his recommended surgery.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2011

Friendly but seems to have trouble focusing on what the patient is telling her. Seems to want to talk about other patients at times. Lack confidence in her judgement.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2010

Dr. Finer seems burned out. She needs to get out of primary care.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2010

Dr. Jan is the best !!! Extremely thorough, knowledgeable, experienced, pleasant,etc. !!!

flag | Submitted September 28, 2010

Pays attention to details. Follows up on issues. Because of her diagnostic skill, I am alive today.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2010

Dr Finer is beyond doubt, the finest doctor I have ever had. She is incredibly thorough and detects conditions that other doctors would easily miss. In addition, she spends as much time as a patient needs, and you never feel rushed. She genuinely cares and that is becoming more and more rare in the medical profession. If you had to trust your life with one doctor, who tells you like it is, but is gentle and caring in the way she tells you, Janice Finer is the doctor I would choose.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2009

Dr. Finer is an excellent diagnostician. She found two life threatening medical conditions that my prior doctor had completely missed. She is an excellent listener and is very knowledgeable and up to date.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2009

I took a home pregnancy test and it was positive, so I went to see her to verify it. After the urine test that was also positive, she asked if I was happy and I said yes. I made it very clear that I wanted this. After that, she began telling me about a pill I could take to stop the pregnancy. I'm not sure if this is because of my age (24) or because I'm not married, but it was offensive to me. Had I asked or in some way indicated I was unsure about having a child, I could understand that reaction. Once she realized I was offended, she said she was just trying to inform me of my options. She also said it's not like an abortion, which in my opinion, it's close enough. Different procedure, but same results.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2009

Dr. Janis R. Finer's Credentials

• University Of Oklahoma College Of Medicine (Grad. 1989)