Ratings for Dr. Jeff Giulietti

I can not say enough how happy I am to have been treated by Jeff. Over a year ago I "did something" to my shoulder. My PCP sent me to physical therapy (different clinic) and I went faithfully 2-3 times per week for 3+ months. At the end of my time there, when I was deemed "as good as I was going to get" I felt maybe 20% improved. While that therapist was very nice, he did not find the problem. His solution was to use my other arm for things that hurt my shoulder. I returned to my PCP and was sent to an orthopedic surgeon. Was told that I had a frozen shoulder, and because of my type 1 diabetes, it was almost impossible to be relieved of the problem. She told me I could try PT again if I wanted. I did, but did not have high hopes. Within the first half hour of the first appointment with Jeff, he said the issue started with my upper back, so he worked there first. It has been a few days over 2 weeks since that first appointment, and the difference is unbelievable! The pain in my shoulder is drastically improved, movement is close to 100%. I would return to Eugene Physical Therapy, and specifically Jeff with any other physically therapy needs without hesitation.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2017

I've always tried to be active, using a rowing ergometer and weights regularly, as well as stretching and walking regularly. In addition, I've been training in, and teaching, the Japanese martial art of Aikido for 40 years. In fact, I'm the Chief Instructor of Aikido of Eugene. Being 65 and active, and being involved in a martial art, I've acquired my share of injuries over the years and I've continually come back to Jeff Giulietti at Eugene Physical Therapy for assistance. I first met Jeff in 1999 while recovering from a medial meniscectomy on my left knee. Jeff ably assisted me in making a full, 100% recovery, to the point that, at an Aikido seminar later that year, when asked how my knee surgery had gone, I had to take a moment to remember which knee I had injured. Over the intervening 18 years, I've received physical therapy from Jeff for neck, shoulder, lower back, leg, and hand injuries. Jeff has always been able to assist me in healing and achieving full recovery, no matter how severe the initial injury. I've always been impressed with his knowledge of the human body and how it works and with his method of involving me in my own active recovery. He is responsive; he pays attention to what the patient says; and he clearly explains the exercises he asks you to do in your recovery. I think Eugene Physical Therapy and Jeff Giulietti, in particular, are tops in the field of Physical Therapy in the greater Eugene area. I have recommended Jeff and Eugene Physical Therapy to friends. One of them gratefully says, "Jeff saved my life!" If you're in need of Physical Therapy, I highly recommend Eugene Physical Therapy.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2017

I saw Jeff for a chronic problem with my shoulder. He was very professional and knowledgeable. And he made special arrangements to accommodate my work schedule. With a good deal of graded rehabilitation, I've recovered normal use of my shoulder. I highly recommend Jeff and his clinic to others in need of PT.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2017

I had a torn meniscus and could hardly walk my knee was so painful! Jeff was highly recommended to me by a friend who warned me that Jeff was not the kind of person to "coddle" you along, but that he WAS good. I had already been to 2 PT who had asked me what they should do next so was looking for someone better. Jeff did not waste any time on previous histories, but began exercises immediately - yes they were painful but I realized immediately that I felt better when I did them faithfully! I had been a very active person and was sure "my life had ended". Within days my improvement was so marked even my husband remarked on it. Even though I no longer need to attend sessions, I still do the exercises he prescribed me -- I can feel the difference if I don't do them. Right from the beginning I appreciated Jeff's knowledge and business approach to the therapy. Thanks Jeff for "giving me back my life"!

flag | Submitted April 19, 2017

I came to Jeff in May of 2016 with horrible shin splints and a short timeline to work with. I was set to ship out to Navy bootcamp in December and I was in no shape to do so. Jeff worked with me on not only on a physical level but also on a mental level to prepare me to pass my Physical Readiness Test. Well I am happy to say I made it through bootcamp!! I graduated on February 3rd so I am officially a sailor!!! I wanted to give a big thank you to him for all of his help and all that he did to make sure I could pass this test. I can honestly say working with him changed me and is a big part of why I made it through! I passed every single PRT I had and got better and better with each one. My final 1.5 run time was 1330 which is slow I know but I was so unbelievably proud of myself to be able to run that mile and half and not give up. To push through everything they threw at me and not give up or let them break me mentally. I would be in pain and I would get through it by reminding myself the things he taught me about pain it being mental. It really is. All of his effort and support and everything else he did made the world of difference in my life and my future. I am forever thankful.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2017

