Ratings for Dr. Guiying Hu

Dr. Hu befriended my mother who grew to trust her, but when she brought up a lump in her cheek that had been there for YEARS, Dr. Hu convinced my mother she was *riddled* with cancer, terrifying her, and talked her into having chemo over my objections. My mother developed an infection in mid treatment and accidentally took too much of a prescribed immunosuppressant (Dr. Hu was told) that left her severely ill. But rather than stop the chemo, Dr. Hu simply prescribed antibiotics and pushed on, resulting in a high fever and diarrhea that put her in the hospital. Once in the hospital, Dr. Hu visited days later and suggested to me that they might need to resume the chemo (that I originally objected to) once she was released. Unfortunately for my mother, St. Luke's was just as incompetent, sending her into cardiac arrest, leaving my mother w/severe brain damage and left to languish in a nursing home, all because an over-zealous doctor didn't consider the consequences of her actions. BEWARE!

flag | Submitted November 5, 2013

I did not feel that she listened and she was evasive in answering questions. She did not give me sufficient information or include me in decisions about my care. She apparently did not read my chart before starting the physical because she found a symptom easily explained by a chronic ailment documented in my chart and seemed to attach great significance to it as if it were a symptom of something else. I will not be seeing her again.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2011

I did not feel Dr Hu listened to what I was saying, often interrupting me before I finished with my question. She always seemed in a rush to get the exam overwith. Once, I was not finished asking questions, when she said something about tuerning in papers and left the room. I thought she was coming right back. About 20 min later her nurse came and asked me if something was wrong...apparently the exam was over. Because I never get my questions answered, I really do not know how knowledgable she is.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2007

Dr. Guiying Hu's Credentials

• Wannan Med Coll, Wuhu, Anhui, China (Grad. 1985)

Delta Dental