Ratings for Dr. Monica Avendano Alvarez

Like other have said she has poor bed-side manner. I've heard other patients say "she lacks compassion". She's really strict which can be good or bad. She kept me in isolation for almost 3 months to find out that I'm not contagious, even though I could have been isolated at home during that time because I lived alone. She got mad at me and yelled at me once when I was referring to the whole room (full of both males and females) as "you guys". Lots of the patients say she's mean, nurses and even custodial staff also think she's mean. The patients use more colorful words than mean. Overall though, from what I hear she knows her stuff and has been very successful in her career.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2016

She is very arrogant, demonstrates lack of knowledge, and has very poor bed manners.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2015

Few years back I was her patient at West Park and found her very arrogant, insensitive and Extra poor bedside manners! She might be knowledgeable physician but she demonstrates it very poorly and in the rude, unprofessional ways. Instead helping me, she caused me great stress and anxiety with her remarks. Good physician, beside being very knowledgeable and smart, needs to have some compassion and kind way to deal with his/her patient! She lacks it.

flag | Submitted November 27, 2014

This is difficult to add here. Dr. Avendano/West Park is the reason my mother is alive today! There is no substitute for knowledge and experience in a crisis situation. Dr. Avendano demonstrated both. She motivated and appreciated personal efforts. Great! My appreciation for life!

flag | Submitted October 24, 2013

flag | Submitted September 6, 2013

I was refered to Avendano as I have a serious lung issue. When she first told me how serious it was I cried and she took my hands, looked me in the eyes and said "don't cry, we're going to help you". She told me straight up what I had to do and by god, I am doing it. She tells it how it is and doesn't sugar coat things, which to me is the way to do it. She even saw me on a day she doesn't normally see out patients. My husband and I are so thankful that she is my doctor.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2013

I usually come to this site to find out more about a doctor but most of the time I try to give them the benefit of the doubt. On this case, I should have read it before seeing this doctor. The comments here describe her to a tee.This person has lost her human touch and compassion.She should be reminded of her Hippocratic Oath. Patients are not numbers or stats, when someone is sick the least they need is insensitive and callous doctors like Dr. Avendano. She also treated my mother rudely and unkindly and I was there to witness it all.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2012

flag | Submitted December 14, 2011

if my life was in jeopardy i would be honored to have dr avendano save my life anytime/she is a qualified respirologists who knows her stuff.anyone fortunate enough to have dr avendano will get the best care possible

flag | Submitted November 10, 2010

Dr. Monica Avendano believe she is the best..she has lots of pride, she would not even listen to her patients, she would not even consult other DRs. she would not even bother checking patients profile...she is RUDE, ARROGANT, MEAN, SHE IS NOT EVEN HUMAN. DO NOT GO TO WEST PARK HOSPITAL..RUN AWAY...unless you want to be in a situation like my mom..DR. Avendano is a evil person..she has no heart..She should be FIRED...ROT IN HELL..

flag | Submitted October 27, 2010