Ratings for Dr. Jeff Giulietti

My experience with Jeff has been nothing short of life changing for me. After spending 3 years treating foot pain, a foot surgery and 2 other pt doctors, my podiatrist referred me to Jeff when none of that fixed the problem. Jeff knew the first time he met with me that it was my sciatic nerve causing foot pain. However, at this point I had created a whole lot of other issues by trying to compensate for a sore foot. I looked forward to my visits with Jeff. It was so nice to have someone really understand my pain and symptoms and give me real tools to strengthen my body and alleviate pain. He gave me excercises to do at home and he challenged me to do things I didn’t think I could do. It was so encouraging to be moving in the right direction with physical accomplishments on my way to healing. Now I am swimming and hiking and enjoying things I haven’t been able to enjoy in years! I would highly recommend Jeff to anyone with chronic pain or an injury. He will expect you to do your exercises and communicate with him but you will find relief and have the very BEST pt doctor to help you through what you are going through.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2018

I have seen Jeff for over 10 years for many issues including degenerative disc disease, knee problems, Morton's Neuroma, and my latest issue was a torn rotator cuff. At 76 years of age the repair has been slow, but Jeff's depth of knowledge and experience has been a crucial in the healing of my shoulder. I can now raise my hand over my head. Jeff is a true healer.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2018

I worked with Jeff and his intern, Cody over the course of seven visits. I had a mild shoulder injury which was not healing. I felt the care Jeff provided was excellent. He made it very clear that my role in recovery (exercises at home) was essential to healing. After my office visits were completed Jeff agreed to meet me at the gym to help show me the correct way to acheive strength and conditioning exercises. I'm very pleased with my recovery.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2018

I have a torn maniscus left knee, it is @n old injury and surgery was doubtful. I was fortunate enough to choose Jeff’s office because it was close to home. I was using a cane for a couple weeks and could not walk without pain, Jeff did not hold my hand He expected me to do the work and I did, and I got better fast. All this time I had been dealing with plantar fasciitis, for the last year I tried rest expensive orthotics, Jeff explained and convinced me that I was walking incorrectly, He taught me to “turn on” muscles that I was not using this has really helped me return to 80-90% normal activities. Don’t let his enthusiasm and love of his craft fool you. He wants you better but you gotta help. Do your homework! Racheal saw me on a couple visits, she was up to speed on my case and reinforced his method, I felt she did very good job as well.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2018

I absolutely loved working with Jeff! He is passionate about what he does, and it shows. I really enjoyed his direct approach to helping me get better. He holds you accountable for doing, or not doing your exercises that he tells you to do on your own. If you don’t do the work you won’t get better. He really focuses on making sure you are doing your exercises correctly, so you won’t hurt something else while treating the issue at hand. He aims to make the entire body stronger while treating the injury. I enjoyed, and looked forward to my appointments with Jeff. I would highly recommend him to everyone.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2018

I came to Jeff after seeing 5 other physical therapists over a 2 year history of chronic low-grade pain. He called personally to schedule our initial visit and found needed therapeutic work that had been overlooked by other practitioners. Jeff is an expert but he maintains a commonsense and fundamentally compassionate approach to his work that is highly effective: we achieved symptom reductions in one week and near-full recovery in a month without an excess of technically demanding exercise programs and using therapies that integrate well with my life. In the course of our therapy Jeff showed me I could be active in ways I thought my conditions prevented, helped me understand those conditions to lessen their psychological impact, and encouraged me to undertake new activities I would have otherwise avoided out of fear of reinjury. It was pivotal and essential work, and while it required trusting his judgment during therapy and making temporarily uncomfortable changes in my life (foregoing certain hobbies, changing work and lifestyle habits, and trying new things), the process, lessons, and outcome were well worth it, and I am grateful for his guidance, which he continues to offer through direct personal communication post-recovery if needed. Thanks, Jeff.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2018

