Ratings for Dr. Carmen M. Renna

Dr. Renna is an excellent, extremely knowledgeable, caring and compassionate physician. She has been my Internist for over 20 years and has exhibited the same characteristics throughout the entire period. Her calendar allocates a specific amount of time for each of patient and she always attempt to address and resolve the patient's concerns when they are with her. She is direct and yet very tactful -- as "time with each of her patients" is of the essence in efforts to treat her patients. She refers her patients to the appropriate specialist - when the patient's medical issues requires a specialized evaluation and/or treatment. Any intelligent human being would understand that she is an "Internist" and not "one's BFF". All patients should understand that Dr. Renna -- thou very caring - Dr. Renna is not your mental health advisor, physical therapist or religious leader. When I have an appointment with Dr. Renna -- I go into the exam room with -- a complete list of all medications (prescriptions and non prescription), a clearly stated list of my medical complaints (reasons I am there) listing the physical effects associated with each of the complaints (and also, a daily log of my BP). Dr. Renna -- always return calls -- plus she calls you with the results of major blood work, test results, reminds you to take preventative shots (when needed) and to take appropriate exams (colon cancer screenings, etc.) I have observed patients who come in (sometime late) and state that they are there for their appointment (example: for a 2:00 p.m. appointment, they enter the office at 2:00 p.m. and state that they must be out by or before 2:30 -- as they must meet their child's school bus at 2:45). During my many, many visits -- my only observation of the entire staff -- has been nothing by professional, helpful and polite. The staff is wonderful. Additionally, I have suggested - referred many, many friends, family and colleagues to Dr. Renna's practice and ALL of them have had nothing but PRAISE for Dr. Renna's professionalism. THANK YOU -- DR. RENNA -- YOU are GREAT (society needs more dedicated Physicians like YOU!!

flag | Submitted April 13, 2018

The staff was rude and unaware of HIPPA. I was told to completely disrobe.... for an ECG. What!? Then the staff member said she didn't need to close the blinds for my privacy since the office was on the 4th floor and no one could see in the room. Several of my medical history facts did not make it into my chart, which I know because they are not listed on the patient summary provided at the end of the visit. I have zero regard or confidence in this staff.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2017

Last year when I turned 22, it was time to finally leave my pediatrician and find an internist. I am so glad I ended up with Dr. Renna. She is very knowledgable and caring. What I most like about her is how thorough she is. The office can get very busy but she always takes her time with me, answering any questions I have and making sure she has a full understanding and history. My only complaint is that the office is extremely busy, parking is a mess, and some office members aren't the best. However, I will admit that the office staff seems to have improved lately.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2011

Dr.Renna is great to talk with and caring. She also followed up quickly with me after the appointment. Office staff on the latest visit was actually better than usual. I have been tempted to switch doctors because of the office staff - lets see how the latest referral goes!

flag | Submitted December 3, 2009

I have been going to Dr. Renna for a few years, first time on a recommendation. I have always liked her, and now more than ever. She really sticks by her patients when they have problems.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2009

I began seeing Dr. Renna approximately 2 years ago and couldn't be more pleased. I'm even more of a fan of Susan Makish, the NP on staff.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2009

Dr. Renna diagnosed my cancer early when the experts could not find it. Got it early - got it out! Exellent diagnostician. Offce staff policies could be better - but want a good Doctor? She is it.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2008

Not the best doctor I have ever been to but certainly not a bad doctor. I would have to agree that her office staff is rude and clueless.

Submitted June 5, 2008

Dr. Renna was insensitive and uncaring. When I told her I had pain, she told me other people had more pain than I did and I stop complaining!That statement is unacceptable from a doctor. I changed physicians pronto!

Submitted February 21, 2008

DR. RENNA WAS AMAZING SHE CALLED ME WITH A QUESTION I HAD RIGHT AWAY BUT THE ONLY PROBLEM I HAD WAS WITH HER STAFF THEY WERE VERY RUDE!!!

flag | Submitted August 30, 2007

Dr. Carmen M. Renna's Credentials

• A Einstein Coll Of Med Of Yeshiva Univ, Bronx Ny 10461 (Grad. 1981)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal