Ratings for Dr. Ronald F. Halbrooks

Was looking for a new PCP to help treat a condition I'd been previously diagnosed with at UNC. His arrogant attitude and quick dismissal was a complete turn off. Corresponded with him via duke myChart, his spelling was terrible, his responses were as short as possible. I asked him why he didn't perform one test that UNC had found my condition with, and he simply responded "no, do not need it" . Looking to switch doctors ASAP

flag | Submitted October 4, 2014

Ronald Halbrooks is the best doctor I have seen yet. He gives a care about his patients and refers them to someone that could help if he cant. I actually love his bedside manner it is quite perfect. Not over the top andhe doesn't just write you off quickly as most others do. For those who dont agree...you should experience some of these other quacks that act like one os a nuisance for explaining their medical condition, he's one of the good ones in duke health system. This guy has really given me advice and peace of mind and truth aboutmy situation. No matter how bad.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2013

Dr. Ron Halbrooks is one of the worst doctors in the Duke Health system. He seems to think he can fix everything with more drugs and more tests, when OTCs and rest are sufficient. He also has the worst bedside manor of any doctor I've visited in my entire life. Avoid this man like the plague. If the disease doesn't kill you, his treatments probably will.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2013

Needed a Dr. after moving here and had a stay at Duke Hospital without having a Dr. I knew. Saw Dr. Halbrooks and he was very thorough, nice and attentive. He did a ton of tests to try to find my problem and took as much time as I needed. He patiently answered all my questions, and made sure I always had a follow up appointment. He staff was nice and friendly. I would recommend him to anyone. He emailed me immediately within a minute to answer any requests I had.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2013

His bedside manner is atrocious. I would never see him again. He thought I had a virus and prescribed antibiotics for it. Ugh.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2010

Went to see Doc Halbrooks because I was getting headaches after exercise and wanted to know if any medications I take might need adjusting. Instead, he offered me a perscription to help when I get a headache. He seems like an OK guy, but its hard to see how he could have taken a less helpful approach to help me. Seemed like he had no attention span, and was only into the "quick fix".

flag | Submitted July 27, 2008

i switched PCP the first of the year to focus all my medical personnel on Duke. Dr. Halbrooks was the closest PCP to where I live. I found Dr. Halbrooks to be arrogant, unwilling to listen to his patients (I had prepared a questionnaire to learn more about him & if i wanted him as my PCP, but he refused to answer any of the questions) & unhelpful; e. g., i asked him if he answered questions via email - he said yes, he would send me his email address. Now after repeated requests i still do not have his em address. He is also incomplete - did not do a thorough physical exam or health history. Do not recommend him.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2007

Dr. Ronald F. Halbrooks's Credentials

• University Of Texas Medical Branch At Galveston (Grad. 1983)