As stated in other comments, he is VERY egotistical. He acts like he knows everything about everything but has little empathetic and psychological knowledge as he claims to have. He guilt trips, shames, and uses fear tactics to "try" to motivate his patients. "You'll never be able to unless...", "you'll never achieve your dreams..." are just a few of the statements he uses on his patients. If it's not obvious, these are not healthy tactics for long term change. While these tactics may work for some and for the short term, they create resentment and guilt that are shown to cause people to eventually stop their new habits and are inevitably ineffective for long term change. To explain my ratings: Staff: 3/5, most of the staff were very pleasant but a 'few' were rude multiple times. Punctuality: 2/5, while very punctual and organized, majority of your appointments he spends 50% of the appointment time on his laptop (dealing with earlier patients or his emails). Also, you are on HIS schedule and he is aggressively assertive with appointment days/times. Helpfulness: 2/5, impatient and rushes care. Expects every patient to be completely fixed/healed in 2 months. Majority of the work I did at my appointments could have been accomplished by a personal trainer at a gym for half the cost. Knowledge: 2/5, very knowledgeable in regards to a physical therapy, but lacks empathetic and psychological knowledge which are essential when dealing with any patient. While I did learn from this experience and my time with him, overall it felt like a waste of my time and money.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2018

Dr. Jeff recommended physical therapy treatment for three months versus surgery that had been recommended by my surgeon. Dr. Jeff was right. After various exercise programs, I am now relatively pain free, but have not lost any mobility that the surgery would have taken from me. Dr. Jeff knows his stuff.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2017

I was at the running store and Jeff was doing free evaluations so I figured I would have my chronic knee pain that I have tried to have treated in the past looked at. He took me up to his clinic and did a quick exam and recommended that I came to see him. I was skeptical at first because I have had PT in the past for my knees and it definitely did not work. At our first appointment, he told me it was my hips rather than my knees and we focused on that. After 3 months of progressive physical therapy with him, I was already 50x better than I had ever been. He even met me at the YMCA and designed a workout program for me since that was something I was extremely interested in. He worked with my limitations throughout and was very straightforward, which I definitely appreciated. He explained that this whole program wouldn't make me 100% better if I did not commit to it in clinic and at home and that I needed to be serious about getting better. He drew up exercise sheets after every visit with "homework" I needed to be doing and was extremely accessible at any time. He was already in clinic and ready to see me at every visit, even at 6 am. He took the time to explain what processes were going on with my hips and why they were the way they were. His staff was wonderful and extremely helpful at every visit. I went from not being able to walk for more than 20 minutes on flat ground without pain to running and being able to climb 3 flights of stairs to and from work daily with absolutely no pain whatsoever. I would highly recommend seeing Jeff if you are looking for a no-nonsense very knowledgeable physical therapist that will work with you if you are willing to put in the work. In fact, I have recommended him to all my friends. Jeff would absolutely be the person I would go to if I ever injured myself again.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2017

I can not say enough how happy I am to have been treated by Jeff. Over a year ago I "did something" to my shoulder. My PCP sent me to physical therapy (different clinic) and I went faithfully 2-3 times per week for 3+ months. At the end of my time there, when I was deemed "as good as I was going to get" I felt maybe 20% improved. While that therapist was very nice, he did not find the problem. His solution was to use my other arm for things that hurt my shoulder. I returned to my PCP and was sent to an orthopedic surgeon. Was told that I had a frozen shoulder, and because of my type 1 diabetes, it was almost impossible to be relieved of the problem. She told me I could try PT again if I wanted. I did, but did not have high hopes. Within the first half hour of the first appointment with Jeff, he said the issue started with my upper back, so he worked there first. It has been a few days over 2 weeks since that first appointment, and the difference is unbelievable! The pain in my shoulder is drastically improved, movement is close to 100%. I would return to Eugene Physical Therapy, and specifically Jeff with any other physically therapy needs without hesitation.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2017