Southlake Regional Health Centre

Southlake Regional Health Centre

Hospital

Rate Southlake Regional Health Centre

Value

Success! Your rating has been saved.

Ratings for Southlake Regional Health Centre

Value

Dr ganage from emerg sent me home saying i only had rheumatoid arthritis and after more complaining of pain in my right hip doctor Lindsey made me feel like it was all in my head saying tumor that was in my femur was benign and went on to say i had it my whole life adter more pain more visits to emerg then internal medicine the doc to there finally listened sent me to mount sinai i had a FULL HIP REPLACEMENT AND OPEN BIOPSY I JUST GOT THE RESULTS TBE TUMOR IS CANCER AND THESE DOCTORS GET AWAY WITH WRONG DIAGNOSIS I WILL GET HEARD AND ILL FO ALL I CAN TO MAKE SURE THESE DOCTORS NEVER MIS DIAGNOSE ANYONE EVER AGAIN

Submitted June 19, 2017 | flag

Value

I arrived at South Lake in Newmarket around 7:30 Thursday June 15 with severe chest pain thought I was having a heart attack, was seen immediately and my pain was treated and gone in about a hour, turned out It was my gall bladder, I can't say enough about the way I was treated by everyone the nurses, technitions, and Doctors. I was very scared and nervous as I hadn't even in a hospital since 1972 when I gave birth, and I'd heard so many horror stories re staff shortages and rude doctors. I was put at ease when Dr.Rahimi came to see me, he told me my options very calmly in a kind and gentle manner, he removed my gall bladder. I spent the night on the 5th floor and everyone was very kind and compassionate, after seeing Dr Rahimi on Friday am I was sent home. Can't say enough thank you's to all the staff I came in contact with. Lynne Swain Sutton

Submitted June 17, 2017 | flag

Value

I've witnessed first hand how some nurses at this hospital mistreat patients. Do not take your elderly loved ones there unless you're prepared to be by their bed 24 hours around the clock cause some of the nurses here are plain useless and incompetent . Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of good nurses out there, but this hospital lacks them. We will be contacting the ministry of health to lodge a complain soon.

Submitted June 2, 2017 | flag

Value

Had an throat infection, told them is bacterial (other doctors have misdiagnosed for viral infecfion, i have removed the tansels in young adge ) they didn't want to jear anything, send me home without any help, next day went to see a doctor in a walk in clinic, he gave me antibiotics and im getting better already.

Submitted May 28, 2017 | flag

Value

Went to emerge at 3pm was sent home at 9pm was given IV and pain meds. Was back at 4am with same problems now waiting to see doctor after already seeing 3. This place is a joke nursing staff should go find a job they enjoy doing. Patients are treated very poorly. Canadian health care is a joke.

Submitted May 13, 2017 | flag

Value

Have been coming to Southlake for 4 years, first with my husband then myself. Have had 4 operation, we both have chemo. I had radiation and everyone in the cancer unit and radiation dept has been terrific. The people in radiation,Steven,Kevin, Melissa and Jason were great. Again thank you to everyone at Southlake, I appreciate everyone of you. Thank you for being there.

Submitted March 28, 2017 | flag

Value

Ive been coming here for six years fighting cancer and what a nice friendly place all most like a second home

Submitted March 14, 2017 | flag

Value

South lake hospital is a joke. Brought my daughter in with some pretty disturbing pictures on her phone. Of her and my bathroom bloody, with her arm all cut up and texts saying that she "hasn't been this suicidal in a long time", but the text messages were on Monday (4 days prior) so they sent her home cause they don't think it's a mental health issue great enough to hospitalize her, as they don't think she's a threat to herself. These pictures were graphic with tons of blood on the floor, bloody razors, pills on the floor, and a separate picture of her bloody, cut up arm. I also had a judgement from the justice of the peace who also saw the pictures and texts. Who also thought they were disturbing and that he was frightened for her safety. They treated me, and talked to me, as if I was an idiot for bringing her in and for taking drastic measures as to go to a JP. Saying numerous times things along the lines of "and?" And rolling her eyes when showing them the suicidal messages and pictures. As if to say it was nothing and wasn't anything to be alarmed or. Their mental health practitioners are a joke. Don't care about the patients or the parents of mentally ill kids at all. I asked the psychiatrist what happens if she comes home and kills herself? She srugged her shoulders and told me that could happen once she is released if they do admit her so it's no different. She was rude and utterly disgusting. Shouldn't have a medical license in my opinion.

Submitted Feb. 18, 2017 | flag

Value

Went to Southlake heart rhythm clinic. Unorganized pre op admin. Wrong birthday date, wrong heart procedure listed. Lab tech would not take INR blood request because of wrong birth date info labels. Admin's errors created extra delay and stress on both the nurses and patient. Nurses could not attempt a IV insertion and calls where made to have someone special come down to do it - nothing happened. My own surgeon got testy from waiting and did it himself.
I was taken from the Welcome Area to Pre Op where I was told my husband would then be able to come in and wait with me before my heart procedure. I went in at 9:30 am, he saw me at 3 pm - "Post op." He sat in the Welcome area waiting room all that time only to inquire two hours later to be told I was already in surgery. I asked three times - each time to be told, yeah, we will get him. I understand pre op nurses are overworked & stressed and have the utmost respect, however this way beyond comprehension. Pre Op admin department needs an overhaul review in patient quality assurance. Once through the Pre Op doors into the cardiac labs - excellent care, excellent nurses, excellent cardiologist for which I am very grateful. I rated the "value" 5 stars because we have free health care in Canada.

Submitted Feb. 13, 2017 | flag

Value

Now, I have had both good and bad experiences here at southlake. When I delivered my son, they were great! When he had issues with his neck, the person helping us weekly to stretch it out and provide exercises was also amazing. Very very kind. But as of recently, its been downhill. I can see a decrease in care and an increase in attitude. I brought my son in because he was screaming in pain because of his throat. It was around 11 at night and the receptionist had the worst attitude. Rolled her eyes, made a "tsk" when I was stuttering while speaking, and spoke to me as if I were an idiot. She gave no direction in where to go after she checked us in. We had to ask one of the nice nurses who walked by us. On top of this, though the doctor was nice, he was in such a rush he barely showed any actual care towards my son, he simply perscribed antibiotics and then sent us on our way. Where as, previously, when we went in because my son fell and hit his head, though not an emergency, we were concerned, we were met almost instantly with a doctor whom checked my son over, made sure he was okay, gave us directions for home to ensure that if my son had issues at home with his head, we would be able to diagnose and help. Such a differencd in only 5 years. Very disappointing.

Submitted Feb. 11, 2017 | flag