Ratings for Dr. Christine Alvarez

I never made it to an apnt with Dr. Alvarez.... I called to re-book my apnt for my autistic daughter 4 days before and the person on staff answering was so incredibly rude I just cancelled completely!!!! I was asked for the reason; and was then told that they are incredibly busy, and I am taking up a spot now, and will be taking up a spot later, and blah blah blah.... I am sure they have a long waiting list that could fill any apnt! Jeez; they are all just toooo damn important for us mere mortals!! And judging by the reviews of the doctor....that seem to be the case!

flag | Submitted October 31, 2016

We love Dr. Alvarez! Sometimes the wait times are horrendous but usually they're 1 hr or so.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2016

Extremely poor bedside manner, rushed, no examination, acts defensive and irritated when asking questions, quick to suggest aggressive treatment without proper assessment, very unpleasant experience. It is concerning that this is one of the main pediatric doctors at BC Children's.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2016

Dr Alverez is so invested in children's lives. Thank you!

flag | Submitted April 18, 2016

My son has been her patient. We found her to be a fantastic doctor. She gave us all the options and also provided us with all the information to choose the best option. She is a very loving doctor and extremely gentle with babies and kids. We love her and highly recommend her!

flag | Submitted March 18, 2015

Dr. Alvarez is very unprofessional. My experience with her treatment, her lack of people skills, and her "rich clicky attitude" is more than undesirable. Ive heard more about her 3 sons, then anything related medically to my child. Her British "second hand" is very nice however. But be prepared to have a string along of 3 "trainees" always tagging along unannounced, unintroduced, and be prepared for Dr. Alvarez to spout off biased and rude things to you, or if your lucky completely ignore your even in the room and speak to her trainees instead, because shes obviously "very busy" to have an "appointment" with you. And we pay for this service? She will only give you the time of day, if you are a certain calibar of person, or if she somehow finds your case "interesting", if not, she is short, curt, rude, and you will not even have a proper medical examination or treatment. Its sad we have so few doctors! I will not be returning to her clinic, I would rather travel to another city or province!!!

flag | Submitted March 13, 2015

I have been seeing Dr, Alvarez for 15 years. My daughter will begin to work with Dr. Alvarez when she is 5, as she has the same disease, I have received wonderful care and I am 100% confident in her ability and skills. I am confident with having Dr. Alvarez care for my daughter. I am grateful for this wonderful, bright, passionate doctor.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2014

flag | Submitted March 17, 2014

Anyone who has posted negative comments/ratings for Dr.C.Alvarez, has to seriously re-evaluate their perspectives. Any negative reviews are clearly un-grounded and arbitrary. I have had my son treated at multiple hospitals across Canada and I find Dr Alvarez to be the most comprehensive, involved and caring doctor i have ever met. Anyone with children seeing Dr.Alvarez do not need to worry about whether they are receiving the best treatment or not because they are. It makes me sick to read some of these comments. The people leaving these comments are crazy moms who are not right in the head to begin with. These are people who are mad at the world and at society and cannot be happy unless they are angry. Check yourself. Again, your children could not be in better hands. She may not have the time to be as personable as a regular family physician although time does not permit her to do so. She is a wonderful doctor with a huge heart.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2014

Daughter has hip displasia and it seemed this Dr. was uninterested in cases like ours less prestigious than more complicated issues. Was very uncaring and didn't offer solutions for ill fitting harness causing issues. Follow up at 1 yr. was 3 hours wait for a 2 minute appointment. No x ray offered. No idea if hips are formed correctly after 8 weeks of harness. At 3 years old we were supposed to go back but never got a call, so I called my family Dr. to inquire and the 2 year check up with her never got recorded. No report whatsoever was sent to my family Dr. Dr. Alvarez is very disorganized and very scatterbrained. No idea if she's got incredible technical skills and an amazing surgeon but she has no idea how to run a practice or how to interact with patients and families. I wish we had been referred to another Dr. after birth because now I'm worried that my daughters hips may not have had the proper treatment.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2013