Ratings for Dr. Ira Tauber

Dr. Tauber and the staff in his office are extremely personable, timely and thorough. I never thought that I could ever be this happy with a doctor's office. Today was the first day of what I hope are many years of having an amazing primary care experience.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2014

Dr. Tauber is exactly what I've always wanted in a primary care physician. He's smart, he listens, he cares, he follows through, he has a sense of humor.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2013

There aren't enough superlatives in the thesarus to describe this office and Dr. Tauber.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2013

Thorough examination; puts me in mind of the doctors of yesteryear (minus house calls). He listens and communicates well. Dr Tauber is not interested in throwing meds at a symptom/patient, but wants to figure out the underlying issue. Blood tests were drawn right there in his office after exam. We received a call either the next day or two days after the office visit with Lab results. Oh and heads up, 1st-time patients, expect more than the run-of-the-mill medical questioning and medical exam. Dr Tauber skillfully balances his knowledge and years of experience with the CARE of the patient. We were referred to specialists and the office staff had those doctors' cards or contact info typed out ready to give to the patients. My husband and I were impressed with the level of care from Dr Tauber and his staff on our first visit. We hope our subsequent visits will be the same.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2012

I never knew a doctor could be like this! Dr. Tauber is a model for a compassionate, knowledgeable professional. When you are meeting with him, you feel that you are his only patient. He helped me through a bad case of pneumonia with grace, humor, and caring. Through my numerous follow-up visits he continued to show the same level of care and professionalism. I felt I could rely on him and that my good health truly mattered to him. He has been a true blessing to me!

flag | Submitted January 13, 2012

Used Dr. Tauber the first time because he was on my Mailhandlers' PPO network. I'll use him forever, even if he is not. Old-fashioned excellence and care in this office. Not just Dr. Tauber, but all the techs and staff as well, everybody provides quality care and service. Dr. Tauber is gently persuasive about weight and blood pressure, you want to do better so as to please him. I like that he is not test-happy, like some doctors who use the tests as therapies. It's hard to find a primary care doctor, you might like the individual but not feel happy with the way the office is run and the scheduling. Dr. Tauber's office is representative of variously- aged people, people of color, everyone on staff being top notch. If other practices want to know what Best looks like, take a look here.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2011

Outstanding doctor. You look up doctor in the dictionary, there is a picture of Ira Tauber.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2011

Excellent clinologist, has patience with detailed instructions, carefully explains diagnosis. Work with great concern for the patient.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2010

I have used Dr. Tauber for many years. He has spent a gread deal of time with me for my Asthma and Gurd. I find him to be very paitent and very careful in my treatment. I give his name to my friends because I know he will treat them just as carefull. He is a wonderful doctor and easy to talk to, he takes his time and explains my treatment and causes and works hard to find a cure. I am very happy with him and would not use anyone else. Esther Gould

flag | Submitted August 31, 2009

Best doctor I've ever had. Has squeezed me into appointment slots, even stayed late for urgent situations, always a very thorough exam, even if the initial reason for an exam is very specific, does not rush through appointments, gives excellent advice and opinions, very friendly and caring physician. He is like we want all doctors to be.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2008

Dr. Ira Tauber's Credentials

• George Washington University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1971)

Bakery & Confectionary Union Plan
Carefirst Bcbs
Commercial Insurance Company
Geha
Multiplan

Updates

• 'birds of a feather' score (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=121722'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 3.8

February 15, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' score (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=121722'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 3.9

February 5, 2014