My husband has Parkinson's disease, and he saw Jeff over a period of 3 months to improve his balance, strength and coordination to mitigate the danger of falls. Jeff did a very thorough initial evaluation, and I was immediately impressed by his approach of healing, that the process required teamwork by the patient, the therapist and, in our case, myself, the spouse. Everybody had to "show up." Jeff showed amazing patience with my husband and applied a good dose of humour with his strictness. Excuses do not get results, hard work does. Jeff met us at the pool for a water exercise program which was immensely helpful. We were sent home after each session with a new set of exercises which would be critiqued the next time. Usually not a self-starter, Jeff motivated my husband to put in the work, because he could see result early on. He could see that diligence paid off. While barely being able to get out of the chair unaided, at the end of 3 months he is able to smoothly get in and out of a chair without help and without using his hands to push himself up. His balance has improved as did his gait. However, there is no time to sit on the laurels, Parkinson's disease requires constant vigilance and vigorous exercise, but Jeff has shown my husband that he can improve and has given him hope for a better quality of life. Jeff, indeed you are a miracle worker, and for that we will be forever grateful. Thank you!!!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted February 15, 2017

My daughter was treated so badly by Jeff Giulietti that I doubt she will recover for months. He spent the first 30 minutes of the evaluation appointment working diligently to humiliate, embarrass, and insult both my daughter and me, but mostly my daughter. The only reason I didn't run as fast as I could from this sadistic egomaniac is because I was desperate for care for my daughter, and somehow this clinic comes highly rated. I just didn't know any better. Please, don't send your child to this clinic!!!!! I rated his staff one star for telling me that Jeff would work well with my daughter...Alie, you said you worked with Jeff for 11 years, and if so, you lied when you said he is good with children. I rated his punctuality one star because he approached us, in the dark, without introducing himself, and ridiculed the way my daughter was walking, all while she was in pain and trying to walk the only way she can. He was right on time with this cruel introduction. I gave his knowledge one star because he told me that he knew how to work with children who are not neurotypical. He said to my language impaired daughter that if she didn't talk to him, therapy wouldn't work for her. This is like telling a blind person that if they don't see better, therapy won't work for them. He told her that he knew she could talk if she really wanted to, when all my daughter has ever wanted is to be able to talk like other people. His helpfulness should be rated a negative number because he wasted my time, and my money, and he harmed my daughter psychologically. He mentioned too many times that he has 30 years experience, however, to his credit, he does seem to know how to work with injuries. He did not hurt my daughter physically, he gave her some sensible exercises to start off with and he showed her how to walk on crutches correctly. So, if all you are looking for is someone to fix you, Jeff may be your guy, I don't know. He knew right away that he wouldn't be a good fit for my daughter because he made her cry when he told her that her surgeon gave him "bonehead directions" and her pain doctor gave her meds that would make her an addict. What kind of person talks to a kid like this?! I've read great reviews about his employees, but I wouldn't trust them either, because anyone with a Doctorate PT degree is fully capable of finding employment elsewhere if their values don't align with those of a Class A Douche like Jeff Giulietti.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2017

Dr. Giulietti was fantastic and great to work with! He always had high expectations but was very knowledgeable and truly cared about my progress!

flag | Submitted November 12, 2016

I re-injured my surgically repaired rotator cuff and went to a local physical therapy clinic for several weeks. I was told it "probably wasn't torn again" because I could raise my arm overhead. After weeks of painful exercises, it was determined I should have an ultrasound. Results: Massive rotator cuff tear and not likely to be able to be repaired again. The doc at Slocum recommended a reverse shoulder replacement. After all the lab tests and hospital prep to get ready for this surgery, he changed his mind and wanted me to see Jeff Giulietti first. Let me say that if you are looking for someone to hold your hand and tell you how awful it must be to be in such pain -- this is not your guy. But if you want someone who really knows his stuff and is not afraid to tell you like it is -- this IS your guy. He was awesome ... met me in the water at Willamalane Pool to go over an exercise program. I dutifully went 4-5 times in one month and saw marked improvement. Since a pool is not my fav, he met me at Planet Fitness to go over a series of exercises on gym equipment. I go every other day and have NO MORE PAIN. Seriously! I used to walk around feeling like I had a paring knife stuck in my shoulder -- but no more. I am truly thankful to be able to carry, lift, cook, clean, row, paddle, etc. with a minimum of restriction. Thank you, Jeff!

flag | Submitted June 14, 2016

I would highly recommend Jeff to anyone! Jeff was the third therapist I had seen for my constant headaches and neck issues. Jeff was able to quickly diagnose me and got me started on treatment right away. Jeff made me feel like a priority. He would email me to see how I was doing and even got me in at 5:30 am (he starts at 6:00 am) when I was having issues. Since working with Jeff, I have been headache free for 3 weeks! That is a big accomplishment, considering I had a constant headache for over a year! I will be forever grateful to Jeff and his staff. He helped me get my life back! Thank you!

flag | Submitted May 11, 2016