Dr. Anita A. Goel

Outstanding Staff Badge
World Class Punctuality Badge

Ratings for Dr. Anita A. Goel

Dr Goel has a no-nonsense demeanor and is comfortable to talk to. She explained my diagnosis in a way that I was able to understand. Whatever time I needed she was prepared to give ....I hate feeling ‘rushed’ when I have questions! Dr Goel is professional and her office staff (Wendy) is the Bees Knees.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2018

I had a pleasant experience with Dr. Goel for my initial appointment. She was able to provide a diagnosis where my other doctors (podiatrist and primary) were not. I found her approach to be straight-forward and no-nonsense, yet she made space for my reaction and emotions regarding the diagnosis ("do you need a few minutes to take it in", handing me the box of tissues). I was able to ask my questions and she was helpful in sharing resources and a treatment plan for the months ahead. I was initially disappointed with the length of time from the referral to the scheduled appointment; however, that is due to the scarcity of Rheumatologists in our metro area, rather than a reflection of Dr.Goel. Asking to be on a cancelation list or enlisting the help of your primary doctor may reduce the wait time for an appointment. The receptionists and MA were very helpful, polite, and professional. I would recommend Dr.Goel and look forward to my next appointment with her.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2018

I wish I had read these reviews before my appointment because I feel exactly like every other person who gave her a low score. She was condescending, rude, abrupt. Told me I should stop going to doctors so much and that I just need to lose weight. First of all what?! If I have medical concern I am going to see a doctor. And second I'm not even that overweight. She wouldn't listen to my symptoms, exam me or really ask any questions. It was a 15 min appointment I had to make 3 months ago because that was the soonest they could get me in. She lightly pushed on trigger points over my clothes (including a sweatshirt), asked me if they were tender (they weren't), then said I had probably had Fibromyalgia. No blood work, nothing! I feel like she already had her mind made up about me before she even got to my room because the initial blood work with my regular doctor had a low score. I left there with no answers and I would neve recommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2017

It's almost like these ratings are bout two different people. The Dr. Goel I know has always be kind and empathetic as well as very knowledgeable. I went to her when I was having no success with treating my rheumatoid arthritis and furthermore could not afford the latest treatments available. She found a way for me to get the treatment I needed so that the damage done from the illness was reversed and the RA is currently in remission. I couldn't ask for better than that.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2014

She is wonderful doctor. Very knowledgable and no nonsense approach.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2013

I wish I had read these reviews before seeing Dr.Goel .She was the worst doctor I have ever seen. She was indeed very rude , mean ,& condescending . She was a poor listener & was quite visibly angered when I challenged her "authority " She had little to no knowledge regarding hypermobility.I best quit before I say too much about this awful woman . I recommend Drs. K. Kemple, H. Gandler , Barkhuizen instead.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2012

What doctor in their right mind, starts discussing a patients issues with them without even reading the medical history first (forms you fill out) describing family history, past medical conditions, that would directly relate to your condition, and takes you back to the room and discusses your plan without even letting you finish them to read. Speaks for itself. I feel any of the positive comments must be from people who perhaps did not have much experience in dealing with other physicians to know how to compare their experience. Please read all comments on here before you go there.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2011

I felt like Dr. Goel had diagnosed me before she walked into the room. Her first sentence to me was "your ANA test was a false positive", yet she never explained why she held that opinion. Although she was courteous and professional, I felt she jumped to conclusions, generalized, and was dismissive overall. She was not in the least interested in my family history and explained away all of my symptoms. She told me more tests were not necessary, but didn't offer any possible causes for my symptoms other than stress. I waited two months to see her, time which would have been much better spent with another physician who might actually have been interested in finding out what's wrong with me.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2011

I appreciate Dr. Goel tremendously. I can honestly say that I have never been cared for by a finer physician or person.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2010

Dr. Goel is wonderful. I was referred to her by my primary care physician who recommended her highly and said that he would refer his family to her if needed. She was on time, friendly and to the point. She did a detailed and careful review of my complaints and examined me thoroughly. She then spent a lot of time explaining my autoimmune condition to me and answered all of my questions patiently. She has been wonderful and I would highly recommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2010

Dr. Anita A. Goel's Credentials

• Univ Of Wales Coll Of Med, Cardiff, Wales (946-01 Pr 1/71) (Grad. 1989)

Oxford