Ratings for Dr. Dawn M. Zapotok

After nurses and me asking that my daughter remain in the hospital due to low birthweight, poor feeding, inability to maintain temp, Dr. Z refused. The next day she failed in my husband's arms and was readmitted hypothermic, dehydrated, and breathing poorly. The nurses told me that they asked her not to release my daughter,,,that she wasn't ready. Everytime we bumped into Dr. Z after that at the office, she told me she'd be fine...that she was OK...that I shouldn't worry so much. She wasn't OK and she almost died because Dr. Z insisted on releasing her and these were all early indicators of her continuing health issues. I was relieved she left the peds practice I had chosen, but am sad to see she still practices. She never apologized, and made a point to come see us when we were in the waiting room to tell us that Marie was just fine.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2012

Dr. Zapotok is wonderful. She is compassionate and knowledgeable as a mom herself. Some may not like her because she isn't "warm and fuzzy" but I prefer a dr. who knows her stuff and is efficient over someone who will be my best friend but misdiagnose my child. She went above and beyond when my son was suffering from multiple ear infections and needed ear tubes and the care of a specialist, often calling the specialist herself to make sure he was getting the best care possible. My family and I trust her and feel like she never rushes us and always takes time to answer all of our questions, no matter how trivial they may seem. She is also not an alarmist, and works hard to calm new parents!

flag | Submitted September 7, 2011

Dr. Zapotok is great. We see here for both of my children. We are kind of obsessive parents, and she is very good at calming our fears about trivial things. But when my son was once facing a potentially serious condition, she did everything she could to help, both by treating it, staying on top of it (even calling on us on a Saturday without being requested), and referring us to a specialist when she felt it was not something she could treat. She is friendly, and sympathetic, but still very professional. The "4" I gave for staff is because some of her practices nurses need to improve their bedsides manners, and the "3" for punctuality is because I don't know that I've ever been seen on time there, but I also have never waited more than about 10 minutes past the appointment time, and they never make us wait in the examination rooms.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2008

Wonderful Pediatrician. Dr. Zapotok is great with my three children (ages 7,5 and 1.5) We have been seeing her for almost seven years and I wouldn't leave her or her staff for anything!

flag | Submitted August 8, 2007

Dr. Dawn M. Zapotok's Credentials

• Temple Univ Sch Of Med, Philadelphia Pa 19140 (Grad. 1994)