Ratings for Dr. Ludwig Allegra

This guy gave me what is called Empty Nose Syndrome which is a medically surgically caused problem. It can happen after over aggressive nasal surgeries. In 2006 I saw him with problems of basic nasal congestion and after failure to respond to sprays, he talked me into a "Sub-Mucosa Resection" which is generally accepted as the best procedure with minimal risks. The only problem is that is not what he did. While I was asleep, he did a "Sub-total Turbinectomy" which is a completely different procedure. SMRs are supposed to reduce nasal turbinates from withing and preserve the 3D shape and continuity of the mucosa tissue. What he did was cut them off with scissors leaving me with stumps for nasal turbinates. I felt worse after the surgery and my sleep got worse. Breathing felt absent but I didn't know what Empty Nose was then because I was never warned. ENS is a debilitating condition that gets worse over time, generally taking as much as 5-8 years to fully manifest itself. This guy ruined my life and has caused me constant suffering. I saw him 6 years later and he told me "people in the desert had their turbinates removed and were fine". There are many studies out there regarding turbinate reduction and most plead to be conservative, but this guy believes in the most aggressive studies and that is what he does. he cuts them out, so stay away from this guy and keep your health.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2015

Dr. Ludwig Allegra's Credentials

• Tufts Univ Sch Of Med, Boston Ma 02111 (Grad. 1978)

MSP/BC Med