Dr. Anita A. Goel

Outstanding Staff Badge
World Class Punctuality Badge

Ratings for Dr. Anita A. Goel

I wish I had read these reviews before my appointment because I feel exactly like every other person who gave her a low score. She was condescending, rude, abrupt. Told me I should stop going to doctors so much and that I just need to lose weight. First of all what?! If I have medical concern I am going to see a doctor. And second I'm not even that overweight. She wouldn't listen to my symptoms, exam me or really ask any questions. It was a 15 min appointment I had to make 3 months ago because that was the soonest they could get me in. She lightly pushed on trigger points over my clothes (including a sweatshirt), asked me if they were tender (they weren't), then said I had probably had Fibromyalgia. No blood work, nothing! I feel like she already had her mind made up about me before she even got to my room because the initial blood work with my regular doctor had a low score. I left there with no answers and I would neve recommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2017

It's almost like these ratings are bout two different people. The Dr. Goel I know has always be kind and empathetic as well as very knowledgeable. I went to her when I was having no success with treating my rheumatoid arthritis and furthermore could not afford the latest treatments available. She found a way for me to get the treatment I needed so that the damage done from the illness was reversed and the RA is currently in remission. I couldn't ask for better than that.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2014

She is wonderful doctor. Very knowledgable and no nonsense approach.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2013

I wish I had read these reviews before seeing Dr.Goel .She was the worst doctor I have ever seen. She was indeed very rude , mean ,& condescending . She was a poor listener & was quite visibly angered when I challenged her "authority " She had little to no knowledge regarding hypermobility.I best quit before I say too much about this awful woman . I recommend Drs. K. Kemple, H. Gandler , Barkhuizen instead.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2012

What doctor in their right mind, starts discussing a patients issues with them without even reading the medical history first (forms you fill out) describing family history, past medical conditions, that would directly relate to your condition, and takes you back to the room and discusses your plan without even letting you finish them to read. Speaks for itself. I feel any of the positive comments must be from people who perhaps did not have much experience in dealing with other physicians to know how to compare their experience. Please read all comments on here before you go there.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2011

I felt like Dr. Goel had diagnosed me before she walked into the room. Her first sentence to me was "your ANA test was a false positive", yet she never explained why she held that opinion. Although she was courteous and professional, I felt she jumped to conclusions, generalized, and was dismissive overall. She was not in the least interested in my family history and explained away all of my symptoms. She told me more tests were not necessary, but didn't offer any possible causes for my symptoms other than stress. I waited two months to see her, time which would have been much better spent with another physician who might actually have been interested in finding out what's wrong with me.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2011

I appreciate Dr. Goel tremendously. I can honestly say that I have never been cared for by a finer physician or person.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2010

Dr. Goel is wonderful. I was referred to her by my primary care physician who recommended her highly and said that he would refer his family to her if needed. She was on time, friendly and to the point. She did a detailed and careful review of my complaints and examined me thoroughly. She then spent a lot of time explaining my autoimmune condition to me and answered all of my questions patiently. She has been wonderful and I would highly recommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2010

This physician’s complete lack of empathy is astounding. She doesn’t listen, is abrasive, rude, arrogant and condescending. I was treated like an ignorant child. My questions and opinions were completely discarded as she rolled her eyes and tsked at whatever I had to say. This unkind, uncaring woman practically made me feel that having an autoimmune condition is my own fault. I’ve never been subjected to such harshness or cruelty from a doctor. My visits with her were absolutely the worst doctor visits I’ve ever experienced in all my life. I left her office feeling hopeless about my condition because she insisted that if I didn’t do exactly what she said I’d basically end up a vegetable. I was depressed, disheartened and near tears when I left her office. Will never go back.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2010

Dr Goel & her staff have been the kindess most caring people I have dealt with in a Dr's office for years. I always feel they truly care about your health condition. They always follow through on what they say they will do. I was concerned about the medication they have me on but the pain I was in was so severe & it has really helped. I would recommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2009

Dr. Anita A. Goel's Credentials

• Univ Of Wales Coll Of Med, Cardiff, Wales (946-01 Pr 1/71) (Grad. 1989)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal