Ratings for Dr. Jeff Giulietti

I absolutely loved working with Jeff! He is passionate about what he does, and it shows. I really enjoyed his direct approach to helping me get better. He holds you accountable for doing, or not doing your exercises that he tells you to do on your own. If you don’t do the work you won’t get better. He really focuses on making sure you are doing your exercises correctly, so you won’t hurt something else while treating the issue at hand. He aims to make the entire body stronger while treating the injury. I enjoyed, and looked forward to my appointments with Jeff. I would highly recommend him to everyone.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2018

I came to Jeff after seeing 5 other physical therapists over a 2 year history of chronic low-grade pain. He called personally to schedule our initial visit and found needed therapeutic work that had been overlooked by other practitioners. Jeff is an expert but he maintains a commonsense and fundamentally compassionate approach to his work that is highly effective: we achieved symptom reductions in one week and near-full recovery in a month without an excess of technically demanding exercise programs and using therapies that integrate well with my life. In the course of our therapy Jeff showed me I could be active in ways I thought my conditions prevented, helped me understand those conditions to lessen their psychological impact, and encouraged me to undertake new activities I would have otherwise avoided out of fear of reinjury. It was pivotal and essential work, and while it required trusting his judgment during therapy and making temporarily uncomfortable changes in my life (foregoing certain hobbies, changing work and lifestyle habits, and trying new things), the process, lessons, and outcome were well worth it, and I am grateful for his guidance, which he continues to offer through direct personal communication post-recovery if needed. Thanks, Jeff.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2018

As stated in other comments, he is VERY egotistical. He acts like he knows everything about everything but has little empathetic and psychological knowledge as he claims to have. He guilt trips, shames, and uses fear tactics to "try" to motivate his patients. "You'll never be able to unless...", "you'll never achieve your dreams..." are just a few of the statements he uses on his patients. If it's not obvious, these are not healthy tactics for long term change. While these tactics may work for some and for the short term, they create resentment and guilt that are shown to cause people to eventually stop their new habits and are inevitably ineffective for long term change. To explain my ratings: Staff: 3/5, most of the staff were very pleasant but a 'few' were rude multiple times. Punctuality: 2/5, while very punctual and organized, majority of your appointments he spends 50% of the appointment time on his laptop (dealing with earlier patients or his emails). Also, you are on HIS schedule and he is aggressively assertive with appointment days/times. Helpfulness: 2/5, impatient and rushes care. Expects every patient to be completely fixed/healed in 2 months. Majority of the work I did at my appointments could have been accomplished by a personal trainer at a gym for half the cost. Knowledge: 2/5, very knowledgeable in regards to a physical therapy, but lacks empathetic and psychological knowledge which are essential when dealing with any patient. While I did learn from this experience and my time with him, overall it felt like a waste of my time and money.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2018

Dr. Jeff recommended physical therapy treatment for three months versus surgery that had been recommended by my surgeon. Dr. Jeff was right. After various exercise programs, I am now relatively pain free, but have not lost any mobility that the surgery would have taken from me. Dr. Jeff knows his stuff.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2017

I was at the running store and Jeff was doing free evaluations so I figured I would have my chronic knee pain that I have tried to have treated in the past looked at. He took me up to his clinic and did a quick exam and recommended that I came to see him. I was skeptical at first because I have had PT in the past for my knees and it definitely did not work. At our first appointment, he told me it was my hips rather than my knees and we focused on that. After 3 months of progressive physical therapy with him, I was already 50x better than I had ever been. He even met me at the YMCA and designed a workout program for me since that was something I was extremely interested in. He worked with my limitations throughout and was very straightforward, which I definitely appreciated. He explained that this whole program wouldn't make me 100% better if I did not commit to it in clinic and at home and that I needed to be serious about getting better. He drew up exercise sheets after every visit with "homework" I needed to be doing and was extremely accessible at any time. He was already in clinic and ready to see me at every visit, even at 6 am. He took the time to explain what processes were going on with my hips and why they were the way they were. His staff was wonderful and extremely helpful at every visit. I went from not being able to walk for more than 20 minutes on flat ground without pain to running and being able to climb 3 flights of stairs to and from work daily with absolutely no pain whatsoever. I would highly recommend seeing Jeff if you are looking for a no-nonsense very knowledgeable physical therapist that will work with you if you are willing to put in the work. In fact, I have recommended him to all my friends. Jeff would absolutely be the person I would go to if I ever injured myself again.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2017

