Ratings for Dr. Joel Werier

Gosh, it's been a runaround with this doctor. He's very proud of the fact that he is one of only 6 orthopaedic oncologists in Canada and as soon as he decided my tumour was benign, I went right to the bottom of his radar screen. He never read my notes before I saw him, tried to fob me off with "let's give it time" despite my pain, made me feel very indisgnificant and that he had more important things to do. I have had two surgeries now with him. I'm now 3 weeks post surgery and the tumour is back, bigger than ever. He's now referred me to someone else. His office doesnt inform if there are changes in treatment plans, he even wrote the wrong foot down on my last surgical consent form. Yes, he's a very busy man and he has no doubt saved lives, but he does not come across as caring , he's very dismissive and I don't feel he could even be bothered when he did my last excision. Waiting now to see the next orthopaedic surgeon that he has now referred me to. We are 2 years into this now.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2017

he's a great surgeon, but he made a terrible mistake with my case, and if one of the other surgeons hadn't caught it, god knows what could have happened....also, waiting to see him before my surgery, he was almost 3 hours late for my appointment and couldn't care less. be very careful with him

flag | Submitted November 4, 2016

Great Dr, very helpful, he's an amazing Dr....but is late every single time, he didn't even get to the hospital until 40 minutes after my appointment.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2016

He's a great doctor, but is always well over an hour late every single appointment. But he is a great and knowledgeable doctor, he does love to make a point to make sure you know that his time is more important than yours.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2016

irresponsible prescribed the wrong drug and did not apologize after admitting this

flag | Submitted February 5, 2016

Seriously could not be more pleased with Dr. Werier, he handled my ortho oncology problem with ease & made my journey through surgery much easier than I anticipated.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2015

Wonderful doctor, we would recommend highly him. Very personable, sense of humor and very talented surgeon. He did a wonderful job with our son, removed all of his cancer and our son is happy and healing beautifully! The staff throughout the hospital are always courteous and very caring and helpful!

flag | Submitted March 10, 2015

Great sense of humor, Knowledgeable, Easy going. He did my Surgery about 10 years ago and I would praise him to anyone.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2014

Empathetic, sense of humour, kind and extremely helpful. His staff is as knowledgeable and helpful as he is. I am still alive and walking 9 years later thanks to the support of Dr. Werier and his staff.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2014

Best Dr Ever...saved my son's life...forever grateful!!! I would recommend him to everyone...

flag | Submitted April 27, 2014