Ratings for Dr. Davender Tripathi

Rude, uncooperative and careless staff/Doctor. Overall bad experience.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2017

July 4/17 This was my first visit to Dr. Tripathi and I was very nervous. From the beginning of the appointment I was impressed with the care he provided. He was welcoming, attentive and reassuring. He took the time to put me at ease. He read the synopsis I had prepared, studied the chart showing the dates of my attacks and then asked questions to gather further information. He examined me, asking further questions while doing so. He then took a good deal of time to explain what he felt was the likely cause of my attacks, how he planned to investigate and what possible solutions he hoped to find. In short, my appointment couldn't have gone better. The friend I had taken with me for support was also very impressed. I would recommend Dr. Tripathi to any patient.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2017

Almost two months ago I had a gall stone stuck in my bile duct. I saw Dr. Tripathi when I was in a lot of pain. He pushed to get me an ERCP before the weekend and he successfully removed about a 2 mm gall stone. Yes, I found him intense when he interviewed me in the hospital, but he had memorized my chart and knew of other procedures I had undergone and when as we discussed things. He pushed me to answer some questions. I saw a man of great intelligence and caring wanting to make me better. In some ways, I could say he saved my life...later my family doctor said both the things I had kill people. So, thanks, Dr. Tripathi. I am unaware of either his staff and punctuality, but I wanted to rate him only on knowledge and helpfulness. I really don't know about the staff because I saw him in hospital, but the staff working with him were excellent, so that's valid. I've never been to his office. As to punctual, he showed up, I was on morphine, time didn't matter. He saw me in the ER and later twice, I think, in my hospital room...maybe more.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2017

Having a colonoscopy with this Dr. was one of the worst experiences of my life and I had had one previously with another Dr. He never introduced himself, stood in a corner while the two nurses positioned me, then was very rough, ordering the nurses to turn me on my back, turn me on my side while I was screaming. He should have stopped. The nurses after apologized for my experience. It is horrible to be under sedation, enduring a procedure and crying trying to get him to stop. Follow up found me questioning his aggressiveness, with no appropriate answer. I was just on the assembly line in a very busy day. Never went back and have found a new gastroenterologist who discusses the procedure, previous ones and types of pain medication needed and findings right on the spot.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2017

I have been a patient of Dr. Tripathi for years, very kind, listened to me and made an adjustment in the scope he used for colonoscopy, so I would be more comfortable. I find some of the other comments a little harsh, he is a busy man, with a lot on his mind. I think he is great!!!

flag | Submitted February 17, 2017

This is the second time I have seen Dr. Tripathi. I saw him for the same issue 5 years ago. As always he's rude, abrupt and obnoxious. I came in on time, they took me 40 minutes later. The first thing he said wasn't "hello" it was why are you here. Right then, he set the pace. He basically had a fight with me, because I told him I was back for the same issue. I told Dr. Tripathi my doctor wanted him to talk to me about my options. She said if needed, a colonoscopy would required. So, I was in there to discuss what can be done. Basically he said, that's not what my doctor put in the file. Finally, I said I have the same issue~ elevated liver enzymes, and pain in my abdomen, and as a doctor, all I want from you is some guidance as to what causes this and how it can be fixed, and so far you have not provided me with anything. Finally he examined me and said it's muscle issue. At that point I just wanted to walk out. He knew we were on the same page~ we both did not like each other, because he said I will tell your doctor should the issue persist, to refer you to another doctor for a second opinion. He is pretty much a horrible doctor~ only there for a paycheque not his patients.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2017

Bear in mind that this happened 14 years ago, but it still almost resulted in my death. My family doctor was suspicious that I had a stone blocking my common bile duct. He referred me to Dr Tripathi. Dr Tripathi's bedside manner was a little lacking, but then again, so are many other doctor's. He recommended an ERCP. So we make the appt for that forthwith. I should have known things were going to go pear shaped when I WOKE UP DURING THE PRODECURE. It's not done under a general, just that twilight kind that doesn't require an anaesthesiologist. Let me tell you, enduring that was the longest 4 minutes of my life - it's a scope that goes down your esophagus through various organs until you can examine the pancreas and gall bladder. So I'm awake while this happens. I don't know if he was rushing because I was now awake, but he nicked something and I ended up with pancreatitis. But at the time I didn't know. I went home after the procedure and about 2 hours after I felt awful. I have a very high threshold for pain but this was insane. My husband took me back to Southlake's ER. They were awful as well. Told me to stop screaming like a baby - I was 31 - and I had explained what had happened earlier in the day. I waited to see the ER doc and he gave me a morphine drip for a bit, then wrote me a prescription for Percocet and sent me on my way. They did no tests whatsoever. Around 4am that morning I knew something wasn't right. I was still in an unbelievable amount of pain despite the narcotics. So we drove to RVH in Barrie. Told them the entire story. They were fantastic. They got me hooked up to an IV and got pain relief from immediately. Then they took some blood. The attending at RVH could not believe Southlake did no bloodwork. I actually heard him on the phone ripping someone a new one over that. My results came back - my amylase level, which should have been 23-85, was a thousand times that, well over 2400. I had pancreatitis. I was in RVH on TPN ( that's no fluids or foods by mouth) for a week. The specialist that came to see me when I was as admitted told me that I was lucky, that if I hadn't gotten to RVH when I did, I very may well have died. I had a toddler and an infant at that time. Luckily I haven't had any lasting problems. But that also means that I couldn't sue or make a complaint to the college because I didn't have any permanent or lasting injury. That's why I'm writing this. I want to let potential patients know what can happen.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2017

I went to see Dr. Tripathi due to stomach problems, over a year ago. He told me with my diarrhea that I had that I can take Imodium every night, and told me that the diarrhea will eventually stop. 1 year later and I am still taking the Imodium every night. He told me that the pain will go away from my stomach as well that there is nothing wrong. 1 year later and I still have the pain.....not helpful at all. Now my doctor has me going back to him again, said that this is the doctor that they deal with.......

flag | Submitted October 5, 2016

I was at Southlake and he was very rude. He told me I was going to die before he even did my first test. I didn't want to see him again so I went with another gastroenterologist who is wonderful, knowledgable and does't scare you. The only time he wasn't rude to me was when I was "put under". He acts like he knows everything and everyone else is stupid. I am having liver problems and he asked me if I had any questions. I was scared and asked him if the fact that I'm bleeding a lot is that a sign? "He said I'm not a gynaecologist, I'm a liver doctor." Then when I asked him if what's going on with me could have something to do with the tingling in my feet and he said "I'm not a pediatrist". I just think overall it was the worst experience.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2016

I went for a follow up with Dr. Tripathi it was a waste of my time. I entered his office while he sat at his computer he never looked up from his monitor to acknowledge my presence until I sat down beside his computer. When he did speak he was short curt and dismissive I found him to be patronizing and When I explained what another Doctor a young ENT Doctor thought my diagnose might be he said " what are you taking about I have never heard of it" to that I was thinking - what the heck? I certainly would not recommend this doctor nor would I like to return to see him.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2016