I can not say enough how happy I am to have been treated by Jeff. Over a year ago I "did something" to my shoulder. My PCP sent me to physical therapy (different clinic) and I went faithfully 2-3 times per week for 3+ months. At the end of my time there, when I was deemed "as good as I was going to get" I felt maybe 20% improved. While that therapist was very nice, he did not find the problem. His solution was to use my other arm for things that hurt my shoulder. I returned to my PCP and was sent to an orthopedic surgeon. Was told that I had a frozen shoulder, and because of my type 1 diabetes, it was almost impossible to be relieved of the problem. She told me I could try PT again if I wanted. I did, but did not have high hopes. Within the first half hour of the first appointment with Jeff, he said the issue started with my upper back, so he worked there first. It has been a few days over 2 weeks since that first appointment, and the difference is unbelievable! The pain in my shoulder is drastically improved, movement is close to 100%. I would return to Eugene Physical Therapy, and specifically Jeff with any other physically therapy needs without hesitation.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2017

I've always tried to be active, using a rowing ergometer and weights regularly, as well as stretching and walking regularly. In addition, I've been training in, and teaching, the Japanese martial art of Aikido for 40 years. In fact, I'm the Chief Instructor of Aikido of Eugene. Being 65 and active, and being involved in a martial art, I've acquired my share of injuries over the years and I've continually come back to Jeff Giulietti at Eugene Physical Therapy for assistance. I first met Jeff in 1999 while recovering from a medial meniscectomy on my left knee. Jeff ably assisted me in making a full, 100% recovery, to the point that, at an Aikido seminar later that year, when asked how my knee surgery had gone, I had to take a moment to remember which knee I had injured. Over the intervening 18 years, I've received physical therapy from Jeff for neck, shoulder, lower back, leg, and hand injuries. Jeff has always been able to assist me in healing and achieving full recovery, no matter how severe the initial injury. I've always been impressed with his knowledge of the human body and how it works and with his method of involving me in my own active recovery. He is responsive; he pays attention to what the patient says; and he clearly explains the exercises he asks you to do in your recovery. I think Eugene Physical Therapy and Jeff Giulietti, in particular, are tops in the field of Physical Therapy in the greater Eugene area. I have recommended Jeff and Eugene Physical Therapy to friends. One of them gratefully says, "Jeff saved my life!" If you're in need of Physical Therapy, I highly recommend Eugene Physical Therapy.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2017

I saw Jeff for a chronic problem with my shoulder. He was very professional and knowledgeable. And he made special arrangements to accommodate my work schedule. With a good deal of graded rehabilitation, I've recovered normal use of my shoulder. I highly recommend Jeff and his clinic to others in need of PT.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2017

I had a torn meniscus and could hardly walk my knee was so painful! Jeff was highly recommended to me by a friend who warned me that Jeff was not the kind of person to "coddle" you along, but that he WAS good. I had already been to 2 PT who had asked me what they should do next so was looking for someone better. Jeff did not waste any time on previous histories, but began exercises immediately - yes they were painful but I realized immediately that I felt better when I did them faithfully! I had been a very active person and was sure "my life had ended". Within days my improvement was so marked even my husband remarked on it. Even though I no longer need to attend sessions, I still do the exercises he prescribed me -- I can feel the difference if I don't do them. Right from the beginning I appreciated Jeff's knowledge and business approach to the therapy. Thanks Jeff for "giving me back my life"!

flag | Submitted April 19, 2017

I came to Jeff in May of 2016 with horrible shin splints and a short timeline to work with. I was set to ship out to Navy bootcamp in December and I was in no shape to do so. Jeff worked with me on not only on a physical level but also on a mental level to prepare me to pass my Physical Readiness Test. Well I am happy to say I made it through bootcamp!! I graduated on February 3rd so I am officially a sailor!!! I wanted to give a big thank you to him for all of his help and all that he did to make sure I could pass this test. I can honestly say working with him changed me and is a big part of why I made it through! I passed every single PRT I had and got better and better with each one. My final 1.5 run time was 1330 which is slow I know but I was so unbelievably proud of myself to be able to run that mile and half and not give up. To push through everything they threw at me and not give up or let them break me mentally. I would be in pain and I would get through it by reminding myself the things he taught me about pain it being mental. It really is. All of his effort and support and everything else he did made the world of difference in my life and my future. I am forever thankful.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2017